This Inn is very well located in Port St. Joe, on the corner of Hwy 71 and Hwy 98. It is right across the street from a little park and pier. We stayed at the Inn 3 nights and were able to walk across the street to the park so that our toddler could play on the slides, swing & run around in the grass. The staff was knowledgeable and helped us find a couple nice places to eat and a secluded beach to enjoy. The breakfast each morning was great, especially being able to eat on the front porch. It consisted of muffins, toast, cereal, oatmeal, cheese grits, biscuits & gravy, eggs, fruit, fressh (made-to-order)omeletts and waffles. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool, but were told that you could swim at any time, as long as you weren't noisy. I liked the fact that it didn't close at 10pm like most hotel pools. I also liked that they had a computer in the lobby with free internet access. My husband enjoyed an evening at the Thirsty Goat lounge, which he enjoyed. They made great drinks for us.
We had a King/Queen suite on the first floor. The queen was a pull out couch in a separate sitting room. We had our own back door out to the parking lot, which was really nice. They provided a pack 'n play for our toddler with sheet. I also liked the fact that the furniture did not have any sharp edges, so child proofing was not necessary. We also had a fridge and microwave, which is a must with a toddler.
The cons to our stay were that the rooms were a little small for the price. The king suite A/C did not work. It was on the entire time we were there, but was not blowing out cold air. The A/C worked great in the sitting room. The robes provided were scratchy and uncomfortable. The pillows were too hard for our liking. And, we found a couple of nasty, long black and brown hairs embedded in our towels.
Other than that, our stay was good and we would definitely recommend it to a friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Port Inn is a recently-restored 22-room hotel located in the small coastal town of Port St. Joe on Florida's quiet Gulf Coast, less than twenty minutes from Apalachicola and Mexico Beach. The Inn sits just across the street from St. Joseph Bay and Frank Pate Park with public boat launching facilities, and just three blocks from a new, state-of-the-art marina offering fishing charters and waterfront dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Port Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Hotel Port Saint Joe
- Port St Joe
- Port Inn Port Saint Joe, Florida