“At a quiet beach”
Review of Cape San Blas Inn

Cape San Blas Inn
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I traveled to Cape San Blas to experience the Gulf beach and check out the area for future family visits. We enjoyed the room and the breakfasts were wonderful. The walk across the street to the beach wasn't bad and the Inn provided us with chairs to take. The beach was big, wide and not crowded. We stay in B and B's a lot and were a bit disappointed we didn't get to eat with the other guests - the Inn was evidently full and the breakfast table wasn't big enough. We also were disappointed with the restaurant choices for other meals. When the hamburger ordered at the "Everything" beach store is the best food around, that is sad. We traveled into Saint Joe and into Apalachicola but didn't find much better. NO good seafood at the beach!??

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah K

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Inn was very nice and the breakfasts were fantastic. The walk to the gorgeous beach was easy. Loved drinking coffee on the dock first thing in the morning and watching the wildlife. Perfect place for a quiet get away. Hope to go back soon. Wendy was most attentive!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

One of the best three night stays my wife and I have ever had. Innkeepers Wendy and Tammy are definitely the best. Served us a wonderful breakfast each morning with great coffee and juice. We enjoyed our fellowship with other guests thoughout our stay. Wendy and Tammy always made us feel so welcome as this was our first visit to that area. I especially enjoyed the outside hot tub in the late afternoon. So close to some great dining places and a great place to relax.

Room Tip: Conch Room was one of two available rooms when I made the reservation. Was perfect for us. Easy ac...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walden72
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My best friend and I traveled to the "Forgotten Coast" for our annual trip. Wendy, the Innkeeper, at Cape San Blas Inn was wonderful! We arrived and immediately she made us feel so welcome and right at home ! Her breakfasts were outstanding and she was so helpful and attentive ! The inn itself is so nice and clean and beautifully decorated. We used one of the canoes and paddled out into the bay and enjoyed it very much ! My friend and I enjoyed the bikes too ! They also provide beach chairs, beach umbrellas and beach towels . Be sure and go to the St. Joseph Peninsula State Park and get a wilderness pass and hike over the "huge" sand dunes to the most beautiful beach I'd ever seen !!!! We will plan to go back again !!

Room Tip: The "Oyster Shell Room" was very quiet and pretty and had plenty of room. It also has a p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glenda W
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Took my mom for three nights. Had an amazing time! Wendy and Tammy (innkeepers) are always wonderful and so helpful with everything you could ever want! I have stayed in several rooms over the years and they are all amazing!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My girlfriend an I found this place on a groupon and decided to try it for a summer vacation. When we arrived the inn keeper greeted us and because we where early told us some places we could go to kill some time. She showed us around in inn and how to get to the beach and some local good restaurants. When we got back the room was very clean and just what the pictures showed online. The inn had bikes to ride around, Canoes to take out on the bay And a hot tub overlooking the bay. We used all and had a great time! The breakfast was by far the best breakfasts that I have ever had! I would stay again and hope we can. Cannot recommend it enough for a beautiful, relaxing and fun vacation trip!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Cmbaye01
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was our first adventure staying at a B&B and I can not stop telling my friends about this quaint B&B tucked away between the Gulf of Mexico and St. Joseph Bay where the hospitality and accommodations are a 5 Star. Britt, Wendy, and Tammy are the team working together that make that happen. From the well done tasteful decor, gourmet breakfast, comfortable rooms, the large selection of DVDs avaliable if you are inclined to watch a movie in your room, bikes, hot tub, kayaks, the relaxing view while sitting on the back deck watching the sun come up, and the comfortable sitting area for reading or visiting with other guests, made my stay a perfect retreat for relaxation, reflection, and renewal. Just steps across the road is a mom an pop convience store stocked with just about anything you may have not packed. Check out their pizza..very tastey and priced just right. Can't forget to let you know about the homemade donuts Wendy's Dad makes just outside the convience store..Be there at 7:30am., and you must try the fried and glazed croissant. By the end of our stay we had exchanged emails, etc., with new friends. Already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Apalachicola
Coombs House Inn
Coombs House Inn
#1 of 3 in Apalachicola

Been to Cape San Blas Inn? Share your experiences!