This was our 7th or 8th time staying at Club Med Sandpiper. I sort of lost track after so many great stays. We normally stay in the Club Family rooms and they have been fine for our needs. The kids have the bunk bed area with their own TV and we have an area right outside it with our own TV. I still have to say I miss the huge closet from before they did the updates, though this one is fine. Maybe some more shelves in the closets would help.
My kids are 8 and 5. We made a deal with them, they would go to the Kids Club in the morning while we took the tennis lesson and then played. Then we would pick them up and spend the rest of the day with them. Near the end of the trip my 8 year old was telling us not to come pick him up until after they were finished with Circus School and then telling us he wanted to go back at a certain time for a certain activity!!
Love the new volleyball courts out front. Too bad there wasn't really anyone out there that wanted to play. My husband and I went one day and we were able to round up a game, though you had to watch for the kids that were wanting to play too. Just a suggestion, you need a hose or shower out there to clean up a little after the game. You end up tracking sand everywhere.
We played tennis everyday. While he is not a GO, Gino is still my favorite. He remembers us every year and is such a great person.
The food is not bad. I do like the new restaurant and I like the fact that you are only allowed 1 reservation per room. Though while we ate there it seemed you were only doing 1 table seating. You could have easily done 2 and then let people make 2 reservations.
If you are looking for a 5 star resort this is not the place. If you are looking for a place to have fun with your kids and get some relaxing time, this is the place.
My only real big negative is the GO quality that they are putting in Sandpiper is not what it used to be. From my past visits you really made friends with the GO's and they would go out of their way to help you. Now it seems like they are just smiling because they have to. The only GO I would give major bonus points to is Adan the lifeguard. He was there 2 years ago when we went and he remembered us and was always very helpful and chatty (while watching the water at the same time). I still miss the Chief Lionel, he was the best!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie