This was our first time at a Club Med and we went based on the recommendation of several friends.
Food: the food is amazing and was the best part of our trip.
Camp: the camp for kids is great if they are older then 5 I would recommend.
Evening events: family friendly, entertaining events each night
The location: it is not on the beach and in a random St. Lucie neighborhood
Food: if you want food in between or after the buffet hours, you are out of luck. So you have to stuff your face so you won't be hungry between meals.
Disconnect of the staff: the reception (as stated in the other reviews) is not a warm welcoming area. Every time I would go in there, they were not being helpful with guest
requests and trying to pawn them off to central reservations. I guess that's what happens when you have to pay everything up front. The bar staff was unenthusiastic as well as those in the restaurant. Also the GOs seemed more interested in each other than assisting guests. There was very little interaction we saw.
We had to ask the front desk for a doctor because our child got sick. They had no list of recommended doctors or clinics to go to. They said they would call security who came 20 minutes later and couldn't help. They offered to call 911, but that is not what we needed. turned out our child got hand foot and mouth virus from the camp. I recommend with a resort full of kids, they are more prepared for instances like this.
Renovation: to have a half renovated resort makes no sense. They should have done it all at once. Classic example is the womens bathroom by the theater - half renovated in the front and old in the back.
If they can renovate the resort in it's entirety and have the different segments of staff working towards a common goal, we will come back!
Pools: in the adult pool there were kids. There was no one to enforce this. There were NO towels at the pool and no one to help you find them. This was ridiculous to have unattended pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie