“Time of my son's life.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Time of my son's life.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

When my son said, "Mom, I'm having the time of my life." that was all I needed to hear. Not a luxury resort by any means, but perfect for a family getaway. The beach crew, Izzy, Paige and Don, are awesome!!! As are the camp (Mini Club) counselors. Shout out to Heather and Chris!! The nightly entertainment is the perfect way to end the day. My son, almost 10, loved the disco, learning new dances, listening to music, both DJ and live. The staff really seems to care about the guests to ensure everyone is having FUN. All were very personable and you begin to feel part of the Club Med family. Since it is local to me, I definitely plan to go back for weekend getaways.

Room Tip: We had a bay view room with a balcony which I loved.
1 Thank lisadawn30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Hebrew first
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife, daughter and I every year come to Florida to spend our summer vacations. This time wanted to try something different than Disney for a long weekend, and figured we could drive to CLub Med in an hour. We wish we had found it many years ago. My daughter hooked up with a few kids the first day, and we never saw her again. We lay at the pool, relaxed, read books...etc. At night, there was a show and entertainment...and then we hooked up with the parents of the kids my daughter was with. We wished the weekend would never end. The kids club has wonderful GO's. They did tennis, a show, flying trapeza, pool games and best of all...they were busy from the beginning of the day 'till late in the night. Kids are allowed in the bar, so we enjoyed the company of our new friends, and the kids played video games and danced to the music well into the night. The food is quite ample, and although not gourmet (but who expects that from a buffett) it was good and a great variety. You could always get desert, salad, fruit, great cookies etc. The rooms are quite large and clean. Also the reception team was very helpful and friendly. The GO Luis from reception did an excellent job, he was always make sure we were comfortable and having a great time.
We only wish we found this place when my daughter was 2 or 3. It would have saved us about 5 trips to Disney. All inclusive resorts are the way to go!! We diffidently will come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Victor S
Forestville, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is the 8th Club Med I have visited, and definitely the worst. Almost impossible to get to without a car...rooms are ok...very large, with a huge wardrobe and a tiny bathroom. Room cleaning is very basic, and seems to start late in the day...the food was average compared to other Club Meds I have stayed at. On our first night at 8pm we had trouble finding a clean table, and then struggled to find cutlery and glasses. the emphasis seems to be on the "outsiders" who book dinners here like a restaurant...their tables are set, and reserved, and they seem to be greeted at the door by the boss. We did find the "adults only" dining room, and used that instead. We loved the adults only pool. There are lots of children at this resort, who join in and take over..(I don't have a problem if they are able..but when three kids who cannot hit a ball on the table turn up to the ping pong competition it kind of ruins it for everyone, especially when Mum is there taking photos and asking you to be "gentle"!) The show quality was poor...and for the first time ever I saw a show repeated (after 4 days!!) There is one good dancer, but I don't want to spend 45 minutes watching him dance each night...and don't let him run Aqua gym..he takes all the fun out of it. The GOs here with the exception of Jake, we found to be aloof and not friendly. Also.....$50 for Wifi for a week...come on Club Med..get with the times...free Wifi is expected...The laundry was free though! This was the first time I've ever arrived at a Club med and not got a cool towel and a welcome drink, and left without a farewell. Much more of a country club than a true Club Med. I can guarantee I won't return.

Room Tip: I'd choose another location!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank AustraliaUnitedfan
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at Club Med at Sandpiper Bay from July 2-8, 2014. This is my 3rd year visiting Club Med. It is a fantastic place for single parents!! They offer child care from 9 AM - 5 PM and pajama club from 7 PM - 1 AM. Awesome!

While I was there this time I had an unfortunate accident with a rock while I was out running a 5K and ended up spraining my ankle badly. The staff at Club Med was wonderful. They provided transportation to the hospital and ensured that I was comfortable from that point on. Joseph Stamps, Assistant Reception Manager, was exceptional at making sure I was comfortable and safe. He went above and beyond to make sure my needs were met. I found myself on crutches and being a single parent I did not have another adult to help me with a very active 3 year old son. Cassie Johnstone in the Baby Club stepped up and helped me with my son. She took care of him during the off hours of child care and made sure my son ate and was happy and safe. She was a God Send and I knew my son was in good hands.

Both Joseph and Cassie made my vacation, that could have been horrible, into a bearable relaxing experience despite the agonizing pain of my ankle.

The Club Med staff at Sandpiper Bay have become family and I suggest Club Med to anyone who stops long enough to hear me boast. I will return year after year.

Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We returned Thursday from what was originally booked as a four-night stay. But our five-year-old daughter was having so much fun, our two-year-old was actually taking naps, and my wife and I were getting alone time during daylight, lol! So a call to Club Med's 800 number got us to be able to stay in the same room at the same rate.

Our daughter said the Kids Club was more fun than on a Disney cruise, and although our son took a while to leave at the Petit Club, he always was excited to tell us what he did all day. Many thanks to Lady, the Petit Club chief, who cuddled our son so we could leave him, and Alex and Marcos in the Kids Club, whom our daughter adored. Special thanks too to Spencer, who ran the Pajama Club our last night and didn't hate us for maximizing our allotted time (but luckily we were hanging out with Marcos, his roommate, at the time :) Cindy, the Kids Club chief, is also very nice and helped us with our little one's dropoff as well. There are other great Kids Club folks we never actually met but kept our kids happy, so thanks to them as well.

It was also great to be able to take tennis drills each morning that were included; Geno, one of the instructors, was both hilarious and provided great tips.

Last but certainly not least, the bar G.O.s rocked. Katie is such a sweetheart, and we had so much fun having lunch and hanging out at night. And the dining arrangement she made for us while the kids were in Pajama Club really made the night special. Justine at the adult-pool bar was so much fun to shoot the breeze with while dodging raindrops and getting hooked on strawberry mojitos and daiquiris. Corrie is another great one we ate lunch with and hung out with. Brandt, the bar chief, is such a nice, polite guy; Jim and Helen are other bar G.O.'s who took good care of us. And it was nice to meet Olivier, the acting CDV filling in for David.

As most reviewers of Sandpiper note, it's the G.O.s who make the place special since the rooms are just okay. However, we did have the family club room with the separate bunk-bed kids room, which was awesome. We also had a decent water view from a good-sized balcony.

We had considered doing a Norwegian cruise, but with sports, drinks, and most kids clubs included at Club Med, the latter is a far better value. We loved our Disney cruise earlier this year and will do one of those again, but CM as a cruise-like experience on land beats all the other cruise lines and the people experience provided by the G.O.s simply can't be replicated. We probably won't be back to Sandpiper as soon as I'd like, but we will be back.

Room Tip: If you pay a little extra for a water view, know that you might be at the end of a building without...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DoctorBrianB
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have taken Club Med vacations for over 20 years, starting as a single traveler and now with my two children. We have come to this location over a dozen times. On this visit, there were some complications with our room, but Joseph, the assistant reception manager went above and beyond to insure our comfort, happiness and ease of transition to our new room. While it could have been a stressful situation, his attention and constant smile was reassuring and made it a non-issue. As a whole, we have always enjoyed our visits to Sandpiper and my children, now teens, are always begging to come back.

Room Tip: Don't come here for the room....the rooms are nice, but there's so much else, why stress abo...
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

So my wife and I had to make a sudden change to our honeymoon plans. And all we can say, thank goodness we did. From the moment we got there to the moment we left we were treated like family. The surroundings were amazing, the food was fantastic, the room and view and room were amazing, but the best thing about the resort was the staff. From the moment we got there, Molly from reception was there with a smiling face to help. From that moment on, we got to see what a top notch staff is about. My wife and I have made friends with staff here. A big thanks to both the reception and bar staff for all you did. We want to extend a really special thanks to Molly and Anouck from reception and Mike, Katie, Corrie, Jim, Helen, and Steven "The Crowd Pleaser" from the bar. Also a big thanks to Olivier for everything you did. You all made our honeymoon one to never forget and you guys will forever hold a very special place in our hearts. We could not have asked for a more memorable honeymoon. We love you guys. Thank you for everything and cannot wait to do it again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mario L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#4 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Old Colorado Inn
Old Colorado Inn
#1 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!