“Great service, great food”

Sunset Coastal Grill
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Had the crab-cakes and the cheesy-grit cake. It was very good and the service was top notch! Definitely would come back again. The value is good too.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our party of four enjoyed a wonderful meal. The best blackened mahi mahi I've ever eaten. Served with salad, baked potato and delicious snow peas. Others had seared tuna, ribeye, and blackened grilled shrimp. The shrimp the best per my sister! Atmosphere good with nice view of tree lined coast of Port St. Joe. Would definitely recommend and will dine here again if back in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We found this restaurant three years ago, while staying in Mexico Beach for vacation and we've went there every Mother's Day since. The food is outstanding!!! The view of the Gulf of Mexico is beautiful!!! And the staff are very friendly. I can't wait to go back there this Mother's Day!!! I'd recommend making reservations, because they get very busy!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were staying on Cape San Blas, and wanted to visit a local restaurant where our daughter-in-law, who has celiac's disease, could eat. Our waitress at Sunset Coastal Grill spent time explaining exactly what the kitchen would do to accommodate her needs. The fish was fresh and delicious! We enjoyed our family dinner together, and the prices were reasonable. This is a great restaurant to visit, when traveling or staying in this area.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I don't know how many times I went by the Sunset Coastal Grill going between Wewahitachka and Indian Pass without knowing it was there. I guess I was so taken by the majestic oaks and tall palms that I didn't notice the restaurant. Once I found out it was there, my definition of 'atmosphere' was forever changed.
It started when I go out of the car under the canope of oaks and palms and walked by the small tidal creek at the edge of the parking lot. Watching the fiddler crabs scamper among the marsh reeds took me back to a time and place I didn't think existed anymore.
Once inside, we were seated next to a row of windows overlooking the bay. Looking out the window, I imagined the sun setting behind the pier and sinking over the bay and tried to compare it to other tranquil settings, but there was no comparison. I knew I would come back even if the hamburger I ordered came charred beyond recognition on a bun stale and hard as a clam shell. That was not the case, however.
The chopped sirloin was cooked and seasoned to perfection on a soft bun. I sampled the fried fish and was equally impressed. The server was friendly and perfectly matched to the serenity that permeated the atmosphere. The prices were in line with other restaurants in the area, as were the menu choices.
It may take me a little longer when I go to Indian Pass now. It seems I've found a little detour.

1  Thank Gary W