“poor response to customer concern”
Review of Monterey Grill

Monterey Grill
Ranked #4 of 176 Restaurants in Port Orange
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Monterey Grill is a casual neighborhood restaurant with a fresh All American favorites menu. Vote Best Restaurant in 2017 Reader Choice, Monterey grill is a local favorite for family and friends. The restaurant opens at 8:00 am daily and the breakfast menu is available until 3:00. Lunch and dinner menu starts at 11:00 until close. Monterey Grill also offers catering for business lunches, parties and large groups.
Reviewed 20 April 2011

This restaurant does not realize it is harder to get a new customer then to keep an old one. I have visited this restaurant many times, although it is quite a ride form my home. The food is good, but I will not be back. Before 4 pm you cannot get a potato or roll, after 4 you can. The meal is the same price, portions are the same but you get less for your money. I brought this up on my last visit and my question was ignored. No you can not get a potato before 4 pm (although I did call first and was told on Sunday they do have potatoes before 4) No rolls either, too bad you get less for your money.......too bad is true and too bad for them as they will not get my business or any referrals

1  Thank fatcheri

Reviewed 25 February 2011

We ate at the Monterey Grill during the Daytona 500. The place was packed although we were seated very quickly. Our waitress Molly left a lot to be desired. We had to wait for refills on drinks, wait for bread, wait for our food, etc. The food was good, one of the best restaurants in town. Wish we would've found it sooner. Definitely worth a shot!

Reviewed 11 January 2011

I live here, or nearby. I eat here twice a week. I have tried everything on the menu and can say that everything Is great. Not just good, but great. I am a retired chef and can attest to the quality and consistency of every dish. The management is professional and young which surprises me that they are so good. The owners are frequent visitors and are always improving the quality. It's no wonder this place always wins most ot the awards. This is the Class of the Field in Port Orange but don't tell as it is already packed at night. Dinner for two will average $40. And well worth it. Dress is classy, no jeans or cut-offs. A quality spot.

2  Thank Cheflars
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I went here based on the fact it was rated number 1 in Port Orange, well it was alright. The price was reasonable and the minestrone soup was outstanding. There were 5 in our group and everyone loved the salad. Only complaint with salad was that there were no normal dressings, such as ranch, it was a combination cheddar cheese ranch, etc.Upon arrival the place was empty but the host was acting as though they were swamped. Running around trying to get a table ready, it was quite disorganized in my opinion.Like I said we had a party of 5 and it was as if we came in with 10. Over all the food was good, even though I got the fried haddock and chips, which is quite bland to begin with, I left feeling hungry due to the small portion of fish and fries. The food was good but nothing in my opinion to rank it number 1. If you want an average meal at a decent price, go here. The service after being seated was good.

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Love the french toast and breakfast items along with the excellent salads! The service is great - the waiters are taking your order as soon as you sit down. The prices are affordable - especially for today's economy! Enjoy great food in an attractive setting too! I most definitely would recommend this restaurant to everyone!

1  Thank lwood1101