We had an excellent trip. We have a family of 6 with ages from 3 yrs old to 18. We had 2 adjoining rooms and visited in June. It was a graduation celebration for my oldest son.
I will first get the negatives out of the way. Check in took a little while. This always surprises me when I provide all the needed information when booking. The resort is not luxurious and shows its age in places. Well maintained and clean but not the place for you if you are looking for high end accommodations. It is not on the ocean. Although this has its good and bad aspects, it does not have crystal clear water. There are plenty of kids present. There is an adults only pool to get away but I would consider this a family getaway rather than a romantic hideaway. You have to leave the pool and walk to the bar. There is really only one buffet restaurant. If you can live with the issues I just mentioned, stop reading and book the trip. Everything else is excellent.
The rooms are clean and quite large. Not fancy but they suited our needs quite well. Plenty of pool options (main "fun" pool, lap pool, kids pool and quiet adult pool). The beach was small but nice. It was actually nice not to be on the ocean. The wind and flying sand of the ocean can get old after a bit. A bar closer to the beach would be nice. The bay was large and was visited by dolphins. The water was warm and quiet. Good for little ones. The activities were superb! I am not sure what more you could ask for in this category (sailing, paddle boards, tennis, golf, volleyball, circus, shows and much more). Corrie was great at the slice bar and Katie was wonderful at the serenity bar. Thanks to Paige for all her help in watersports. The food was plentiful and high quality. It would be nice to have a few more options but we were there for 6 nights and didn't get bored. With the age ranges we were dealing with, the buffet worked out well.
We will definitely be back. The biggest plus for us was the ability to keep four kids from 3-18 entertained for the week. It was wonderful to have the family together for a great trip before the oldest leaves for college.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie