“Our first high-rise Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed 18 December 2012

The hotel was very modern and extremely clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms smaller than some RI we've visited but well laid out and comfortable. We'll ask for a room away from the freeway next time. Wasn't a problem but we could hear the traffic. Included breakfast was very good but they need a second waffle iron.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Yes it this is probably the best Residence Inn I have stayed in and a very good hotel amongst all the others I have stayed in. The rooms are large, well appointed and in excellent condition. My room faced I95 but was very quiet. The breakfast in the morning was standard Residence Inn fare and the staff was excellent. The hotel is within walking distance a Carrabbas and there are many other places to eat and shop within a five to ten minute drive.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Stayed here in November as part of visiting relatives and couldnt have asked for more.

Hotel was very easy to get to with access to lots of food eateries in very close proximity.

On arrival, the hotel looked modern and clean, just off the highway though no noise could be heard. The reception was kept clean at all times and the fireplace just as you walk in is very inviting, although coming from the UK i thought this was a little bizarre as it was in the 80's temperature wise!

The staff were very polite and courteous and always helpful and could answer the vast majority of my questions. Even working on thanksgiving the reception guys were very attentive.

Breakfast was included in the price and was good value. However, i was hoping for some famous crispy bacon but it never came, still, beggars cant be choosers and everything else was great. They also have a free buffet night monday to thursday which includes a drink too. Brilliant.

Rooms - we had a one bed suite, with seperate kitchen and living room. My 5 year old stayed in the living room on the sofa bed and we still had plenty of space. I was hoping the bathroom was a little bigger, this is perhaps the only downside to the hotel. There was some nice touches, packets of popcorn, good quality coffee and even a little rubber duck which was placed in my sons pack and play waiting for him.

The pool - was even too cold by my standards! Appreciate that it was out of season and classed as your winter, but the pool was freezing! Such a shame too, i would have used it everyday as my kids love swimming.

House Keeping - maybe a little breakdown in communication but it was not as good as i would have hoped. My room wasnt cleaned daily and we had to chase for sheets for the rollaway. I still cant fault them, they responded swiftly to my requests.

Im not sure when i will be vising PSL again, but if i ever do and need somewhere to stay, this would be my first choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I had a golf tournament at the PGA Village just across I95. We looked at rentals at the golf course but there was not much to offer (except golf) on that side of the highway. The Inn is beside a Carrabbas Restaurant which is one of our favorite chains. Nice rooms, good service, great location in a quiet part of Florida, what else do you need?

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed here about 18 months ago by chance. We had a studio this time rather than a one bedroom which still gave us lots of room. Our room did face the highway but even with the windows open we could barely hear the traffic. Staff were all so friendly! Breakfast was good and the evening meal they provided was good too. Overall a fantastic value for the price. It is close to shops, restaurants and golf courses. We will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Another hotel overlooking I95 highway. When booking in we asked for a room facing away from the highway and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Suggested that we first checked the room and come back down if we wanted to change it. It was clean, tidy, modern and well equipped.
There was no traffic noise and the room has a free high speed Ethernet connection. Breakfacst was good, only sight minor point was that none of the rooms have a safe for your valuables. But they do have free safe deposit boxes at reception. Would stay again 8/10.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing away from I95.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed here for four nights attending a wedding in the local area, the hotel is typical chain hotel the hotel appears quite new and modern, the rooms are large and all rooms are suites with a bedroom and living area with a kitchen area.

We had more than 10 rooms booked out and the hotel were aware of our reason for staying at the property the staff were very helpful with directions and other arrangements, one afternoon we ordered in Chinese and they let 20 of us use the breakfast area to eat this.

The breakfast was good and always had something you could eat.

Overall if I was staying in the area I would be happy to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple