This was an incredible vacation. We had a family reunion with 25 people, ranging from 9 months to seventy two years old, and there was something for everybody. I will start with everything related to the young ones:
Club Med Sandpiper Bay is a resort geared for children. Every day except Tuesday they offer a "kids club" for babies up to ten-year-olds. Children that aren't babies or toddlers are divided into three groups: Geckos (4-5), Sharks (6-7), and Gators (8-10). Each group travels to different activities, like trapeze, circus school, pool games, team sports, and other things like art. The best part is that parents can pull their child out of the club at any time of the day, so if your child doesn't want to do pool games or trapeze, you can take them out. Also, when you are registering your child on the first day, you have the option to give your child "independence," which means they can leave whenever they want to (only for gators).
Latitude 27 is another kids club type thing for kids aged 11 to 17. They do much of the same stuff, but there is no registration and all members have freedom to leave.
The trapeze was definitely a highlight for a lot of people in our party. The kids club goes there every day and children receive instruction on how to do different routines. The trapeze professionals at the club, Russell and Chelsea, safely teach you how to do knee-hangs, backflips, and penny-rolls. The single best thing in the week was the trapeze show that is on every Wednesday night. The most proficient guests perform in the first half and Russell and Chelsea perform in the second half. It is incredible.
The two individual sports they have at Sandpiper Bay are golf and tennis. There are over twenty tennis courts and an eighteen-hole golf course with a driving range and two putting greens. For each sport they have private lessons ($125), group lessons, and free clinics. The facilities were great and the coaches were incredible (Gino at tennis and Sean at golf).
The other activities included sailing and paddle-boarding. There are three pools, the main pool, the lap pool, and the infinity pool (no kids). Again, the facilities were great. You can also swim in the lagoon, which has very warm water and white sand that they put in over the river mud.
The food there was incredible. This Club Med location is the one where they test new recipes, and everything was delicious. Breakfast was pretty normal, but also had a chef that would make custom omelettes. Lunch was also great and had a chef that would make custom paninis. Dinner was the best, and had food from chicken nuggets, to crab legs, to fish, to salad. Make a reservation for dinner, because the dining room fills up. Also, make sure to visit the Slice Bar, which houses a full bar, but serves smoothies and soda as well. The Slice Bar has themed parties every day, complete with music and drinks.
Connected to the Slice Bar is a huge theater, where they have nightly shows. One night a week, the kids from the kids club put on a show, and do a great job.
This was an incredible vacation and everyone is itching to go back to Club Med Sandpiper Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie