“Club Med !!! Summer time!!! Great!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Orlando, Florida
“Club Med !!! Summer time!!! Great!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Here we go again... Club Med and Summer is a great combination! We had a great time again!
This time, I missed seeing Fernando and the group of GOs that I am used to. But the shows were good and the Chef of the village is doing a great job. There were also new people at the reception area and I miss the old crew...Gill was there and he is AMAZING!!!! My whole family loves him!!!!
My son spent the whole time playing soccer and he had the time of his life!! Food was good... Not excellent..but good. I missed seeing Paulett around... Mitchel is always attentive sharing his great creations at the kitchen!! We will be back soon... We always do!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Hebrew first
Waleska, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was looking for a resort for a family vacation to celebrate my birthday with my family. I looked a Club Med and decided this would be a good choice for my family. I did have a big concern that is was on the river not on the ocean. I love the beach so much I thought this would be a big deal, I was so surprised it was not even a issue with anyone in our group of 12. The resort felt like your were at a Caribbean resort so lush and well kept. We have been to several Caribbean Family resorts and Club Med comes out on top!
In our group we had 8 adults and 4 kids ages 3,7,11 and 14. The kids went to camp daily and loved it so many activities for every age group. The Petite club was wonderful for the 3 year old lots of different activities for this age group. She loved the camp. Gabby the 7 year old loved the Mini club they kept the kids busy with many activities . Mini-club is fantastic for little kids…so the parents actually get a vacation and feel comfortable
that the kids are well cared for. The 11 year old boy Spencer loved the water sports. Izzy a GO in watersports took Spencer under her wing and taught him to sail and paddle board. She also came on her day off to go with him on the trapeze. She went above the call of duty. Bailey the 14 year old loved the trapeze and went many times a day and loved the golf school. All of the GO’s are very friendly make you feel right at home.
We had a deluxe family room in building B, which was a great location. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated. Some of the others in our group had the Club room which is very spacious and well decorated. When we got back from dinner the little kids had to go and see if the chocolate fairy had been to the room and left candy on the bed (turndown service).
All the adults loved the Quiet pool AKA Adult pool which is a great place to relax. They have lounging beds at this pool with shade over them and a bar.
Lots of activities for everyone in our group, that kept everyone entertained.
We had a birthday party at Riverside Grill for myself and my daughter which was very nice and the food is awesome. The General Manager reserved a table for our group every night in the Marketplace restaurant so we could eat together. Lots of choices for all 3 meals at Marketplace with healthy choices available.
If you are looking for a resort for a great family vacation with a affordable price think about Sandpiper Bay Club Med and you will love it. My family voted and all agree this resort deserves a 4.5 rating

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Terrismimi
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I went there with my husband just last week and we had a wonderful time. We live just less than an hour from Port Saint Lucie and it is a great destination if you want to escape and relax for a bit. My husband enjoyed playing golf and i enjoyed the pool.

Rooms are okay. A bit tacky for my taste but it was cozy and comfortable. Our most memorable night was when my husband and I were having a drink at the bar and an employee asked if he could join us. His name is Don, he was very enthusiastic about sailing and made us want to try it. He's a really nice guy. My husband enjoyed talking to him. There were also two other employees that joined us, Meds and a guy. It was nice spending time with them. Meds was wonderful. She was really nice and i enjoyed talking to her. When we went to lunch the next day i bumped into her and i talked to her a little. She's the only chef in there who's genuinely nice as others were snobs and she recommended a great dessert for us to try. The food was great but my husband and i liked the food from the river side restaurant better. But i was annoyed by a large group who was sitting next to us!

Overall it was a great vacation and my husband and i will definitely go back! Golf! Eat! And most of all, meet the wonderful people who work there!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ly1955
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family has been coming to Club Med Sandpiper since my oldest son, now 15, was 7 months old. I also have a 12 year old. While we usually vacation for one week, each year the boys beg to stay longer. This year we stayed for two. Nonetheless, they didn't want to leave. We got home yesterday and they are already asking about when we can return. As a parent, that happiness is the biggest recommendation that any vacation spot can earn in my book.

That said, Club Med has changed over the years and not all is for the better. (Although I recommend this location wholeheartedly, I think it only fair to give both sides of the coin.)

Club Med used to be very singles oriented. They now seem to focus more on families. As a single parent, this makes my stay a bit complicated. I would love if they provided some type of meet-and-greet for single adults, just so that the singles don't feel like a third-wheel with families or all alone. Again, this is only an issue because the kids are so happy there that they are always off with friends, activities and the like.

The food at Sandpiper is fair at best. While there seem to be many options, things are repeated often. In addition, most things seemed overcooked or smothered in sauce. At least I didn't gain weight with this vacation.

Another thing that bothered me was the fact that Sandpiper sells day passes and memberships to the locals. I met a number of visitors who were there with monthly or annual memberships and most seemed like lovely people. However, I also met a few visitors with day passes. Of these visitors, a number seemed to come for the all-inclusive aspect (read all alcohol included!). While I understand the marketing/financial aspect from a corporate perspective, I've always counted on Club Med to be a safe place for my children and this one aspect made me question that a bit.

Finally, when a particular staff member (called GOs) stands out, Club Med asks that you mention them on this site. For those of you reading, you may never actually see the people mentioned - GOs usually work six month contracts before moving to another location. In addition, the particular GOs that are mentioned are going to be determined by the traveler's interests. For example, I never met any GOs in the mini club or beach. That doesn't mean they weren't great, just that I had no experience with that area. However, since that is the policy, I need to add the following:

The circus team was amazing! A loud shout-out (Hep!) to Chelsea, Kelsey, Kimmy, Andre and Russell. They are a relatively new team, but their talent is only surpassed by their personalities - all super friendly, encouraging, and up-beat.

Hunter was in charge of land sports and was always around offering a smile and friendly hello. Not only a great GO, but Hunter is an all-around great guy with a maturity to go with his enthusiasm and out-going friendliness.

Finally I must mention Katie (bar). All I can say is that if I had a daughter, I could only hope that she would be just like Katie. She also treated my son like a little brother and I will truly miss this wonderful young lady.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Anne U
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our family experience was so fantastic that I am compelled to write a review! The staff (GO's) are wonderful. They go out of their way to make you feel "at home". Our daughter(12) was included in the circus school, took part in one of the shows and overall had an unbelievable experience!--thank you Russell, Lance, Kelsey, Chelsea & Tru... My son(15) & I took golf & sailing lessons...(thank you Don) My husband was able to take advantage of the fitness center & we all enjoyed the pools!(thanks Alex)...
The food & drinks were phenomenal for ALL of us (and we are foodies)... The shows were great, and DJ RL did not disappoint. We were most impressed with the attention paid to the little children... All of the workers were great with the kids!!
A few helpful tips-
1-there is coin op laundry & you can have your laundry done for a fee...
2- call a few days in advance for the themes... It's fun to dress like everyone else
3- bring a cold & hot mug for drinks... The cups are small ;)
ENJOY!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank CFMUx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We (couple + little girl) used to rent a beach house every summer with my parents and sister's family. This is so much better! No stress at all! Mini-club is fantastic for little kids...you actually get a vacation! Other than the reception which acts like they're working too hard to help you (even though our room was ready the receptionist Molly wouldn't check us in til we made a stink and the manager did it), we'd definitely come back. Shout out Heather, Alexandra, Bryan and Marcos from the Mini-Club!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank AlliGabiGonzalo
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This is my 14th time coming to Club Med and I'm 15 years old. Every day I go to Latitude and hang out with them for the most of he day. Hanging with them is much fun, and there's always something to do, rain or shine. The GOs this year are probably the best that I could remember. Here are some GOs that stood out to me.

Lindsey: Lindsey is the head of latitude and she is probably one of the nicest people here at CM. She's always coming up with great ideas to do when were bored. She is also a great circus performer.

Ethan: Not a GO, but if he was, he'd definitely be my favorite. His attitude is crazy fun and he's super cool to hang around with. His fashion sense is of the wall, and he's always looking to help you with your fashion sense. It's so much fun every night when we have our "fierce" photo shoot before dinner. Club Med will not be the same after he moves to LA to become a top fashion designer.

Russell: Russell is probably one of the quirkiest GOs I've met here and he's so much fun. I've never done the trapeze before, but he was able to convince me to get up there twice.

Hunter: Playing sports with Hunter everyday is the best. He has such a positive attitude all the time.

There are many more amazing GOs, but I don't have the time to talk about all of them. I look forward to coming back next year.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank samunger1821
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#4 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Old Colorado Inn
Old Colorado Inn
#1 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!