We returned a few days ago from an extended weekend stay at Club Med Sandpiper Bay. It was our second visit this year and I imagine we will go back again soon.
First off, I must commend the amazing circus staff. Billy runs a fantastic program that had my kids enthused about the circus arts the entire time we were there. They were involved in the kids' circus show and chose to rehearse over going to the pool or participating in any of the other activities. Brian is nothing short of amazing! He taught me new tricks on the trapeze, pushed my kids to do crazy circus acts, and even got my 4-year-old to swing on the trapeze. Hannah is a rock star. She worked so hard to keep everyone safe. Ben performed with my daughter and is insanely strong and talented. Jacob, Kimmie, Ellison, Osmann, Christian (I know I'm forgetting someone and I apologize): my kids and I will never forget how you all went above and beyond to make our vacation so memorable! My kids can't stop talking about their experience. I can honestly say it was life-changing!
The food at the resort is excellent! We all ate so well that if we had been there any longer, we would have rolled home. Even the kids found good, healthy choices for every meal. Be sure to try the chocolate bread. It is delicious!
Now, onto the less than perfect part of the resort: the rooms. I know they were recently renovated but Club Med should fire their contractor! The bathtub was chipped, our sink leaked, the shower was moldy and the pressure felt like a rain of bullets, the bed was hard with a torn mattress pad, and the screen door was ripped and wouldn't slide. It's a shame because, if the weather hadn't been so beautiful and we had been stuck in the room, our vacation would have been so much worse. I think Club Med needs to consider another renovation!
In all, it was a fantastic escape from our day-to-day lives. I cannot say enough about the staff. They are the reason we will most certainly go back. I would see them at breakfast at 7 AM and they would still be working late into the night. Thank you all for creating such an amazing experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie