“If filth, mold , mildew, bugs(live & dead)and outdated is what you are looking for, this has that and so much more!!!”

Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Upon arrival you have to laugh. They make it sound so plush and desirable, over looking the Golf course. You would need a telescope to see the golf course. The view is of an access road, a guard gate house to the Residents of the PGA Village and the back yard of The homeowners of Tompson Point. No golfing there, just grass and a man made lake. If you wanted to sit outside please be prepared for the dirty patio, furniture and screening(you can actually see mold growing on the screen). Will say management bends over backwards, but when 2 maids spend 2 hours together to clean, and they left the dead bugs as well as the live ones. The maid told me to go find a different hotel, how gracious of her, and she still has a job. This is A TIMESHARE. Far from the Luxury Resort they portray. They think if they comp you a couple of night the bugs and mold goes away. Nope a dump at best. Bedding was the only part of the property that lived up to advertisements. I don't expect broken tiles covered in mold appropriate for a SPG stay, nor having to shower with crocs on to avoid the bugs. At the very least they were honest, they could never live up to my standard of living, I am not use to slumming it. Across the street, the Hilton may not have views but the rooms were clean, no mold, no mildew, no bugs, what a pleasant surprise

Room Tip: any room at any other resort would be better
Green Features: Yeah for them, they spend less time cleaning, i saw nothing but very lazy maids not do there job right to begin with
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank private p
chris_egan, General Manager at Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us on Trip Advisor. Your experience from your review is not a typical experience here at Sheraton PGA. We pride ourselves in delivering first class accommodations with very high cleaning standards. Please give us another opportunity to prove we are by far the best resort located in the PGA Village.

Chris Egan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Formby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

yet again another great stay at the PGA. Not sure what more I can say that I haven't said previously. Great place, great pool, great staff. Late check in after the flight from the UK and drive down from Orlando but had no issues with this and the staff on duty made check in quick and simple.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
chris_egan, General Manager at Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor again. We are pleased to read this is your second stay with us and you enjoyed the amenities. We are looking forward to seeing you back here with us in the very near future.

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I hate to give reviews no matter how bad or good my experience is but .. I like the location of this resort, however I never got to see the room. I called before booking and ask to get a 2PM checkin as I was driving up and would need a shower before i attend a wedding. I was more than willing to pay extra but was advise not necessary as I would be able to get in by them. I wasnt planning on staying overnight just needed the shower. Got there around 2:30 and was told the room is not ready due to previous guest leaving it a mess. I explained that I only need a shower I dont plan to stay overnight and plan to be at a wedding for 4PM. I booked the room for that purpose and convenience. The agent informed me the 2PM wasnt a guarantee, the checkin is 4PM. Now had I been told this on the phone that there was no guarantee, I wouldnt have booked the room and search for other hotels or alternatives. Strangely enough someone else had just checked in prior. I do understand all the rooms specials based on where you purchase it then you are assigned a particuliar room. But I was more than willing to pay more to get a room, but was told that they were fully booked, however I went to the car and used my phone and ofcourse there was rooms available at higher rate for that night. We ended up at a McDonalds bathroom and got the wedding at 4:45 and never saw my sister walk down the isle. Maybe I will use them in the future when I am not that time constraint or have something that important to attend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
chris_egan, General Manager at Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for posting your stay with us on Trip Advisor where the gift of feedback is invaluable. As this resort is currently running at very high occupancy, I apologize we were unable to provide you with and early check-in experience. There are many times throughout the year where we do provide early check-ins. This resort has 3 different room types and the guests that were offered an early check-in, was probably assigned to a different room type than what you reserved. If a clean unit was available we would have been more than pleased to issues you keys. Again, thank you for posting on Trip Advisor and we are in hopes you return back in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Got this place on priceline and was very very pleased. The room was huge. Seperate bedroom, full kitchen' a for 98 a night! Shower was somewhat noisey but not a big issue close to everything and right off of 95. Will defiantly be back!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank kevin t
chris_egan, General Manager at Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us on Trip Advisor. As you wrote, the units are very spacious with well-appointed kitchens. We are close to everything and right off I-95 as you posted. We look forward to your return visit with us again soon.

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2014

As a Starwood Member, I made the reservation directly in hopes I could explain why I needed a ground level unit, (they are hard to come by). Excellent service both on the phone and upon arrival to the Villa. We were a couple hours early for check in, but Hillary searched and worked until she found us a unit. My husband has dementia, it was important to have a large room , I had rented a premium Villa, fully equipped unit , I was so happy to know a W&D was in the unit, it made the trip so much easier. We were there 7 days,enjoyed the Lani , the location was excellent, very quite ( which was of the utmost importance). Everyone from the front desk staff to all of the employees, welcomed our Emotional Support Dog. The grounds were immaculate , pool was big. I would have given 5 stars, but the unit could have used a better cleaning, the pantry floor was filled with, what looked like, someone swiped the kitchen floor and just hid it in the pantry. Carpet in bedroom was dirty. Over all , I would recommend to visitors of Port St Lucie, also I would stay again, my next visit.

Room Tip: First floor units are very convenient and quite.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GKD2012
chris_egan, General Manager at Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for posting your recent stay with us at Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read Hillary was able to provide you with an early check-in experience. As you posted, each villa comes with a fully equipped kitchen and even a washer and dryer. The swimming pool is extremely large and we are pleased to read you are recommending this resort for future travelers. Thanks again for posting on Trip Advisor and we hope to see you once again in the near future.

South Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Loved our stay so much last year when we attended our daughter's tennis tournament at the nearby Club Med, that we are returning this weekend again for her tournament this year!

I also recommended this property to other families coming to the tournament, as it's a great alternative to the usual hotels or even suite-hotels. Not sure why this isn't #1 in Port St. Lucie, other than that it's a hidden gem, and most people probably look for hotels, when this property is more like a very small golf villa community.

We stayed in a 2-bedroom apartment/villa (it's way more than a hotel room!), and the rate was a bargain, equivalent actually to a standard hotel, so this made way more sense for what you get.

Great FULL kitchen with a countertop, plus a washer and dryer in the unit. The living area is large, with a full dining table - not just a little banquet area - two large bathrooms with a whirlppol tub, large bedrooms, and everything is really nicely appointed and clean. Nice patio to sit outside in the morning and have a cup of coffee and listen to the birds.

Not having restaurants onsite is no problem when you have a full kitchen and there are plenty of restaurants of all types just a short drive away.

The property itself is quiet and serene, on the edge of a golf course. HUGE swimming pool that even had a billiards table outside and an oversized chess set, so we had lots of fun right at the pool after returning from the tennis matches.

Great service at the front desk, very courteous, helping us find local tennis courts to play on, and providing pool towels and the cue sticks and balls for shooting pool outdoors!

Really looking forward to this weekend and experiencing the resort again.

Room Tip: Get the 2-bedroom. It's huge and a great value.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pbarbanes_com
Its reviews like the one you posted on Trip Advisor that General Managers live for! What a great way to start off a busy week when I read such an awesome review that you took the time to post. The huge climate controlled swimming pool is almost 100,000 gallons for only 42 villas. Never a need to get up at 7:00am to reserve a pool lounge chair, never crowded and at times you have the swimming pool all to yourself. Thanks again for posting on Trip Advisor and hope you return back with us in the near future.

Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great Units with beautiful landscaping, Nice pool, clean. Jacuzzi tub. Friendly, quiet environment, relaxing. Great customer service. Pool towels that you can take to the beach if you want. Even the small 1 bedroom units are nice, with a fridge and a small stove to make breakfast if you want. Easy access from the highway. Close to lots of restaurants, and shopping, including Walmart. About half hour to Hutchinson Island beach. I have nothing but great thing to say about the place. Good for golfers and families, business or just to enjoy the area. No restaurant on site, but you do have an apartment, and everything is close. Didn't bother us one bit.....

Green Features: See hotel for details. Have no thoughts on environmental practices. See hotel for details. Have no thoughts on environmental practices. See hotel for details. Have no thoughts on environmental practices.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us on Trip Advisor. You did an excellent job describing our resort and surrounding areas. As you stated, this is a golfer paradise and we have excellent restaurants close by. We look forward to your next stay with us, hopefully in the very near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#5 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lu...
#4 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Vistana Beach Club
Vistana Beach Club
#1 of 1 in Hutchinson Island

Been to Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas? Share your experiences!