My family just returned from Club Med Sandpiper Bay where we celebrated my parents 50th anniversary. This was our third time there and my parents first. Overall we had a wonderful time and the resort met all of our needs. The staff is so nice and accommodating and truly want everyone to have a great time.
Pros: Staff, activities for kids including the trapeze, cleanliness and service. If you have young kids, there is no better place to vacation! Great adult Infinity pool, spa and outdoor activities
Cons: The food became monotonous after a couple of days and there is only one restaurant on site. The AC in the dining areas was not working very well and the amount of flies in the outside dining areas was bothersome. Nightly entertainment, specifically the band on the outdoor patio could be diversified more during the week. It was the same band each night.
Overall I would highly recommend this as a family destination but think it's better served for 3-5 nights as opposed to an entire week when the repetitiveness takes over.
Special shout out to Justine (I think that's her name) at the infinity pool, Helen at Slice and Nikos at the dining hall. They were awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie