“Very Nice”
Review of Mainstay Suites

Mainstay Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Very nice clean hotel.We had reserved a suite with two bedrooms online but due to a glitch with the site it was already rented so they gave us two seperate rooms at no extra charge,appoligized for the problem, they could not have been nicer.Looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Great service at the front desk. I was pleased with the overall condition and cleanliness if the hotel. I was in town for business this time so beach front/view wasn't important to me. The rooms have a small kitchen for extended stays. Beds were comfortable and shower felt great at the end of the day. When I return for business I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank 4forme2
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I really wish we could have stayed longer at this location. The room was great. The kitchen area is a plus. Everything we needed was there. We both have hospitality experience so we tend to be a little critical, but this was very clean and well maintained. I can't comment on the breakfast, because we slept right through it! The staff was helpful answering all of our questions.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Every time I travel to the Port St. Joe area I stay here. Never disappointed with anything at this Hotel. The rooms are always fresh and clean and the kitchen area is a plus. The breakfast is just enough and the staff is always gracious.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Its a clean, modern interior corridor motel as you would expect from Mainstay Suites but it has issues. The TV is an old tube type television with 12 channel, basic cable. That sucks. Then the internet starts dropping in and out with DNS issues. If you know the workaround, you get internet, if not, you don't. Its a pretty average mid level chain motel. However, I gave the lower rating for this reason. Our door lock failed when we got back from dinner. No lights at all, no red light, no green light. I suspect the batteries in the lock are dead. So the desk clerk got a regular key and opened the door. Then she gave me the key, remarking that it was the only one on the property. I can go to town and have a copy made that will allow me to enter this room anytime i want. That is not acceptable unless they are going to re-key the door lock, and that's unlikely. But, this is the only chain motel, meaning fairly predictable quality assurance controls, in Port St. Joe.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Family, including us, stayed at the Mainstay in Port St.Joe for a gathering to celebrate my father-in-law's 80th Birthday. The hotel was comfy and cozy and the staff outstanding. The desk woman even went out of her way to find us a dog sitter so we could have a nice lunch in a nice restaurant! They really seemed to care that we have the best time possible. Everyone, including the maid was friendly and welcoming. The room was perfectly clean and our suite had a kitchen, living room set up that allowed us to enetertain, as well. We loved being here.

Room Tip: We had a nice room w/kitchen, living room and 2 TVS..reasonably priced.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Earlier this month my husband and I took a quick trip to Port St. Joe for 2 nights and stayed at Mainstay Suites. It was a perfect mini vacation!! Having both been in the hotel industry, we tend to immediately go into “inspection mode” upon arrival to our destination. We can be harsh critics at times but expect a certain standard when it comes to our accommodations. This hotel passed with flying colors.

The entire staff was genuinely friendly, very professional, and strived to make sure we were well taken care of. From restaurant recommendations to computer issues, our questions were promptly answered and we were welcomed with a smile and made to feel at home.
The hotel itself was very clean and there was always a presence of busy employees ensuring that everything was as it should be. Our room was nicely decorated, very spacious, and had all the amenities we could possibly need.

We enjoyed the continental breakfast each morning with plenty of choices, including healthy ones. I really liked that yogurt and fresh fruit were offered for those of us who don’t want pastries and muffins. While there we also enjoyed a manager’s reception which offered up fruit and cheese trays along with wine and beer.

Our stay was flawless and we hope to return soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola
Apalachicola River Inn
Apalachicola River Inn
#2 of 3 in Apalachicola

Been to Mainstay Suites? Share your experiences!