“nice experience”
Review of Dixie Belle Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Saint Joe
Dixie Belle Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The only issue I had was the rooms are very tiny BUT in reality how much time do you actually spend in the room...so I'd have to say it was great an very clean...really enjoyed thanks for the experience

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Missy S
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you and I'm glad you mentioned the size of our rooms, because that could be a factor for other guests and they need to know if our rooms will work for them.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

If you are planning to make a trip to Florida. Consider this motel. Great staff, Super friendly, calm friendly environment. I had high expectations for this trip. I have been blown away. this has turned into one of the greatest vacations I have ever been on. minutes from two of the best beaches I have ever been on and I am from West Michigan and I know beaches. If you have not been to this side of Florida you may be missing out on a great trip. For sure I am coming back!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Thomas B
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Wow, It's always good to hear of exceeded expectations, however I'm realistic enough to understand that the Dixie Belle had only a small part to play. The Forgotten Coast is awesome to people who have never experienced the old real Florida.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Older place, small rooms, very clean and works perfect for us. We stay here when we visit our son that lives in the area, so we send little time in the room. The staff/owners are very friendlly. Have stayed many times and never an issue.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MikeAndWendyJ

You describe the Dixie Belle very accurately. I like people who understand when they book a room here that we have limitations compared to newer, chain motels. We're a mom & pop, doing our best to give our guests a clean, comfortable place to stay.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was in the area recently doing timber appraisal work and stayed for several nights at motel. Since I own my own company, I am always looking for a simple, clean, and quiet place to stay. The local owner was very nice and helpful. I really appreciated that my room AC was running and room cooled when I checked in. Room and bathroom were very clean. Older motel, built very well. Outside noise was never an issue. Complimentary WiFi and phone usage was a plus since I had horrible cell phone service in the area. Great location and area. It was a shame I was working long days, never was able to enjoy being so close to the beach. I highly recommend the Dixie Belle for anyone looking for a very nice, quiet, clean, and reasonably priced place to stay in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I'm so pleased that we were able to give you the amenities you needed. We cater to fishermen but often have business people and working men and hope we provide what you need at good prices. Thanks.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I needed a reasonable place to stay in town for real estate shopping. I scoped out all in-town accommodations & rates. DB was exactly what I was looking for. Even when I can afford ‘pricier’, I always prefer a clean little place where I can park my car at my door, no frills, private, local-owned (not corporate). Our room was quiet, VERY CLEAN, had everything we needed. Comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, a good TV, clean bathroom, new A/C unit and even a little place to sit & smoke right outside our door. Sept 2013. S. Kay
When I come back I can save the time & energy looking at options … I’m heading straight to Dixie Belle!
*Support local businesses!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank S K
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

It's people like you who make us realize that our efforts here are appreciated. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We went down for an 'ole Florida trip, ate and stayed at several mom and pop places, those places that we are losing coming and going. We stayed here on a Saturday night, enjoyed sitting outside and chatting with other travelers. Place was clean, colorful, beds were comfy. No frills or fluffs. It was also quiet considering it is on the main highway 98. We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hosteinlynn
FLMmcd, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

One of the benefits of staying at a Mom & Pop is the camaraderie between guests. They tend to be like minded people and the atmosphere is generally conducive to socializing. Our deck and charcoal grill is a popular gathering spot.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We went to Port St. Joe for a quick weekend, just as a getaway and attend the Scallop and Music Fest. We wanted a clean place to sleep and shower, we didn't need a pool, fitness room, and conference rooms. The Dixie Belle fit the bill. We stayed in room 10, which is a king bed room. The bed was more comfy than I was anticipating, which was a very pleasant surprise. We had neighbors that we never heard while inside our room, the walls were nice and quiet. Housekeeping kept us supplied in clean linens; the shower had a near endless supply of hot water (with good water pressure, yay!) The lady at the desk was a bit brusque, but not offensively so. She was able to tell us about the area restaurants and what to anticipate with the Festival. All in all we will definitely come back when we need another simple weekend trip!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AnnESP2003
FLMmcd, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

It always pleases me when people have a good experience at the Dixie Belle. As for my
brusqueness, I apologize. At age 70 taking the Jersey out of this Jersey girl is difficult.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Joe
#3 of 5 in Apalachicola
Rancho Inn
Rancho Inn
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Dixie Belle Motel? Share your experiences!