Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
  • Restaurant
Driftwood Motel(Jensen Beach)
View Hotel
Best Western Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
Clarion Inn(Stuart)
View Hotel
Park View Motel(Jensen Beach)
4,541 results
All reviewsmini clubkids clubadult poolall inclusive resorttennis lessonsslice barfirst clubcircus teamcalm poolevening showsall inclusiveschild carecrazy signsfamily vacationpunta canachocolate creambeach volleyball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent 5 days at Club Med Sandpiper Bay in July and had a wonderful time. Our children, ages 9 and 5 asked when we could go back again before we had even left the property on the last day. You can be as active or non-active as you want and they really do have something for everyone. The Kids Club is great and it's where my children wanted to be, so my husband and I actually got our own little vacation mixed into our family vacation.

The Kids Club is top-notch and the GO's there are terrific. My older daughter was in the 8-10 group (Gators) and she loved Court and Bree, both of whom were excellent with the kids. My younger daughter was in the 4-5 group (Gecos) and Alix and Heather were great. They keep the kids busy with activities including trapeze (the biggest hit!), circus school, pool time, sailing (4-5's don't sail), yoga, art activities and much more. The kids have the option of going back to the Kids Club to have dinner, which my 9 year-old eagerly wanted to do and then can participate in the kids nightly activity. Let me also give a shout out to James, who is second in charge at the Kids Club - what great energy and excellent interaction with the kids. My older daughter loved when she and her friends got to be his assistants for the day. James, we hope to run into you on Las Olas some time!

We spent a great deal of time at the water activities and would like to give recognition to Izzie, Paige and Don, all of whom were super friendly and helpful. Even though my husband and I didn't go on the trapeze, our kids did daily and Chelsea, Kelsey and Russell were all so wonderful with them. I took Maru's pilates class, which was lovely, and Tru's cardio class kicked my butt! His aqua aerobics class was so much fun! Tennis was good too, there are tons of courts.

There was tons of food choices at the buffet daily, at times it was overwhelming. They have all the kids favorites but then plenty of fish, veggies, salads, pasta, etc. to choose from too. The desserts were good too. I wouldn't say it was gourmet food necessarily but it was good and lots to select from.

If you are looking for 5-star room accommodations, then this isn't the place for you. The rooms are older and definitely need some updating. We stayed in the family rooms in Building A facing the water, which was perfect for us. The kids have their own alcove area with bunk beds and a thick curtain. There was tons of closet space and the room was plenty big. Even though the rooms are on the older side, you are not spending much time in your room other than changing and sleeping. It fit our purposes and I am not going to solely judge them on the rooms.

Overall, this was a great family vacation and we plan on going back again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sasha M
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been taking my kids to club med for the past 20+ years....never was tempted by sandpiper because it was not on the ocean! decided to give it a try because I was "in the area" both on labor day and this past march....there are wonderful qualities to the resort, and that one drawback of the lacking ocean!

in September, the river was closed so all the activities on the water were not available..boo. however, the pools were great the food incredible, the shows interesting and the staff, like all club meds, hard working and amazing!

it is not a big deal to drive to the beach (15 minutes away) and enjoy the ocean, but I was flying solo and it may not be as easy with kids etc. I have been to many club meds, and sandpiper bay has its charms, but I will always crave that beach!

what I do get at all club meds is the warmth and talent and skills of some very hard working g.o.'s (staff) that will make your stay an unforgettable one!!

Room Tip: if you can get one to overlook the marina that is beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This place has it all. My 3rd annual visit. Sometimes I bring my family & sometimes my friends. Always a ball! Staff are friendly and there are so many great activities. The adult infinity pool is a favorite of mine and Justine Westmoreland who worked the bar at the pool always has a smile on her face and seems to love her job. She makes great drinks too!! At Slice Bar we had another great bartender Mike Teeters who handled the mix of kids & adult crowd well. We never waited for drinks there and he was always friendly. Bella Phini in the kitchen was another standout. She is so kind and always welcomed us to the dining hall. She loves her job too!! We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi All,

We went to Club Med for 5 days late July.
Our 3 kids (from 5 to 10) my wife and I had a great time.
Where do we start?
Food: incredible variety of food with a lot of fresh meat, fish, etc. You can tell the Chefs are doing their best to please the hosts. Crab legs, foie gras, salmon, pastries, soups, you name it.
Activities: A lot of things to do for kids and adults throughout the day. We stayed busy but at the same time we did not feel rushed.
Rooms: We stayed on building E. Not the latest update but very spacious.
Nightlife: Slice bar stays open until 1am and every night there is a different theme going on.
If you are looking for all inclusive with high standards, try Sandpiper bay. Nothing can go wrong, and if it does you are on vacation so enjoy anyway.

Thank you David, Olivier, Gilles, Vashti, Hunter, Blake, Amandine, Anouck, Luis (do Brasil), Nikos at Marketplace, Russell, Lydia, the DJs and MCs and everyone else in the staff! Awesome team!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JPCVG
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Travelling from London, UK I was looking for an all-in holiday place for me and my two sons ( 7 + 14 ). This Club Med outpost seemed the only such place in Florida, so there was not much of a choice. The price is steep and publicity enticing. The reality is however very different. If star rated this wold be a 2 star, run down suburban hotel, with the feel and ambiance of a post-socialist official workers holiday place in East Africa. This for the accommodation. Then we have the food. While this place seems frequented by the French the food is at best also 2 star ( I just got tempted by a duck for my supper and it was tough like a sole of a cowboy boot…). Scrambled eggs this morning had a nasty after taste, so much so that my sons, who are scrambled egg addicts, left their portions after the first spoon. To top it up we have the internet. It is not included, which you discover only upon arrival, and you pay through your nose ( US$ 5 per hour, although you can buy access for a day or a week ). We got a 7 days deal. The fact however is that the service is so slow and so poor that I am unable to log onto my office server via VPN, which I can do from any place that I travel to, even Angola (!) and my sons are going bonkers in the rain as they cannot log into their games. To add insult to injury the bloody thing logs you out every few minutes so you lose connection and have to log in again. A total calamity in the 21st century USA ! It took me 5 re-logs to offer this review… In summary Sandpipers is not a place for people with any expectation of a reasonable, at least, standard of accommodation, food and ambiance.

Room Tip: Just do not go there ! If you end up going room 394 has western views and great sunsets, its only redeeming feature. Other than that rain water leaks into the room under the sliding door and you hear all noises and conversations from the next door room via the 'double' linking door. You get one chair for three people and run down smelly cupboards. I better stop here...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family