“Second visit and just as good as the first”

Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed here about 18 months ago by chance. We had a studio this time rather than a one bedroom which still gave us lots of room. Our room did face the highway but even with the windows open we could barely hear the traffic. Staff were all so friendly! Breakfast was good and the evening meal they provided was good too. Overall a fantastic value for the price. It is close to shops, restaurants and golf courses. We will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Another hotel overlooking I95 highway. When booking in we asked for a room facing away from the highway and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Suggested that we first checked the room and come back down if we wanted to change it. It was clean, tidy, modern and well equipped.
There was no traffic noise and the room has a free high speed Ethernet connection. Breakfacst was good, only sight minor point was that none of the rooms have a safe for your valuables. But they do have free safe deposit boxes at reception. Would stay again 8/10.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing away from I95.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed here for four nights attending a wedding in the local area, the hotel is typical chain hotel the hotel appears quite new and modern, the rooms are large and all rooms are suites with a bedroom and living area with a kitchen area.

We had more than 10 rooms booked out and the hotel were aware of our reason for staying at the property the staff were very helpful with directions and other arrangements, one afternoon we ordered in Chinese and they let 20 of us use the breakfast area to eat this.

The breakfast was good and always had something you could eat.

Overall if I was staying in the area I would be happy to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My fiance stayed here for 4 months while on business and I visited for 10 days. While there I spent a lot of my time at this hotel. Great location near shopping...I could walk everywhere and take in the cities restaurants, bars & shopping. The rooms here are very clean & comfortable! All the amenities you could ask for including kitchen supplies & appliances! The complimentary breakfast is very good, they also serve lunch week days. Complimentary wine & beer in the evening with outdoor pool & fire pit including lots of outdoor seating which made for a nice opportunity to meet new people & talk to the friendly Residence Inn staff. There is a golf school down the road so a lot of quests are golf students. My only complaint was that the pool is very cold since it is shade almost the entire day! Bottom line: the Employees here were friendly, rooms clean & comfortable... I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2012

As a Marriott rewards member, I have stayed at a few Residence Inns in various locations. Some do not live up to the brand's reputation, but this one does. A funeral brought us to the area. The service was actually in Ft. Pierce and about a 12 minute drive away, but based on a Google search, it was pretty clear that the type of lodging we desired would not be in Ft. Pierce. (Neither Port Saint Lucie nor Ft. Pierce are what you would call tourist attractions, though. I imagine that most people who come to this area come for business or are stopping through from Miami or one of the larger cities). We settled on Residence Inn in Port Saint Lucie. I'm glad we did. We leased two one-bedroom suites that feature the classic Residence Inn separate living area with pullout sofa and of course, the full kitchen with stove, dishwasher and refrigerator. The one-bedroom suite features flat screen TVs in both the living area and the bedroom, which has a door for privacy. (Unlike many Residence Inns, this one does not offer the two-bedroom suites. You can book either the one-bedroom or studio). With my military discount, my suite was just $77 a night -- a super rate! A complimentary hot breakfast -- as with all Residence Inns -- is served daily. Our beds were comfortable, allowing a good night's rest. The furniture and decor are modern and pleasing to the eye. I especially liked the wine colored chaise sofa in the living room. The staff also is friendly and helpful. Although the property is conveniently located off I-95, I cannot recall any noise. And if you are looking for a change of pace, the property is located about a 40 minute drive from Hutchinson Island, where you can enjoy the ocean and its beach shops and eateries. I can't imagine a reason to come back to this area, but if I did, I would stay here again. Our two nights were pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I would highly recommend a stay at the Residence Inn Port St. Lucie. The entire staff and management treated me as a valued guest from the moment I walked in to the time I left. They are extremely accommodating and pleasant in every way. They understand that your room is your home away from home and they do everything possible to make you feel right at home. I stayed at the Inn with my pet cats (four legged guests) and the first thing that happened was my cats found a spot between the stove & cupboard to try and squeeze behind to hide. The gentleman from maintenance promptly came to my room, measured the space and returned with a piece of wood that fit the spot and nailed it into place ! My room was now cat proof ! In addition, the staff always went above and beyond. One day when I forgot my much needed cellphone for work, the manager went to my room, retrieved my phone & had it delivered to me. The evening meals were very good and our hostesses were so nice. Add a beautiful warm pool, a super comfortable bed, free secure WIFI, very clean accommodations, and you've got a great safe location to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you would like an oven.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this property for 11 months due to my business relocating me. All of the employees and management treated me as a valued guest and the property is well maintained and the rooms are beautiful. Being away from home that long is difficult but Tracy who is the hostess for dinner service at the hotel makes it a point to get to know the guests and creates the experience of dinner at home with the family. She is so personable and the reason I decided to stay as long as I did instead of moving into an apartment. I watched the way that she interacted with other guests too and she is just an amazing person and the hotel is lucky to have her. If you are looking for a place in this area to stay I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business