“My weekly treat”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Twistee Treat
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I remember visiting with Mom and Dad in FL and always going to Twistee Treat for an ice cream cone. It made me think of summer in February. I ordered small half and half, and now that I live here, stop by each weekend for the same!
It brings back good memories, and the place is an icon along Rte 1. Staff is friendly and the ice cream is smooth and very creamy. My favorite treat.
Sure wish it could be open more than just the weekends, would love to see it open daily. I live on the other side of town in St. Lucie West, but it's worth the trip!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I own a small retirement home in Kings Isle, St. Lucie West...whole review there place is awesome. But I digress, we are in Florida maybe two weeks a year and every time we are on route 1 we check to see if Twistee Cone is open for business. Their soft serve is extremely creamy and full of flavor and when you top it off with a dip....just heavenly. I wish people would support this business more, it is so old Florida and we cannot afford to loose any of these kitschy buildings that are left.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

This place brings back memories of summer time when the ice cream stand opened up for business and everyone in town would line up for a treat. Florida has ice cream stands year round and it seems like people don't crave it. I guess since you can get it all of the time it doesn't matter anymore. I can only figure the heat keeps people away. If the lights are on and we are passing by we will stop. Yum!

1  Thank azzabar
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I were on vacation for Mets spring training. Twistee Treat was right down the block from our hotel (Best Western Port St. Lucie...excellent stay). The building is actually shaped like an ice cream cone. He and I decided one night that we would get some ice cream (Sunday) and to go to Twistee Treat. The menu is small,but def. satisfies your ice cream fix. You have your choices of cones, dips, floats and sundaes. We both decided to try a dip cone. He got a chocolate cone dipped in raspberry and I got a vanilla cone dipped in butterscotch. They were pretty big cones and delicious. What was even better was the price. For the quantity of ice cream it cost us $5.00 for both cones. We also went a second time(Friday) and he got a large chocolate sundae with strawberries it was huge and I got another dip cone. The price was $6.50. My only problem was that they weren't opened everyday (this girl loves her ice cream) just the weekends Fri-Sun 11a-10p. Hopefully when we come back next year it will be opened more days.

1  Thank Stephie4821