Mainstay Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Mainstay Suites in Pt St Joe exceeded my expectations as far as a long term hotel stay would be. My husband and I stayed a month while our home was being built, and felt "at home" while there. The room was clean, comfortable and well equipt for a longer term stay. What made this hotel stand out, tho was it's staff. Housekeeping was great to do whatever you asked. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. One employee in particular, RYAN, who manned the front desk was one of the most pleasant you men I have encountered in a while. I came in after a day of shopping and was struggling with my bags. He came to the door, helped me with my bags all the way to my door on the second floor. You just 'get those courtesies much any longer! As I thanked him, he told me, "Chivalry is not dead, just sometimes forgotten." This stuck with me...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stay at this hotel every year over Spring Break with our 3 kids. And there's a reason we keep coming back. It's clean, the rooms are large and have everything we need, super friendly staff, and the location is perfect. Removed from the craziness of Panama City but in a sleepy little coastal town with one of our favorite spots on the Gulf Coast (Cape San Blas) a short, scenic drive down the road. Love this little town and this is the ONLY hotel we'll stay at. I wish all MainStay Suites were this nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel was great, the pool is wonderful and it is close to the State park. We were there for 3 days and did not have any problems. The breakfast was good and you could also fix breakfast in your room. I so enjoyed being able to cook in the room. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the area.
The State park offers beaches and a snorkeling area which we took full advantage of finding shells, hermit crabs ect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Rooms and service was good. Breakfast was not the best.....waffles and fruit everyday! I don't eat waffles so no bf for me! No muffins or meats.....they need to have a better bk for there guest. They did have a picnic area which grills! That was very nice

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 883cindyc
Reviewed 28 July 2014

So we loved our cute little room and made breakfast and dinner several times. The bathroom was just the right size with lots of counter space. I would say the negatives were children running up and down the hallways until past 11:00pm. Our a/c unit wet the carpet on that side of the bed so every time I got in or out of the bed at night, my feet were soaked. Someone had used the little kitchenette prior to us and the room stank of fried fish. We bought candles to mask the odor. Pool was great with towels provided - how nice! And the best part, the front desk dude, Ryan, who greeted us each and every time we came and went. Hi Ryan!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 212 until they service that a/c unit!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crominator
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was also very reasonable. Our room was very clean and we had everything we needed from a stove, fridge, cups, plates, etc. We ate a free breakfast each morning at the hotel and then enjoyed our day exploring the area and beaches. This is a great get away if you are looking for some R and R and not wanting crowded beaches and traffic. We felt safe at this hotel and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 333travelgal
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I are traveling with children and since this was our first visit to the "forgotten coast" we were unsure if booking a rental property for a week was the best idea. Most rentals lock you in the full week and/or will not let you rent per night. Enter Main Stay Suites. This ended up being the perfect option for us and allowed us to see the beaches of Cape San Blas and the area of Port St Joe in a much more reasonable amount of time before everyone got bored. The room accommodated the 5 of us well and having amenities such as a fridge, small dishwasher, sink, small cook top and microwave was a plus! The cabinet was stocked with stainless pans and the drawers with necessary cooking utensils, towels, dish cloths and soap. The hotel encourages you to reuse/recycle towels more than once and will only come clean your room every 4th day unless you request it more frequent. We were fine with these aspects. Breakfast was very basic compared to the other chains we have stayed and the pool is small (watch out for yellow flies!) but other than that this is a great property. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in Apalachicola
Rancho Inn
Rancho Inn
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Mainstay Suites? Share your experiences!