My husband and I had not taken a vacation since before our son was born and were apprehensive about taking him somewhere that would require us to eat all our meals in restaurants. We did not want to rent a condo, as I wanted a break from cooking and cleaning. Since I am pregnant, we did not want to travel outside the US. After doing some research, this resort was consistently mentioned as a great place for families with small children. It was the best decision we could have made. This place is the ideal set-up for families with active toddlers. All the meals were buffet style, which meant no waiting for food and we could select from a wide a variety of things for our picky eater to try. Plenty of high chairs are readily available, and you don't have to worry that you are going to be the only ones with a kid throwing peas on the floor. There is a separate room for adults over 18 who want to get away from the kids, which we took advantage of on the evenings we put our son in their wonderful evening daycare program (which he loved). The food was all very good, and we definitely felt it was a good value for the money.
Our room was in Building A, and had a curtained room for our son with a bunk bed in it. At my request, a bed rail was installed on the bed. A stroller was provided as well, though we only used it once. In terms of cleanliness, I did not have complaints, except that the cleaning staff seemed a bit stingy with the toilet paper. We had to request more several times from the reception desk or flag down housekeeping staff to ask for it.
We were all able to have a fun, relaxing vacation week and would definitely plan to return in the future. The staff members are all friendly and helpful, and wonderful with kids. The only major issue I had was with the amount of smoking we encountered in highly trafficked areas. The "Slice Bar" was a popular place for people to sit outside and smoke, and we had to pass by this area several times a day. It would have been preferable if there had been a designated outdoor smoking area that was not so centrally located.
Another annoyance was the fact that the beach was still closed, as we had been told after we made the reservation that they expected it to be open by the time we arrived. We opted to rent a car for our stay so we could take our son to Jensen Beach which was not as convenient or comfortable as if we had been able to take advantage of their on-site beach. They do not have any beach chairs or umbrellas to lend you if you want to go to the beach, but they let you take some pool towels with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie