“service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Applebee's
Ranked #68 of 166 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

this visit---zero service---ten minute wait at table for waitress and then asked if I need a menu--got one and a beer and waited 15 minutes before making a beef and another waitress took the order for me and my wife and the waitress said she would find my waitress and give her my order---another 15 minute wait without any service and I beefed and left----I did not have to pay for the beer-----it was 11.50 am in the place and had about a dozen customers

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank demkowicz56482014

“Remodeling in progress..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I've had a hard time with this location. at one point, I had a steak served like it came off of a commercial years ago, and tasted excellent. Since then, service dropped, quality dropped, and I was getting worried.

Currently, they are remodeling, but they are open, and tonight was a wonderful visit. Not just for me, but for quite a few tables around me. I actually saw most of the crowd I used to see back then. If this is a sign of things to come, I see this place making it back to excellent status very soon.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Fair food, great service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We frequent Applebee's and it is normally very good but this time the food wasn't great. My steak didn't have much flavor and the cheese sticks weren't stretchy. Unlike the food, the service was fabulous and the staff were friendly.

“Anybody Home???!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have been to Applebees several times in the past year, mostly fine. But today we walked in for lunch and waited to be seated -- 5 minutes in all -- and nobody came to the front door stand! There was a guy fixing a TV near the bar who looked back once at us and didn't acknowledge it.
We walked out! This is the first itme in my life I waited to be seated and there was nobody around to seat you! You might see this every once in a while in a small bar, but a major restaurant chain? Quite a shocker!

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Foodie_M34576
Port Orange, Florida
“Better Than in the Past”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I used to dislike going to Applebee's in Port Orange -- calorie-heavy menu and dirty silverware. But the last two visits were decent. Recently I had one of the under 600 calorie meals and it was pretty good. This week I had a salad and half a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and it was good. I liked the balsamic dressing. My wife this week had the oriental salad, which seems smaller than the past, but still has well over a thousand calories. Service was satisfactory. I'd still like to see more diversity in the menu -- add some lighter dishes. All in all, not a bad place for lunch, but not exceptional.

• Visited March 2014