“Funky”
Review of Dixie Belle Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Saint Joe
Dixie Belle Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Based on what I read, I did not expect the room to smell like it did. I didn't expect much for the price. The room was small, dark and noisy. The bathroom and sheets were clean. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room, but room #1 seemed like it might be even darker than the othe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AshlandMOPat
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

On a couple of your issues I must admit that you are totally correct in your criticism. I went down to room #1 to check for myself and yes, it smelled funky to me. Sometimes our fishermen drag their fish coolers into the room and they leak. Anyway, we're in the middle of our spring deep cleans, so #1 is next on the list for stripping, cleaning and carpet shampooing. It's also true that it is our darkest room because it has a window on one wall only. Would a floor lamp in the corner help? I'll try that. I appreciate that you acknowledged the cleanliness. Thank you for that.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We normally rent a house in Cape San Blas, but was in Port St Joe to check the area out.
We stayed 2 nights at the Dixie Belle. I had booked there after seeing the reviews and they did allow our bigger dogs. Which I thought was nice of them.
The room we where in was not clean, would never think of taking our shoes off, as the rug was filthy.. Maybe it was because we where in the pet room? Was actually concerned for our dogs and glad we had brought their blanket with us to put on the floor for them.Because people have pets does not mean we should be put in inferior rooms.
Internet did not work until late in the evening on our last night there! The woman at the desk knew the internet was not working and was not the least bit concerned about it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bluenose_traveller
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

I'm disappointed as well. My housekeeper Karen and I pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms. The carpets are vacuumed each day of your stay and vacuumed, sprayed with disinfectant + damp mopped after each departure. We give special attention to the pet rooms. They are steam cleaned on a regular basis and as necessary in the meantime.
We do not charge for internet access and when Mediacom has an outage, there's nothing we can do on our own to provide it to you. I regret the inconvenience.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The only issue I had was the rooms are very tiny BUT in reality how much time do you actually spend in the room...so I'd have to say it was great an very clean...really enjoyed thanks for the experience

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Missy S
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you and I'm glad you mentioned the size of our rooms, because that could be a factor for other guests and they need to know if our rooms will work for them.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

If you are planning to make a trip to Florida. Consider this motel. Great staff, Super friendly, calm friendly environment. I had high expectations for this trip. I have been blown away. this has turned into one of the greatest vacations I have ever been on. minutes from two of the best beaches I have ever been on and I am from West Michigan and I know beaches. If you have not been to this side of Florida you may be missing out on a great trip. For sure I am coming back!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Thomas B

Wow, It's always good to hear of exceeded expectations, however I'm realistic enough to understand that the Dixie Belle had only a small part to play. The Forgotten Coast is awesome to people who have never experienced the old real Florida.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Older place, small rooms, very clean and works perfect for us. We stay here when we visit our son that lives in the area, so we send little time in the room. The staff/owners are very friendlly. Have stayed many times and never an issue.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MikeAndWendyJ

You describe the Dixie Belle very accurately. I like people who understand when they book a room here that we have limitations compared to newer, chain motels. We're a mom & pop, doing our best to give our guests a clean, comfortable place to stay.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was in the area recently doing timber appraisal work and stayed for several nights at motel. Since I own my own company, I am always looking for a simple, clean, and quiet place to stay. The local owner was very nice and helpful. I really appreciated that my room AC was running and room cooled when I checked in. Room and bathroom were very clean. Older motel, built very well. Outside noise was never an issue. Complimentary WiFi and phone usage was a plus since I had horrible cell phone service in the area. Great location and area. It was a shame I was working long days, never was able to enjoy being so close to the beach. I highly recommend the Dixie Belle for anyone looking for a very nice, quiet, clean, and reasonably priced place to stay in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I'm so pleased that we were able to give you the amenities you needed. We cater to fishermen but often have business people and working men and hope we provide what you need at good prices. Thanks.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I needed a reasonable place to stay in town for real estate shopping. I scoped out all in-town accommodations & rates. DB was exactly what I was looking for. Even when I can afford ‘pricier’, I always prefer a clean little place where I can park my car at my door, no frills, private, local-owned (not corporate). Our room was quiet, VERY CLEAN, had everything we needed. Comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, a good TV, clean bathroom, new A/C unit and even a little place to sit & smoke right outside our door. Sept 2013. S. Kay
When I come back I can save the time & energy looking at options … I’m heading straight to Dixie Belle!
*Support local businesses!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank S K
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

It's people like you who make us realize that our efforts here are appreciated. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Joe
#3 of 5 in Apalachicola
Cape San Blas Inn
Cape San Blas Inn
#1 of 5 in Port Saint Joe

Been to Dixie Belle Motel? Share your experiences!