Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I went to the Keys for Spring Break and ended up missing the bus to Orlando. Joel was more than helpful, arranging transportation and another hotel as the Holiday Inn was booked. Went above and beyond. If in the area will stay just on account of the helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Dan P, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our property. We are sorry to hear you missed your bus, however we are estatic that Joel was very happy to help you, and did go above and beyond! We appreciate your feedback and to hear you will return due to it's employees! I'll be sure Joel is recognized for his superior service. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We checked in quite late, driving between Miami and Orlando so we didn't get a chance to enjoy the surroundings.
Good points: Right off the highway, clean and comfortable, breakfast included
Bad points: Customer service - we used points when booking this stay. The front desk person made sure to tell us (twice) that the hotel was paying for our stay. At check out we were presented with an invoice showing how much the hotel's part for our stay was. We were truly offended, being a platinum member of their loyalty program. We were not even verbally welcomed or offered a bottle of water. We have stayed at many IHG properties, and have never seen an invoice when using points. Staff needs training in customer service.
We will not stay again when passing through.I'm sure the front desk staff will be glad that the hotel will not have to pay for our stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best.
We would love the opportunity to have you back as a loyal Holiday Inn Express guest.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We come down every year for the Mets spring training and are always looking for a good hotel close to the ballpark. This was our first time here.

I checked in early. The staff was very friendly, although no one recognized my Ambassador status. I'm not sure it would have gotten me anything at this hotel - as Wifi and breakfast are already free.

The room was reasonably sized. It was clean, and loaded with towels in the bathroom.

It was surprisingly quiet. These hotels usually have paper thin walls, but I heard nothing from any of the rooms around o above me. It was kinda amazing.

There was no safe in the room. And a lot of things needed to be tightened - the toilet seat, the dresser pulls, etc.

Wifi was spotty - it worked but could use a speed bump.

Overall, I'd stay here again. A few little things didn't ruin a very quiet, fairly priced stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Dan P, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Wonderful! We thank you for choosing our hotel. We greatly appreciate this review and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and we all look forward to having you next spring training year!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel while visiting a friend in Port St. Lucie. It was a comfortable room with a very nice complimentary breakfast. We enjoyed the location close to the interstate. There were many places to eat close by and a shopping center very close.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan P, front desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We thank you for taking the time out to write such a positive review on our hotel. We are so happy that we were able to make your stay a pleasurable one not too mention that the location of our hotel seemed to be a plus for you as well. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit your friend!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Friendly staff. Very Honest employees, clean

I forgot my cellphone and small bag, as soon as I got back the two House Keepers - Sonia and Yemmy
had both of my items for me. It makes a hotel stand out from others when employees display such qualities. Keep up the good work!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

We greatly appreciate this review. Thank you so much for recognizing Sonia and Yemni as well for their outstanding service. Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Nice and clean. Above average standard. Well kept. Good service.

Only reason it get 4/5 and not 5/5 is the breakfast.

Free parking
Free WiFi
Free Swimming pool (did not try)
Free gym (did not try)
Free continental breakfast (did not try)

Stayed with girlfriend for one night end of December 2013 in room with king size bed and sofa bed, non-smoking.
Rate $165 plus tax (booked via Hotels.com same day).

Will definitely return if coming back to the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dan P, front desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

We are very pleased to hear that we were above the average standard. We value your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stay in this hotel 3-4 times a year. Usually I give it a 4 or 5 rating for all the right reasons, but not this time.
The last two times I've been there I had constant WiFi issues, either it wouldn't connect without a phone call to the carrier, after being told by the desk person, "I don't know, sir." Every time I've stayed there I have an issue with this one..... the morning of checkout, which doesn't have to happen until at least 9am, my daggum internet code doesn't work because it's been changed! Irritating!
Wanted to take a shower before going out, walk in the bathroom, turn on the shower water, the water that comes is brackish, if not dirty brown.... but here's the best part, the faucet is facing OUTBOARD OF THE TUB, causing water to spray out on the floor. The plumbing fixture was lose, away from the wall. I twisted it back in place but that's not something the should happen here. Anyway, I let the water, it clears up, take my shower, and we go out for the evening. After driving 13 hours this day I'm interested in a quite dinner and come back to watch some TV before crashing. Not happening........ TV has a green screen, so after playing with it awhile, I call the desk. The person is "so sorry" it happened, explained there was some issues with cable, recommended I unplug the tube, wait a few minutes, and behold it worked. Ah, we're not done, there's no channel guide in the room, so I trapse downstairs, pick one up.......
There is a charming lady named Cecilia who works here in the "breakfast" area. She's been there for several years, always has a smile on her face, and frankly is likely to be the reason we stay here again. Oh, one more thing, they have a breakfast each day...... the issue is with the eggs they prepare..... they are ALWAYS soggy. GM, Please correct this!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Dan P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. We strive to make every guest happy and comfortable.

Because we value your continued committment to our hotel, I am offering an upgrade at no additional charge on your next visit with us.

Again, I sincerely apologize and hope you will continue to visit with us in the future.

Milie Feliciano, Director of Sales