“Exceeded my expectations”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

While traveling to Orlando, we decided to spend the night since our hotel in the Disney area was not reserved til the next morning. Our daughter was trying to locate something that was not going to cost us a arm and a leg. After a short while and just plain tired, we saw Country Inn and Suites. My husband decided to check and see if there were any rooms available, as I called out to remind him to check the room out first. As I remembered a trip YEARS AGO that did not have a clean appearance, needless to say he did not. My first impression of the hotel was good, The desk clerk was very personable. Lobby was very clean . Upon entering the room I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room as well as the bathroom being immaculate!!!!! I loved the decor of the room as well as the vanity in the bathroom.As a matter of fact, I will say that our room was as big as the the one at the Disney property we stayed at and the price was double, maybe triple of what we paid here. The breakfast was fine for us. We did enjoy dinner at Auntie Catfish. (I think that was the name). We were there on July 10th in 414 and our daughter and grandsons in the room next door, Rooms were sound proof. Will stay again and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

It is nice being compared with any Disney property. Thank you very much for considering the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona in the realm of quality.

I am glad that your stopover in Port Orange was as good as it was. Aunt Catfish is a great local restaurant that serves up some great home cooked dishes.

We hope that on your next trip back to the Sunshine State you make the Daytona/New Smyrna Beach area your destination and you make our hotel your home while here!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Okay, so I got online and looked for a room in Port Orange that was inexpensive, but comfortable. I saw this place and dismissed it.

I ran out of time and asked my wife to make me a hotel reservation, that I needed to a room ASAP. She found this place. It was about the cheapest place we could find.

I arrived to a nearly full parking lot, and figured it's a roach hotel. I checked in and noticed the lobby was clean. I came up to my room with little expectation of something more than a bed.

The room was really nice, super clean, comfortable, modern, and relatively sound proof. For being the cheapest place in town it's a great value... I normally complain about something, so keeping in that fashion, the free breakfast is typical hotel continental breakfast. For being such a nice place, the bar is now raised. It would be nice to see some healthy choices on the bar rather than blah eggs, fatty pastries, and sausage.

Completely worth the money to stay!!!

Stayed: July 2014
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Wow - thank you for your nice words regarding my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that we were able to raise the bar for hotels in the future that you plan on visiting in other areas!

I noticed that you wanted healthier items on our breakfast bar. Would you mind giving me some suggestions so that I am able to do some research into whether I can provide those items? They might go along well with the Hard Boiled Eggs & selection of Yogurt that we already supply.

I look forward to meeting you when your travels bring you back into the Daytona/New Smyrna Beach area!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here without prior planning on motorcycle trip. Boy, were we impressed!! Friendly staff, fair prices and clean comfortable room. Bed was comfortable and bathroom very clean. Add to that, a delicious hot breakfast and that makes for a great hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BetteWV
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I am glad that we were able to wow you enough during your stay here at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona that you took time out of your schedule to let others know about us!
I really appreciate this action.

I wanted to let you know that we won "Hotel of the Year - 2013" for the Country Inn & Suites Brand. This is truly due to the staff that I have been lucky enough to hire.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

One of the best hotels in the area, and quite deserving of its award as the top Country Inn and Suites in each of the last two years! Friendly staff and management and exceptionally clean - definitely the best place to stay in Port Orange.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank zalomar12

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It really means quite a bit to us when our guests recognize our efforts.

Thank you for acknowledging the multiple awards that my hotel staff has won! They deserve the recognition so much.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip back to our area!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have stayed at a number of Country Inn and Suites Hotels, but this was our first stay at this one. This facility has a somewhat different layout than the others that we have stayed at. One of the features that we particularly liked, is that this hotel has added outside tables, adjacent to the breakfast room. It was nice to be able to take our breakfast outside to the nice weather and away from the activity inside. It's also worth mentioning that the staff is exceptional. Good staff is typical of this hotel chain but at this particular facility, staff members go "above and beyond." Upon departure, the young lady at the desk saved us from untold traffic misery by advising us of a major traffic logjam on the I-4, the highway we were going to use for our return to Tampa. Thank you very much.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tech1Florida
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It means quite a bit to us when our valued guests take time out of their day to think of us. I wanted to let you know that due to the staff that I have here we have been # 1 in Guest Satisfaction for all of Carlson Rezidor Hotels for both 2012 & 2013 and are currently #1 YTD 2014 as well. In addition, we won Hotel of the Year - 2013 for the Country Inn & Suites Brand.

I appreciate your comments regarding my team as that is what we try to earn from everyone each and everyday.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Tom Clapsaddle/General Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have now been at this hotel 3 times as it nearby a condo that we are purchasing.
The staff is always pleasant and helpful. The rooms are very clean and spacious.
Breakfast is included which is a nice plus.
Only about 10 minutes to the beach so a good alternative to high prices in season.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellross
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Without exception, members of the staff were gracious and helpful. Big thanks to Nick, Adrienne, John, Kevin, Donna, Maria, and Shannon.

The room and bathroom were super clean, the bed was comfortable, and the small frig and microwave came in very handy. My king standard room was spacious and even though it was on the highway side, the good insulation muted the traffic noise sufficiently. I did, however, hear the pings of the elevator, and some inconsiderate guests slammed their room doors.

The little "Conveniences" store by the front desk had snacks and laundry essentials, so I did my laundry on the second floor laundry room. Breakfast was delicious with freshly cooked eggs, sides, pastries, and waffles. From now on when I travel, I will stay at a Country Inn and Suites whenever possible. It's such a treat to find a comfortable, clean, and hospitable place to stay when away from home.

• Stayed: May 2014
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#9 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
5 mi away
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!