“In Transformation Into A Sleep Inn?”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Toronto, ON Canada
“In Transformation Into A Sleep Inn?”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

There is a couple of signs outside of this hotel with the Sleep Inn logo, it may be in the middle of a rebranding? No matter what hotel brand it takes, it has a very nice location just off the major highways - but far enough from all the traffic noise. The rooms are very spacious with separated kitchen and sitting areas; staff is friendly, parking is plenty, breakfast is good, and it has a nicely decorated lobby and breakfast area. However, the building itself is not new and its age is shown. The bathroom door is a slider and seems not to be lockable. The lights are not enough for all corners of the room. Overall it is a good hotel to stay, but don't expect it's a five-star facility. But I'm sure you cannot find a better value elsewhere for the price it charges.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Snowbird888
jimmy d, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank for taking your time to send us feedback. We are in face adding more signs out front so it will be easier for everyone to find the hotel and we are in the mist of upgrading our lighting in the rooms. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Mainstay St. Lucie West was recommended when I arrived in town almost one month ago. From my check-in with Jimmy to my checkout with Cassandra, I couldn't have experienced better customer service anywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. In fact, my experience was so positive it seemed a little sad when I checked out yesterday. The location is amazing, the Mainstay had very tasteful holiday decor and welcomed guest home with fresh apples and Florida oranges when you arrived home each day. I never had to wait on any request for service. The housekeeping department did a superb job!! Upon arrival until I checked out 3.5 week's later, my room was spotless. The linens were of great quality and the beds were so comfortable I slept like a baby every night. The rooms have a lot to offer with nice sleeper sofas, flat screen TV, desk for work or easily converted to a bar for dining in the room. The on-site laundry was super nice and everything was at your fingertips...even quarters at the front desk for the coin operated laundry machines. The grounds are well maintained and have lovely tropical plants. The front porch is nice and welcoming. The back patio and pool area is private and great for sunning or lounging while reading, etc. Michael was a pleasure to talk with also and helped me out during my stay. This hotel takes pride in its operations and treats guests like they are family. The facilities are superb!! You cannot go wrong by choosing Mainstay St. Lucie West whether you are staying a day or a month, customer service and friendliness of staff Is ranked tops in my opinion!! Thank you Cassandra for the extra special service you provide. Thanks to Jimmy for being super attentive and to Michael for the courtesy and always responding, and thanks to Jordan for always greeting me at the end of the day with a beautiful smile and for showing me around the property. Thanks to housekeeping for the extra effort in cleanliness. I will recommend this place to any traveler!!! :-)

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Sharon C
Thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate your feedback and I will share your feedback with the staff here. We make it one of our goals to go out of our way to make each of our guests feel as if they are at home and I am glad to see that we were able to do this for you.Our staff makes sure to go out of their way to make each guest feel as if they are home, and I am glad to see we were able to do this for you. We look foward to seeing you again.
Medford, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at Mainstay Suites in Port St. Lucie recently with our pet. Everything was very good and everyone was very helpful and pleasant to be around. I would like to especially thank Cassandra. She had to be the most pleasant and warm hearted person I have met in a long time. Any questions were handled in a professional manner, yet with a wonderful sense of humor, which is important when you are away from home. A great pleasure to deal with someone that makes you feel welcome. She is a definite asset to that hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Allegan, Michigan
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The front desk staff: Accommodating and personable from the African-American gentleman on the night shift to the attractive blonde female that checked me in. Possibly the best front desk staff in my 19 years as a road warrior.
The manager justifiably had the Port St. Lucie County Police remove a disorderly guest. He will not allow someone else to ruin your stay.

Housekeeping staff: Friendly but inept. When I first opened the door to my studio, I noticed an odd peanut butter-like smell. The counter top of the kitchenette and the work station were both dirty (coffee stains? and bread/cracker crumbs). Two paper towels were wadded up and left on the counters as if someone just stopped suddenly and forgot to finish. I found an empty water bottle and other garbage underneath the bed when I stooped to pick up my cell phone.

Pest control: This studio was overrun by ants. These ants were trained to attack at the sound of a microwave being operated, the refrigerator door being opened, the oven being turned on etc. They bit the heck out of my toes. when a young gecko showed up snooping through my luggage, I welcomed him as a friend. I suppose he was the reason that I didn't see a single cockroach.

Location: Very close to shopping (Wal-Mart, Publix, Stein Mart, Beals, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, various Chinese restaurants, etc). Located off of a roundabout in a safe, well-kept area about 1/2 mile from 95.

I was able to secure a room rate of $40 per night through a third party that I located through Craigslist. Monthly rates through this broker were about $35 per night. I'd have been steaming for certain if I had paid the standard rates of $89 to $139.00 considering the cleanliness of the room.

Even with the problems with housekeeping (and they were most likely responsible to an extent about the ant problem, too)...I would recommend this property due to the front desk staff, management, and the location.

Room Tip: Check the room first to make certain that a different member of the cleaning staff than what I had t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed at Mainstay Suites with my daughter on a Saturday night. The hotel was clean, room was a nice size, and it was quiet. Cassandra helped me and she bent over backwards for us from the beginning to check out. I've never had such great customer service at a hotel as I did here. In fact, I'm on my way back now and am staying there again!! I wouldn't go anywhere else just because I know you can't find hospitality like that anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2013
jimmy d, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback on your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future. Our staff makes sure to go out of their way to make each guest feel as if they are home, and I am glad Cassandra was able to do this for you. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I love this location because it is directly off of I-95 yet feels very private and is very quiet. The staff is always friendly and helpful especially Cassandra at the front desk. She is so friendly and happy you cant help but be in a good mood around her. I will stay here anytime traveling to the Port St. Lucie area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TheresaC876
Thank you for staying with us, we are glad we were able to make your stay as pleasant and accommodating as possible. Thank you for the feedback about Cassandra, she is always willing to help as with the rest of our staff. I will pass the comments along to her. We hope to see you again soon.
Wetzlar, Germany
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

I arrived after a long flight from overseas at the end of a long day. The lady at the check in took some time until I had some room keys. I opened the room and was blown by the smell the arrangement blew at me. I just closed the door went back to the front desk and luckly got another room. My comment, that the previouse guest seems by smell to have forgotten its pet, was not commented or understood at all. The next room was better but still warn out. I stayed a week her. The room size and everything would be very good if renovated and kept clean. It's also not favorable to turn the AC of, in this clima.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and I really appreciate the feedback. I was happy to see that when you had a problem the front desk addressed it. Recently, the hotel has gone over minor renovations to make sure everyone's stay here is pleasant. We hope on your next trip you could stay with us again to see the upgrades.