Club Med Sandpiper Bay
US$103
US$133
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
US$109
Hampton.com
SpringHill Suites Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
US$103
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
US$100
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
US$131
US$176
US$96
US$151
US$133
Best Western Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$111
BestWestern.com
Sleep Inn at PGA Village(Port Saint Lucie)
US$115
TripAdvisor
4,557 results
All reviewsmini clubkids clubadult poolall inclusive resorttennis lessonsslice barfirst clubcircus teamcalm poolevening showsall inclusiveschild carecrazy signsfamily vacationpunta canachocolate creambeach volleyball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2011

This was my first trip to Club Med in over 20 years so I was very curious to see how it has evolved, particularly the new luxury version. In general I was very satisfied, but there were some rough spots. While the property has mostly been renovated there are still some non-renovated areas. Our room had not been renovated so looked rather tired and the shower didn't work properly, but the view on the water was very nice. The space for the evening entertainment also hadn't been renovated so seemed rather rough. The evening entertainment was rather simple compared to what I had seen before, mostly performances by GOs from the trapeze school, which is one of the features of this village. Another major feature and change from previous experience was the concentration on families; I didn't mind that but it was different. The food was generally quite good and varied and so ample one was tempted to overeat. The beer selection was limited and the free wine was mediocre and from Bulgaria, if I recall correctly. However, they sold better wines. I came for the tennis and the clinics were quite good. They arrange games but there were too few GMs to allow variety of players. They also have a tennis academy for top young players from around the world, and we saw a demonstration game one evening, and it was very impressive. They only had a handful of computers which meant that there were waits sometimes. The other entertainment was mostly rock music which I think has limited appeal for an older crowed - I think they could vary the entertainment with jazz or even movies. The old rah rah spirit was toned down and they didn't have as much group singing as before, thank goodness. The GOs were from all over the world, which is an aspect that makes Club Med more interesting.

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room overlooking the water.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thasler
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2011

Dear thasler,
We're glad you enjoyed your vacation at Club Med Sandpiper Bay! We appreciate your thoughts and helpful feedback. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Overall, we had a really nice stay at the Sandpiper resort. For a vacation with a one-year old it was very relaxing so I think that says the most. It’s a great family resort. We were one of many first timers there, but we also met a number of families who were on the sixth, seventh or eighth visit to the resort.

It is very child friendly. With an infant, it was incredible to go into your room and see a crib, changing pad, baby tub and a stroller waiting for you. In the restaurant there were plenty of food choices, as well as a baby corner with about 5 flavors of Gerber food, microwave and a blender (in case you wanted to make your own food). There were also plenty of high chairs in the restaurant. We also used the Baby Club Med and it was great. It’s a big playroom with a separate room that has travel cribs for naps. All the women who worked there were very nice and attentive to our daughter. They didn’t only stay in the playroom either – they walked around the resort, took her to the art area to play with play dough, went in the kiddie pool and went to the restaurant for meal time. She cried when we dropped her off but they just whisked her away to the toys and she settled down in a few minutes. The Pajama Club at night was similar with great babysitters who were so helpful, happy and genuinely seemed to love kids.

The renovated room was nice and definitely plenty big. We were on the ground floor, but unfortunately looked out on the entry to the resort. Not quite as promised by the reservation agent when we booked who said we’d have a river view.
Food was good. There are only two restaurants – one buffet and one sit down. The sit down restaurant has limited choices that don’t change, but they are very similar to what’s in the buffet restaurant. Plus, plenty of people were just using the seating there but getting food at the buffet so seemed like an extension of the buffet anyway. The buffet was good and had a ton of choices for food. I really liked it for breakfast and lunch, but felt like it would have been nicer to have a good sit down restaurant for dinner. Plus, the service there was terrible. The staff looked so depressed and if they came over to clean a table they’d take the plates, but leave the glasses. It was really haphazard and incomplete. The coffee situation in the morning is really bad. There are 2 machines that make a cup at a time and the line was long. I don’t understand why they didn’t have carafes of coffee for the tables since most drink it. There is no food after 9pm and no place to get snacks or a late night bite.

All the pools are very nice, but the seats go quickly. You need to get up and put your towel on a chair early or you won’t get one. Also, getting an umbrella is tough. There aren’t nearly enough which seems like a miss for a place that has so many babies.
The bar is fine, but again, there is only place to get drinks on the entire resort. So, if you’re at the adult pool it’s a hike over there to get a beer. I just don’t understand why they don’t have another.

There is a fitness center and spa which we used and were fine. Neither is in their renovated home. From what some of the GOs said, I’m not sure when or if the second part of the renovation is happening. One told us that she didn’t think they had the money to finish it. Would be a shame since what they’ve started is nice and if they don’t finish it, it will really seem strange. The renderings on the website are a little misleading this way.

There was little information about what to do in the area. We did go to a Mets game one day which was great and ventured out to a restaurant in the area one night. Oddly, when we asked any of the GOs for recommendations, they had none. Seriously, they didn’t have any suggestions or know where to direct us. It’s a great resort, but don’t people ever want to leave or see what’s around??

This is a great resort. There’s much room for improvement, but we had a great family vacation and look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Dear kbrown0804,
We're so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at Club Med Sandpiper Bay! We apologize about the confusion with the restaurant and buffet; your feedback is really appreciated. We truly look forward to you and your family coming back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2011

How anyone can rate this more than 2 stars is beyond me. To say this club is mismanaged is giving them the benefit of saying it's managed at all. There was not one manager/supervisor in any part of the club, from the front desk to the restaurants to the pool to the activities and it showed in so many ways. We waited over 2 hours for our rooms to be ready and there was barely a skeleton crew at the front desk and guest services to help us. At most meals the service was abysmal with wait staff that just didn't care and CLEARLY had no training and nobody watching over them. I was here with my 2 boys to play golf and the golf course was so poorly taken care of that it was sad to see. The rooms were typical club med, but were extremely poor relative to most new all-inclusive. And to top it all off, they closed the small health club they had during our stay, to accommodate an incoming groups need for the room. (How can you do that to your guests that are staying there, BECAUSE THERE'S NO MANAGEMENT) Overall a really bad experience and this review would have been a lot worse except for the fact that the pool area and some of the grounds were very nice.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank gregghamer
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

Dear gregghamer,

We are very sorry for your negative experience at our resort. We work hard to accommodate all of out guests, and we apologize if our management and the conditions of our golf course and health club fell short of your expectations. We truly value you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and we will work toward making improvements. We hope that this experience won't deter you from future visits with Club Med.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

I just checked into the Club Med Sandpiper and I must say that I am very underwhelemd. This is my 5th visit to a Club Med resort and I must say by far this resort does not live up to what I have always experienced with the other resorts. I have been to the Club Med in Cancun twice and loved it; if given the choice I would go again and again. Punt a Cana was magnificent and Ixtapa was amazing.
Upon check in, I was given keys to my room just to find out upon arriving to the room that a guest was still occupying the room. Now I made all of my transportation arrangements with the club, so I wonder: why give a late a checkout to a guest when you have an early guest coming in?
While waiting in rerception I became aware that at least one other guest had the same experience. This leads me to believe that although the club was revamped, the management may need some real revamping. Such chaos is indicative of poor management and the need to get some training on basic day to day activities.
My compensation for my trouble was one hour of internet, which I am using to write this review.
Don't ger me wrong I really like Club Med and have been very satisfied with the other clubs.
My advice is to wait until this one gets their act together.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank unhappyconcetta

Dear unhappyconcetta,

We are terribly sorry for this unfortunate room mix-up! We try very hard to please our guests and we obviously fell short and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience! Since you have loved our other Club Med resorts, we hope you understand that this was a one time glitch and we will work toward making sure that this mistake will not happen again. We hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay and that this mix-up will not deter you from future vacations with Club Med.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

The customer service was excellent, the attention that the staff provides for the guests is amazing. Theres plenty of activities to do all day long as well as all night. Theres is always something new to esperience each day and each night. The food is excellent every meal is edelicous and exotic, plenty to eat and enjoy with family, lover, and friends. The staff is extremely friendly and very energitic and family oriented. You will love the "Go Team" !!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2011

Dear LORALIE1212,
Wow! We can't thank you enough for your high praise of Club Med Sandpiper Bay! It's great that you participated in our activities and enjoyed yourself so much. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon!