“Just don't go there”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
new york
“Just don't go there”
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I didn't really like this hotel. The location not charm, the service... there is one?
It's better to take out the Best of "Best Western"....

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank lipszyc1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Stopped at Best Western Port St. Lucie on our way from Orlando to Key West. My wife and I had just flown in from Canada the day before and were taking a tour of Southern Florida. We stayed at the Best Western and were so impressed with the hotel we delayed our journey and stayed two extra days. Thanks to Dan at the front desk, a real gentleman!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 1 March 2009

My grandma spends half of the year in Port St. Lucie, and myself, my dad, my stepmom and stepbrother were there for a visit. Unfortunalty, for the first two nights in Florida, my dad's Aunt & Uncle were staying at grandma's condo, so we decided to stasy here for two nights. What a good choice. The parents got one room, while my stepbrother and I got our own room. Awesome, I know. The room was spacious and had two tv sets (we both like to watch different things), two good size beds that were really comfortable. Room desk had plenty of literature about BW and the surrounding area. Bathroom was great for being a hotel bathroom. Had a little dust, but nothing horrifying. Room had typical hotel room styling. Nice furniture that was different in ours than that in our parents' room. The pool was great. And we all needed a good swim! My stepbro lost a pair of goggles there, and we tried asking one of the employees if they had anything, to no avail, though. There is only two things I thought this hotel can fix. Each night we stayed at the room, we both needed two new room keys. Why? Second, the hotel facade is...pink. Not my favorite color, but who really cares about the hotel's outside color. Hotel was VERY easy to get to (practically in the middle of US 1!). It's not on the beach, but in this hotel's case, it doesn't really matter! BTW, I think that the R.J. Gators, for some reason or anouther, has closed. I highly recommend this hotel for the Port St. Lucie/Stuart traveler!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bigredspx
Portrush, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2009

we were looking for a stopover on route from The keys to orlando and chose port st lucie so a long drive to airport would not be required on our last day, hotel was very easy found on the main road, the roooms had a very slightly musty smell but not enough to put you off, other than that they were spotless with loads of towels and toiletries coffee etc, the pool was brilliant and the spa lovely and hot, the breakfast was fine for the type, all in all a good choice and would stay again with no hesitation.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Rantoul, IL
Reviewed 12 October 2008

My sister and I had to stay several days in the Port St. Lucie area due to a death in the family so we could make final arrangements. The management gave us a 15% discount on the room for bereavement and the staff was very friendly during our stay. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and well stocked. They had a full staff on hand and you could tell because the facility was spotless. Thanks for a great experience during a difficult time!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 9 October 2008

We have just come back from an excellent stay at the Best Western in Port St Lucie.

Like other reviewers have already said, the rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is plentiful and while we were there (off season) the breakfast area was never crowded.

Pool & spa pool were nice and clean, and open til 10pm so nice for an evening dip.

With free internet access, and great location for the Port St Lucie/Stuart area I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — only three pillows - not four!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LydR
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Spent 6 nights here on business in May. Rooms not modern but very comfortable and kept very clean. Ordinary standard continental breakfast but constantly replenished by staff assigned to the room, never let anything run out. Helpful and friendly front desk staff. Nice clean pool area. Even though hotel is right off highway US1, not overly noisy. Convenient to RJ Gators restaurant next door, easy walk through parking lot. Only complaint is no pet policy which is the only reason I would not be able to stay when I have my dogs along, otherwise I would stay here before some of the more modern, up-to-date looking hotels that look better on the surface. Wonderful place to stay in Port St Lucie area.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — No pet policy
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business