“An all-inclusive family getaway.”

Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
“An all-inclusive family getaway.”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

This place was cool. There's plenty of activities for the kids, from infant to teens. The customer service from the G.O.s wasn't the greatest. The food was okay and we liked that it was a huge variety to choose from. We didn't care for the large number of flies flying around in the dining hall. The air on one side of the main dining hall was out the entire weekend. The room was clean but the resort kept running out of washcloths. Overall, it was a good place to visit.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank toysimm
clubmedofficial, Owner at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Thank you for the review! We are glad that your children enjoyed the variety of available activities, that you found your room to be clean, and enjoyed our food selection. We are very sorry to learn that you had some issues during your stay and will be working to make changes based on your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and hope that you decide to return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
  • Hebrew first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Maru is an excellent coach and pushes you to the limit at all times. She explains all the exercises very well and I have particularly enjoyed the tough class of cardio. I would recommend for anyone fit enough to try!

1 Thank helene l
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Sad to write this since I have been going for soooo many years... But the management has to do something about this as we have thought it is best for us to just call the board of health... The food has flies all over it.. The food is probably good but who wants to take a chance with flies on it.. not just 1 i am talking everywhere.....
PLEASE I BEG YOU CLUBMED SANDPIPER FIX THIS everyone was talking about it.. It felt third world and gross...
The foodmarket also seems to have 3 rooms that the AC is broken in that has led to an awful mold smell when you are walking from the patio dining to the market... My entire group was so upset.

This is the ONLY bad part of the trip..
Room was lovely
Staff was wonderful
Entertainment was top notch
All the GOs just great
Loved the resort but will never go back till they remedy this disgusting fly issue.

Room Tip: call and make sure they are dealing with the flies if not tell them to or cancel your room.
11 Thank brendaNYC
Thank you for the review. We sincerely apologize for the presence of the flies in the dining room as well as the lack of air conditioning in certain areas of the resort. We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of these issues and are extremely sorry that they inhibited your experience at Club Med Sandpiper Bay.

We are glad that you were pleased with your room and live entertainment and that our staff members could leave such a positive impact on you. We are working to correct the fly situation and would like to thank you again for providing your honest feedback!
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I would highly recommend Club Med Sandpiper for families. The Baby Club and Mini Club are really good. Piru is an excellent babysitter (baby club)
I was also impressed by the fitness level. Please take classes with a lady named Maru - her yoga, pilates, body conditioning classes are a plus. I also took a class with Mike (Golf ) and he was an excellent instructor.

Again, excellent place for families.

Please be aware that there is no ocean in the club itself in case that you are expecting a real beach. There is a lagoon

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hi, I have to tell you all about our best vacation. We just came back from a month long stay at Sandpiper Bay. This is our 5th time and every year it gets better and better. I have four teenagers. This year I had an older one and was a little concerned as to how this trip would go for her, but she hung out with the GO's they became her mates for the trip: Elsa, Molly, Lindsay, Izzy, and Courtney. Amazing girls. The circus was great Billy and his team Andrea, Ross, Chelsea and Kelsey and of course Russell with the best dreads were kind, encouraging funny and every so personable! And DJ, RL allowed my daughter to help him mix some nights at the Slice Bar. She loved that. The shows were amazing. My kids loved being in them. Ousman was impeccable with the lights. Nikos restaurant was lovely, all of types of cuisine. Jamie the waitress was so helpful, even getting me ice after a shoulder mishap! Thanks to Casey she kept my daughter running at 7am and in shape for X Country. One of my daughter's saw Courtney, the choreographer, hanging out with some little girls at 10:30pm, she told them every so sweetly that she would see them all tomorrow but she had to go to bed. My daughter said they all started crying! You see what I mean, they are a special group here! Cudos to Fernando he had the best Aqua Gym work out. My abs are still feeling it! My schedule was a 7am run, 8:15 tennis lesson, 9:15 golf lesson, 11:45 Aqua Size watch the pool show and then lunch! It just works, it works better than anyplace else! If you love sports, go see Gino at Tennis and Marie Claire at Golf. They have great advice! If you have kids, like being active, you are crazy to think about any place else to vacation!

See you guys next year!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with young kids, stay closer to the main area, if you are just adults go furthe...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the incredible review! We would love to have you and your family return for a sixth visit! We are thrilled to learn that you and your teenagers remained entertained during the entire month of your stay at Club Med Sandpiper Bay. We are very pleased to hear that our G.Os could so positively contribute to your vacation experience and that you all enjoyed the live entertainment and the circus program, golf, tennis, and fitness classes!
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This all inclusive resort was just wonderful. Food was excellent at every meal, every day! It's really geared towards families but we had a great time anyway. They do have an adults only pool area that was vey relaxing with a great view. Staff was awesome and very friendly. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rosey724
Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled to learn that you were pleased with the available food and that you enjoyed the pool area and interactions with our staff members. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Club Med Sandpiper Bay again soon!
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have been visiting Club Med resorts for years! This is my fist visit to the Club Med San Piper Bay. I took a vacation this year with my granddaughter. When we arrived we were greeted with the same wonderful welcoming, as with all the Club Med Resorts I have visited. Our bags were delivered to our room. When we arrived to our room, Family Club Room, Bay View, we were really excited to see that we had been upgrade to the Deluxe Room.( This was partial due to the fact that my husband and I have been Club Med members for years and are Gold Members) it is up to the manager of the resort and my Granddaughter and I were certainly grateful for the upgrade! The Deluxe Family Room comes with nightly bed turndown with a chocolate on your pillow and a refrigerator full of drinks of your choice.

The resort was beautiful! The restaurants décor was great and the food, delicious. The only thing that was difficult, was deciding what to eat!! Thank goodness they had plenty of activities to burn off all those calories!!

There are so many activities for the children! They have their only area on the resort with a water park, trapeze, circus, arts and crafts. Let's just say, their are never bored! The are also many activities for the Adults, there is even a private pool for Adults only with a bar, just in case you need to relax.

This is a must for anyone with children or grandchildren!! You will have the time of your life and the price is very reasonable when you consider it is all inclusive and if you must fly there, as we had to, then book it with Club Med and all the transfers to the resort are included as well.

Book your trip, you will not regret it!!

Room Tip: Bay View is very nice, you may even see a Dolphin!! All room are quiet, once you close your door. I...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tracie P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
#12 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lu...
#3 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Old Colorado Inn
Old Colorado Inn
#1 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!