“"Not bad Greek"”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Charlottesville, Virginia
“"Not bad Greek"”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Overall average though I did like the nice boneless pork chop with broccoli I had. They served a good size chop grilled well and loved that the broccoli was sauteed in salt and olive oil. Often places serve just steamed veggies. A little salt, olive oil and garlic never hurt in my book. My husband had a good size Greek salad with chicken. He liked it. We love Greek food especially tzatziki. I make it often even when not making Greek food. Their tzatziki wasn't great. No seasoning other than dill which I am not a fan of; no cucumber either. Overall, ok.

• Visited March 2013

Stuart, Florida
“Great Family Restaurant, good food, friendly fast service and clean as a whistle”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stopped here because we saw a coupon in the paper but we will definitely come back. I had the lamb shank and it was fresh and tasty. The green beans were perfectly done and not mushy and the roasted potatoes were done perfectly. The dinner came with soup or salad. We tried both and they were very good. I don't like heavy salt and all the food had great flavor without the heavy salt taste. Didn't try the desserts but they had a great selection. Open 7 days for breakfast lunch or dinner. They are a 1/2 mile north of Pt St. Lucie Blvd on the west side. I will come back whenever I am on the north side of the mall.

• Visited March 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“It was good”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I'm sure as they stay open longer all will improve. Food was awesome. The service was good. We enjoyed our time

Visited October 2012
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Don't go out of your way.”
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Glass of vinegar wine...I informed the waitress that the wine may have gone bad (I knew it had). She returns to tell me that it was opened only an hour ago and that it was just a dry style. I of course just said "ok"...but I know the diff btw dry wine and vinegar...this was by far not my first glass/bottle of wine. Second the "greek" salad....I agree with the other reviewer...if i wanted lettuce tomato cucumber feta .... and i had to ask my husband twice if there really was any salad dressing on the salad...I could have done better at home and I am not Greek....I appreciate quality and pay attention to detail. Ok now the appetizer spanakopita ... should have been crispy phyllo dough with wonderful spinach etc inside...well it was presented to us with both edges/ends burnt and the center barely warm...which meant the phyllo dough was uncooked/not flaky but tough. The simple gyro entree. The filling/meat etc was ok..bland as many other reviewers commented.. the pita was "toasted" on the grill which apparently had not been cleaned because though the pita was not burnt but the burnt flavor of the grill was very apparent. The kicker is that we brought this to the attention of the waitress. She informed the kitchen and returned to tell us that the chef was training someone and he will have to watch him closer. Ok I don't know if this is true or not but if was true how well was this trainee being trained and how good is this cook at training? Either way, I believe the lady that brought us our uncooked/yet burnt appetizer actually served it to us...????Does this tell me she is ok with serving this quality? Apparently. Too many other wonderful restaurants to choose to trade my working dollars for.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Not such nice people there!”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Went in with 6 of us and they were very crowded but we decided to wait. After well over an hour a table big enough for us came up but before we could be seated a customer from the next table took half our table and added it to theirs for friends who had just arrived. We complained to the hostess and a waiter and a few minutes later the owner came out and told us to leave his restaurant. We were very embarrassed but he never even asked us what was the problem, just screamed for us to leave.
Someone needs to teach this man some manners and how to treat his customers.
We will not return. We did however find a nice Greek restaurant A couple of blocks away and had a very nice dinner and some excellent entertainment as well!! Try them first.

• Visited February 2013