“Country Hospitality Meets Urban Amenities”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Country Hospitality Meets Urban Amenities”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Without exception, members of the staff were gracious and helpful. Big thanks to Nick, Adrienne, John, Kevin, Donna, Maria, and Shannon.

The room and bathroom were super clean, the bed was comfortable, and the small frig and microwave came in very handy. My king standard room was spacious and even though it was on the highway side, the good insulation muted the traffic noise sufficiently. I did, however, hear the pings of the elevator, and some inconsiderate guests slammed their room doors.

The little "Conveniences" store by the front desk had snacks and laundry essentials, so I did my laundry on the second floor laundry room. Breakfast was delicious with freshly cooked eggs, sides, pastries, and waffles. From now on when I travel, I will stay at a Country Inn and Suites whenever possible. It's such a treat to find a comfortable, clean, and hospitable place to stay when away from home.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank VizWiz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Boston, Ma
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This is truly a beautiful hotel. The rooms have beautiful furniture. The small fridge is concealed behind a lovely chest as is the small microwave. The flat screen tv has a great picture and they offer a great selections of channels. The coffee and breakfast are great. And they offer you homemade cookies (three kinds). There is plenty of restaurants and stores within a mile or two(if not closer). Parking can be tricky.. but they have enough for all the guests. The only complaint is that we had a SCREAMING BABY THAT WENT ON FOR ALMOST AN HOUR (started at 2-2:30 in the morning)that kept me awake (not the resorts fault) but I had to wake up early and found it hard to fall asleep again. But other than that. I really didn't hear anything else. I did mention this to the front desk clerk and he said that he had been aware of the situation and apologized. Again it wasnt his/hotel's fault. Another plus is that it has easy on/off ramp for Route 95.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank almira16
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We just recently stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Orange, the reason why mainly we picked this hotel, is because we have 2 lovely dogs that travels with us. The hotel was so accommodating, in between the check-in being done early, by Adrienne at the front desk, she knew we had driven all night so we needed to rest a bit and she arranged it with Donna is housekeeping to put a rush into our room. The delivered with such rapidity, got us into our room only 1 hr after we had arrived in town. Got into our pet friendly room to find out, it smelled very fresh and our housekeeper Deb has left us a hand written note, to let us know if we needed anything she was at our service. The breakfast in the morning was complimentary, which Is fantastic, one morning I needed some peanut butter but they had closed down the breakfast.... :( But Brenda, breakfast attendant, went out of her way and got me a couple of pack and even suggested to try it with an apple, she said it was even better! Each time we passed the front desk someone very welcoming would say hello to us and even offered us some of of the complimentary cookies they have, which my granddaughter LOVED!!! Anyone going to Port Orange, take my advice and stay at the Country Inn and Suites, they are AMAZING!!! From a please a loyal customer.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vanessa G
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I cannot express how wonderful this hotel is! Friendly staff, VERY clean rooms and grounds, neat and orderly! The hotel even had a little store stocked with possible needs. We were traveling back from Disney World. This hotel was nicer than the resort's at Disney! Delicious breakfast, Staff is knowledgeable about the area and very helpful. We can't wait to return to it.

Green Features: I appreciated the notices with tips to conserve water and the recycling bins in the room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda H
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was outstanding! I am still traveling, but couldn't wait to return home before writing a review. This hotel was meticulous in every way. It was clean, we'll managed, and very comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel or stay here again. Have you ever stayed at a hotel where you hated to leave? This is the place. I received a warm welcome, free room upgrade, reasonable price, and a quiet place to stay for the night. I really did hate to leave. The room was spacious, nice hot shower, and a comfy bed. Country Inn keep up the good work!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RoadWarriorII
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is nice having our guests so excited that they have to complete their review before they get home!

My staff takes great pride in what they do. I guess this is why we were selected as Hotel of the Year - 2013 for the Country Inn & Suites Brand as well as holding the distinction of being #1 in Guest Satisfaction for all of Carlson-Rezidor hotels for 2013 & 2012.

We look forward to your return visit and can not wait to take care of all of your friends, family & followers when they visit our area.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very clean and new hotel. All of the staff members were exceptional - from the front desk to breakfast. Located around several nice restaurants and coffee houses - Panera, Starbucks, etc. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DRFLA
Thank you for your nice remarks regarding the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona.
It is a pleasure reading our guests reviews.

I don't want you to forget Moe's Southwest Grill, Pollo Tropical (coming soon) & a soon to be announced Pizza Experience that will all be located in our immediate area as well. We are in the middle of everything and are located only 5 miles off of Daytona beach!

We look forward to taking care of you again in the future as well as all of your friends, family & followers!

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Everything about this hotel is exceptional. From the friendly greeting of the front desk employees (Kevin - you made my day), to the outstanding cleanliness & comfort of my room! This hotel is the ONLY place to stay in the entire Daytona Beach area! EVERY employee I met seems to really enjoy their job & it shows in their friendliness towards their customers. Being a somewhat new hotel, everything is bright & shiny. It just seems that all involved with this hotel gives an extra effort to make your stay fantastic. You won't find a more comfortable room even in the higher priced hotels. Great value, great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank durangoliz
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review on the multiple Award Winning Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona! It is fantastic to see that my staff has won you over. I know that they are the reason why we have been #1 for Guest Satisfaction for all of Carlson-Rezidor Hotels!

We are only a short 5 mile drive to the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach - so you are right that we are the absolute best place to stay in town.

Thank you very much again for saying such nice things and we look forward to serving you, your family and your friends in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 5 in Daytona Beach Shores
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#13 of 98 in Daytona Beach
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!