“Should have expressed getting out of here!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Knowing we were going to arrive late, we called the front desk TWICE to give them a heads up so we would still have a room when we checked in. The clerk even remembered our calls. We got there and the room had been given away. They checked us into another room saying it was an upgrade but this room only had 1 bed. We had reserved a rm with 2 beds and a pull out. We had to wait another 20 mins til they found another room for us. We finally got settled in and slept for a few hrs only to be disturbed in the morning telling us they will have to move us to another room or charge us $70 more for that room. "Their concession rate." We didn't have time to discuss the situation with them as we had an event to get ready for. They moved us to a room less than what we reserved and paid for!!! Worst service at a hotel I have ever received!! I wouldn't mind if it was actually a good hotel, this place is below par!! All the plumbing has issues and there is mold on the shower tiles. Gross!!! The beds coils squeak every time you turn. Should have stayed across the street- but they were completely full. Will know for next year. Rude and uncourteous.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rebecca R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Rebecca R,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 2 March 2013

This hotel was great. Very clean. The room was huge and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the woman in charge of maintaining it was very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff was also friendly. I reserved this room at the last minute through Priority Club and was treated very well.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed at this location for a business trip and the location was PERFECT. It is within walking distance of several restaurants including (Friendly's, Outback, Chillis, Ruby Tuesdays, TGI Fridays, Five Guys etc). It's also close/walking distance to a towncenter that has any store you may need. The hotel itself is clean and the room had extremely comfortable beds. It has plenty of cable channels and a decent bathroom. No complaints here.The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars was because it didn't have a restaurant in the building and the rooms were not very stylish. They did provide a continental breakfast. But, I ate at the restaurants around.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We has a very nice suite with two rooms and two televisions. All was very clean and quite comfortable. When we checked in we were told the times for the breakfast buffet and shown the location. She never mentioned that the buffet was NOT included in our stay. We went down for our included breakfast to find the breakfast buffet costs $8.95 each. It was an embarrassment and I feel we were purposely misled. At our next Holiday Inn stay the information regarding the buffet was given and then the price was told at the start of the stay, as it should always be if the breakfast is not included.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmilyH1969
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dear Emily H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We appreciate that you noticed the cleanliness of the room and found it comfortable. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the confusion over the breakfast and rate information. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into and will be discussed with the staff. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

I had a event at this hotel. I book the event in October of 2012, for & $389.00 with $100.00 refundable if I return the room back clean, in which I did. I was given a reasonable price from the manager on site In October. I was given the price of $389.00 because at the time business was slow for the Hotel. . I made three separate payment for the use of the room and had everything paid 5 days before the event. That night the hotel was trying to give me another contract to fill out, but I refuse to sign another contract due to I had an originally one and I knew the agreement. Three days after the event I found out that the Hotel went into my bank account and took out $433.27. When I called them about this matter they said they put the money back into my account. Not only that they refuse to give me back my $100.00 refund. Today is day three and the bank have contacted me and told the money was not reversed. I took my contract to the bank to show proof of my contact. Because I had my contract I was able to do a dispute for this matter. I normally don't do reviews but I don't want to see this happen to anyone else. Oh, another thing that you need to know when calling them about your problem they will shift the blame, and play you like your stupid so if you stay with them or plan an event make sure you keep all your paper work. Also, we had to put up, and put away the chairs and table. To be on the safe side just use cash. Don't give them your Credit Card or go to another Hotel, if you don't then keep an eye on your card. I hope this help you...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank N S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Natalie S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Port Saint Lucie, FL.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Only stayed one night but I was pleasantly surprised with the comfortable room and hotel facilities. The bowling alley across the road from the hotel was an added bonus. Staff were helpful and polite and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RayH301
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I would like to thank Rosanne Pruneddu for being so warm and nice when we arrived at this property location. She was very friendly and made us feel welcome each time we entered and exited the hotel. Always nice and professional.
Regards,
Charlotte Cook

Room Tip: Our room was very clean and quiet. No complaints.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family