“Average Snorkeling , Great Staff ”

Seahorse Water Safaris
Ranked #3 of 22 Tours in Port Saint Joe
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

After reading reviews that included sea turtles, dolphins and other sea animals I was excited. Our family of four included two girls (13 and 10).

I am giving this excursion a 4 because the kids enjoyed it.
So first the positive aspects : easy to book the trip, easy to check in and a nice boat ride ( about 15-20 min). Staff was professional and nice. The boat was clean and safe and the ride is not choppy.
At the end of the snorkel the presentation of the live creatures was neat and the kids loved the hands -on experience . The first mate was knowledgeable and patient.

The negatives
The snorkeling itself is in 3-4 feet of water. Looking mostly at grass and sand. We did find some crabs, starfish, snails and urchin. ( likely the same ones found everyday by this tour group)
We did not see many fish and no colorful fish. The area seemed very picked over. I was expecting to see sea horses , colorful fish or similar. Again. My kids loved it as their first snorkeling trip. I believe it is a good introduction trip for those who are young or those who are not strong swimmers ( easy to stand up)
Finally. You can hear cars ( and see them) from where you snorkel. I would have wanted something more secluded.

Summary. The captain, first mate and the company itself is a 5 but the location could be better for the price $$.
If you have little ones and you want a safe , fun , no risk snorkeling trip then I encourage it.

Date of experience: May 2017
in 18 reviews
"bay"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We had a party of ten scheduled for an excursion; unfortunately trip was cancelled due to weather but staff were very accommodating and helpful with other suggestions to spend our rainy day on. Refunded our cards immediately. We appreciated their honesty and safety. Would try again on next visit.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Honeymoon09Kentucky
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Along with my three brothers, I had a great fishing trip. Captain Ken did a marvelous job of putting us on fish. At one point, he stopped at a floating patch of seaweed and, with bait fish hanging out in the shade, we had great activity. It was there that I hooked into the "one that got away." The fish keeps getting bigger each time I tell the story, but it did give us a quick peek before breaking the HOOK.

I highly recommend an outing with Ken - don't forget your sunscreen.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

What a great time we had today. This has been one of the highlights of our trip. The captain and mate were wonderfully knowledgeable and fun. We had mostly other families with us and everyone had a great time exploring the beautiful grasses of St Joe bay. The thing I found so nice was how relaxing this was. You really just relax and watch the underwater beauty. I could go on and on. If you and your family enjoy the outdoors, definitely take advantage of this adventure.