“Excellent stay!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Worth, Florida
“Excellent stay!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We just arrived home from a brief stay at this hotel and have decided that if all the Country Inn & Suites are a great as this one, it's absolutely our hotel of choice when travelling in the future....and positively our hotel of choice in the Port Orange/Daytona Beach area !!! It's lovely inside and out !! The room is beautiful, comfortable, and spotlessly clean! All of the staff we encountered were exceptionally friendly and helpful!! The breakfast is one of the best with more choices than so many of the other chains' usually offer. We stayed in a king-bed room and found it perfect for our needs. No slamming doors as others enter or leave their rooms either!!! It's right off I-95 with everything in the area that you could possibly want or need as far as stores and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you very much Brenda for taking the time to write such a glowing review of my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona Beach. It is so nice to know that we have satisfied yet another guest!

I do hope that you take advantage of other Country Inn & Suites when you travel. If you have not yet joined please consider becoming a member of Club Carlson so that you can earn points on your hotel stays!

Tom Clapsaddle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Beachwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Super clean, outstanding service, reasonably priced, excellent breakfast, eggs, sauage, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, grits, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, assorted yogurts, muffins, etc., what else could you possibly want!!! Stayed there before and plan on staying again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our stop over hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure reading such nice words from our guests.

I hope that on your next trip you make us your Destination! There is plenty to do here in the Daytona Beach/New Smyrna Beach area and we would love to take of you!

Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We love the Country Inn And Suites brand of hotels and this one is no exception. Clean, nice rooms, great pool area. This one had a terrific breakfast, one of the best we've had. Two ladies helping to keep the area stocked and clean. It would get 5 stars except the 1 bedroom suite was the smallest we'd had. There was hardly room between the beds and the dresser with the tv. We felt a little crammed. Overall we would stay there again.

1 Thank Jackie S
Thank you for taking some of your time and thinking of the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona while writing this review.

I am sorry that you felt the suite was a little small as compared to other hotels. Might I suggest the next time that you visit our property you reserve a Studio Suite as they are larger.

I look forward to meeting you on your return trip to our area!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were looking for something inexpensive for just a night and stumbled upon this hotel. It is easily accessible from the interstate, there is a Target, Starbucks and plenty of places to eat. The staff was very friendly and the check in was quick.
The room was very nice and clean. The decor is trendy and makes the room look great- everything seems to be updated. We needed extra pillows and blankets- there was plenty neatly bagged together in the closet. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I would like to say I have the utmost respect for you based on your Trip Advisor name. I have two children that are 19 months apart and that is difficult enough!

Thank you for finding the time to write a review for my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure hearing that our guests are happy with the service and accommodations that we provide.

I hope to meet you when your travels bring you back to our area.

Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014

While traveling to Orlando, we decided to spend the night since our hotel in the Disney area was not reserved til the next morning. Our daughter was trying to locate something that was not going to cost us a arm and a leg. After a short while and just plain tired, we saw Country Inn and Suites. My husband decided to check and see if there were any rooms available, as I called out to remind him to check the room out first. As I remembered a trip YEARS AGO that did not have a clean appearance, needless to say he did not. My first impression of the hotel was good, The desk clerk was very personable. Lobby was very clean . Upon entering the room I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room as well as the bathroom being immaculate!!!!! I loved the decor of the room as well as the vanity in the bathroom.As a matter of fact, I will say that our room was as big as the the one at the Disney property we stayed at and the price was double, maybe triple of what we paid here. The breakfast was fine for us. We did enjoy dinner at Auntie Catfish. (I think that was the name). We were there on July 10th in 414 and our daughter and grandsons in the room next door, Rooms were sound proof. Will stay again and will recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
It is nice being compared with any Disney property. Thank you very much for considering the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona in the realm of quality.

I am glad that your stopover in Port Orange was as good as it was. Aunt Catfish is a great local restaurant that serves up some great home cooked dishes.

We hope that on your next trip back to the Sunshine State you make the Daytona/New Smyrna Beach area your destination and you make our hotel your home while here!

Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Okay, so I got online and looked for a room in Port Orange that was inexpensive, but comfortable. I saw this place and dismissed it.

I ran out of time and asked my wife to make me a hotel reservation, that I needed to a room ASAP. She found this place. It was about the cheapest place we could find.

I arrived to a nearly full parking lot, and figured it's a roach hotel. I checked in and noticed the lobby was clean. I came up to my room with little expectation of something more than a bed.

The room was really nice, super clean, comfortable, modern, and relatively sound proof. For being the cheapest place in town it's a great value... I normally complain about something, so keeping in that fashion, the free breakfast is typical hotel continental breakfast. For being such a nice place, the bar is now raised. It would be nice to see some healthy choices on the bar rather than blah eggs, fatty pastries, and sausage.

Completely worth the money to stay!!!

Stayed July 2014
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Wow - thank you for your nice words regarding my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that we were able to raise the bar for hotels in the future that you plan on visiting in other areas!

I noticed that you wanted healthier items on our breakfast bar. Would you mind giving me some suggestions so that I am able to do some research into whether I can provide those items? They might go along well with the Hard Boiled Eggs & selection of Yogurt that we already supply.

I look forward to meeting you when your travels bring you back into the Daytona/New Smyrna Beach area!

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here without prior planning on motorcycle trip. Boy, were we impressed!! Friendly staff, fair prices and clean comfortable room. Bed was comfortable and bathroom very clean. Add to that, a delicious hot breakfast and that makes for a great hotel!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BetteWV
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
I am glad that we were able to wow you enough during your stay here at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona that you took time out of your schedule to let others know about us!
I really appreciate this action.

I wanted to let you know that we won "Hotel of the Year - 2013" for the Country Inn & Suites Brand. This is truly due to the staff that I have been lucky enough to hire.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#7 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!