“BEWARE OF HIDDEN CHARGES!”

Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
“BEWARE OF HIDDEN CHARGES!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Advertised as a place for business personnel with a business center with printers and fax machine, free wireless and a BIG RIP OFF PHONE CALL CHARGES! Surprise surprise. Hidden phone call charges, because there is nothing in the whole room or check in papers, not even in the small prints, they charge outrageous fees for phone calls. Plus room smelled bad, spa wasn't working and pool had dead frog inside. However, staff was very courteous.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank zen06
PGAHotel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I want to ensure you that the hotel does everything possible to disclose any fees associated with the amenities that we provide. In an effort to disclose the costs associated with placing phone calls, a dialing information and rate card is located next to each phone in the guest room. I apologize for any confusion that resulted from the phone call charges that you incurred and can assure you that the hotel works hard to ensure that we are not deceiving our guests. We strive to maintain our guest rooms and pool areas beyond the expectations of our guests and can assure you that the issues you experienced during your stay have been remedied and will not occur again. I appreciate your review as it provides the feedback that we need to consistently provide an exceptional guest experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was my first stay at the Hilton Gardens Inn, and this will be the hotel that I stay on when I return to this area on business. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and nothing compares to the awesome accommodations that I had here. The staff was top-notch and went out of their way to make sure that you are taking care of. The room was very clean which tells me that staff is well trained and committed to excellence. The bed was fantastic and I have to say it is the best I've slept in a very long time. I travel 4 to 5 days a week for business every week and I felt very rested and energized the next morning after sleeping on their bed. I have always been a Marriott and Hilton fan, but after this experience Marriott needs to step up their game. Keep up the great work! If there is anyone traveling to this area, this is a must stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Wray S
Miami, FL
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I just completed a 3 night stay at the PGA Hilton Garden Inn and what a delight it was. The rooms are lovely...from the exceptionally comfortable beds with the clean duvets to the ultra-clean bathrooms and free Internet/WiFi...this beats out many a 5 Star Hotel I've stayed in recently. The room just smelled so clean and I had lovely view over a tropical courtyard and pool. Carla, the Sales Director along with Junior at the Front Desk and everyone else I ran into were so very professional and helpful...they all made my stay a wonderful one. The lobby when you walk in is so beautiful and again, it really feels like a 5 Star Resort. Also, the Meeting spaces are great along with the Business Center. Sam Snead's next door is the perfect spot for any meal or a drink and I had the best steak I've had in awhile. Richard the bartender shouldn't be missed! Without a doubt, this should be your Port St. Lucie and Treasure Coast choice! Thank you staff for making my 3 days so very enjoyable!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rebecca M
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I give this Hilton Garden Inn a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10.
Yes the beds and sheets are comfy and the price so right. However, stopping in for one night, I felt like everywhere I turned, the staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating: Junior at the front desk had made my reservation and was so friendly and welcoming when we arrived. Richard in the adjacent restaurant brewed a pot of late night coffee for my friend and I well after hours....with humor and a big smile!! When we had a minor glitch with our room at check- in, we were immediately moved to another room and the Manager brought us a gift bag filled with water and goodies. The next morning, we did not make it down in time for breakfast ---but Chef Bernard bent the rules when our lovely server Kiera asked him and ..... He made my eggs and toast!!
Ahhhh thank you to the nicest gem of a hotel with amazing staff!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Loren L
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was the 1st time I ever traveled to the Port Saint Lucie area. Even though this area doesn't have that, that much to do, the hotel made up for it. It was really clean and everybody was nice and and gave exceptional service. Anywhere you would go all the employees gave you a "Good Morning" or "Have a good night". Two employees that really went above and beyond was Junior, AKA: J.R. He would always try his best and would resolve things to suit our needs in the hotel, and guide us to good places to go within the surroundings of the hotel. And the employee that checked us in, I don't know her name exactly, but it started with an "I", something like "Ingred", helped us out a bunch with our stay. I am 110% glad I chose this hotel! Will visit again!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank danilollorca
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable, but are nearing an update on furnishings. Overall though, we had a great stay and recommend this hotel to those traveling I-95.

• Stayed July 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was on a trip to help my sister move into her new home in PGA Village. This hilton garden inn is located right at the entrance to the community and was a lovely way to be close and yet on my own.

Lovely staff, great amenities - i was able to print my boarding passes for return flights. Internet is wireless and easy to hook into. Pool area is lovely - air conditioning works great in public areas and in rooms. Room was spacious and very clean. I would rate this hotel 9 if combining amenities/cleanliness/value - limited areas for eating - however directly across the highway (US 95) there are tons of places to eat in or take out.

Room Tip: If i had to make one recommendation - eating options limited on site - so stop at some point and pic...