“Another great stay at a Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Another great stay at a Hampton”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First time at this Hampton and another great stay for a total of 6 nights. The room, bed and bathroom were clean (cleaned) every day of my stay. The entire hotel was very clean including the pool area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good for hotel breakfast and changed a little every day. I would stay here again.

2 Thank bigdoginindy
Geeta P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We are so glad that you had such a great stay at our hotel. Our goal is to make each guests stay a home away from home experience. Your comments and suggestions help us to make improvements where needed.
We hope to see you again when in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bronson, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great room. We had only wanted a standard king bed room, but those were all taken, so we selected the king bed suite. The room was very nice, comfortable bed, nice sofa, plenty of room to move around in. The continental breakfast was OK, the french toast sticks were luke warm even after they were just refilled, but everything else was OK. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Geeta P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your feed back. Our guests comments are very impotant to us because it helps us acheive our goal. To make each guests stay a home away from home experience. Gald that you had a great experience at our hotel.
Ocala, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I called two days before my arrival to inform staff that I was only staying one night instead of two. I found out at that time that someone on staff had held two additional rooms that I was unaware of to my debit card. I arrived on Sat, June 21, and informed Jeanine that my parents, which were staying at the same hotel were paying for our room because it was our wedding day and honeymoon. Jeanine asked for my parents room number and said she was taking care of it. I also was not informed at any time that there would be a $100 incidental room hold on my checking account. On Saturday afternoon right before the wedding, I happened to check my checking account and found out that Jeanine did not run my parents card for our room, but held my card for the $100 plus our room for two nights totalling $264.92. That was money we had saved for months for our honeymoon, and therefore had to borrow money in order to go on our honeymoon. I feel that someone should have informed me of the $100 hold at time of reservation so that I could have planned for that amount to be held during my stay. Also, Jeanine and Gina at the hotel were very short and rude with both myself, my wife, and my mother about the situation. I called the toll-free number online on Monday, June 23 and spoke with guest assistance and reported this whole situation. I was informed there was protocol to follow and to allow Gina an hour to find out information and she would give me a call with an update. I never received a phone call from anyone and today is June 25th. Fortunately, the issue was resolved on June 24th, but not before several calls were made experiencing poor attitudes and lies to both myself, my wife, and my mother. I had bragged to my wife about how relaxing and amazing the Hampton Inn is when we travel, and I feel that I was completely let down. I spoke with the general manager twice and never received a call to make sure everything was taken care of and was never offered any compensation or anything for having such an inconvenience on our wedding day and honeymoon. I would appreciate a call and a complimentary weekend at any Hilton Brand if I am to stay at another Hilton brand in the future, to compensate for the inconvenience and very poor customer service and display of negative attitudes. Thank you, Allen Price

2 Thank Allen P
Geeta P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your comments on-line. We have talked and have resolved the matter to your request.
Wishing you all the best of luck.
Canon City, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My brother died unexpectedly and all the staff were very supportive, kind, helpful, and understanding. Especially, Gina. The Hampton staff made a difficult time a little more bearable because of their kindness. All of you rock, and are really awesome people.

1 Thank Rachel S
Geeta P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Please accept our deepest sympathy on your loss. We are gald that we could be of any assistance to you and your family during this difficult time. Thank you for taking time to post your review on-line.
Hoping to see you again in happier times.
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Jeannine and Will were heavensent blessings to our family during the preparations for a wedding. Rooms were clean, quiet, and well-maintained. BREAKFAST WAS GREAT! Local and national newspapers were provided. Super place to stay in Port Richey.

1 Thank TNHillBillies
Thank you for taking time to post your experience on Trip Advisory. We are glad that you had our great home away from home experience. Your comments help us to make each guests stay as convenient as possible.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This Hampton sets as far away from US 19 as the property will permit. The rear are Homes and trees. We had a very enjoyable stay. This is a large hotel for the area and there were very few guest. But it is clean well maintained and what you would want it to be. If back in the area we will visit again.

Room Tip: Rear of the Hotel away from the highway
1 Thank Richard J
Geeta P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Trip Advisory. We are gald that you had such an enjoyable stay while visiting the area. Our goal is to make each guests stay as comfortable as possible.
We look forward to see you again.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A clean bed, clean bathroom, and fresh smelling room in combination is a rare find in a hotel room. This one has it all. The entire hotel was very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool was clean and refreshing. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good in terms of hotel breakfast. Will stay here again!

2 Thank 886wendyf
Geeta P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisory. We are gald that you enjoyed your stay at our facility. Our goal is to make each guests stay a home away from home experience.
We hope to see you when in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Richey
Howard Johnson Port Richey
#4 of 7 in Port Richey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey? Share your experiences!