“Stay someplace else”

Perfect Drive Vacation Rentals
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Stay someplace else”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We booked thru Hotels.com for a week over Thanksgiving. The off site check-in office was hard to find after dark. It was closed but an after hours number was on the door. Then finding the building and unit in the dark was harder. The room was a lock out bedroom for a larger second floor unit. The room was infested with sugar ants around and under the sinks. Two attempts at correction by management failed. Cleanliness is obviously not important to them as evidenced by the dirty Kleenex under one bed, the bugs squashed on the wall covering in the bath room, no-so-clean bathroom floor and the spent chewing gum stuck on the AC outlet. The unit was poorly furnished with a iron burn in the carpet, a very small TV tucked up in a high corner near the ceiling, poor bedding and no mattress covers. Mold on the shower door track and the tub caulking was paired with rust through of the tub enamel. The noisy refrigerator and ceiling fan were annoying. The missing sink stopper and shower door track guide matched the sparsely furnished kitchen ware. If you add the cost of breakfast to their room rate we could have stayed at nearby national chain properties that provides food. Good hot water supply and nice landscaping outside. Quiet this time of year.

Room Tip: Book for only two or three days and then extend if you are satisfied. Look at room before accepting...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank ThnxVztor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I just returned yesterday from my trip to Perfect Drive Golf Villas. I am a baseball coach and every year we bring our team down for spring training and for the past two years we have stayed here at Perfect Drive. I couldn't have asked for a better week. With temps in the 80s and baseball on the horizen, I felt like I was going to Heaven, maybe I did.

I was staying in suite 9862 with two other coaches who accompanied me on the trip. In this suite, there were two separate bedrooms with two beds in each. Unfortuanately I had to share a room. We arrived at the villa on wednesday afternoon and all was well. After practicing with the squad and grabbing a bite to eat, we returned to our room. One thing was strange though, the back door to our room was open. Neither of us had been outside that door and having children of our own, we both would of noticed if the door had been open. I suppose that it could have just been ajar and blew open so neither of us paid much attention to it.

Thursday was another great day in sunny Florida. It was in the high 80s and we swept our double header. This was a great way to start the season. Came back went for a swim had dinner with the other coaches and called it a night. That night changed everything! Friday morning my other coach, we'll call him Utah, approached me in the room and said "I have to tell you something and you are not going to like it" He proceeded to tell me that last night around 2 AM, he got up to use the restroom. While in the restroom he "felt a presence behind him" At first he thought it was me messing with him but when he turned around he saw a male figure in a grey shirt. As a complete non believer in such things he was reluctant to tell me. As he was telling me this I was getting goosebumps because, pardon the expression, he looked like he had seen a ghost.

Friday was another great day of weather and baseball. Grabbed some food and called it a night. This time I had the run in with "Leland" as we now refer to him. I was in a deep sleep and at about 3AM I awoke and started yelling loudly. I am not sure what caused me to start yelling but I do not have a habit of doing this so I am not sure what caused it. Leland???

Saturday, again great day with the weather, baseball and food. Watched some basketball on TV and headed to be around 11. Once again, around 4 AM this night I awoke. I was in a deep sleep when all of a sudden I leapt out of bed. Far enough to land on my roommate's bed, a good 5 feet away. The only way I can describe why I woke up is to use the phrase from the movie "Top Gun", buzz the tower. I felt like something buzzed by my head and rubbed up against it. I could feel it and even more intense was the sound of it passing by.

All in all, I would say my trip to Florida was, pardon the pun, "eye opening". I couldn't have asked for anything better in terms of baseball, the weather and the memories. I just think that next year I will stay in another Villa, and let someone else experience "Leland" in Villa 9862. Other than "Leland" the rooms were amazing. Clean, spacious and very accomodating. Great views of the course with a nice pool and a hot tub. I highly reccommend Perfect Drive Villas. If anyone reading this has had a similar experience at Perfect Drive plese post. I would love to hear your story and compare.

Coach

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 4 December 2010

We booked this 2 bedroom, ground floor condo through TAN (unit 8316). It is a lock-out unit,but we had both sides, which made the condo feel spacious. The unit has 2 1/2 baths. The main side has a full kitchen, nice furniture (not typical rental type furniture), a big dining room table, a screened in porch that overlooks a grassy yard and a canal. The yard and canal are what separates you from the golf course....a pretty view. I would not book just the 1 bedroom side by itself as that kitchen only has a small fridge and a microwave and coffeemaker, and a tiny bistro table with 2 hard wooden chairs to sit on. The unit is in the Castle Pines area and the grounds are well maintained. The pool and hot tub are really big and very nice. The only down side to this 2 bedroom unit is that although the 2 bedrooms are quite large, there are 2 queen beds in each of them, which would be fine if you don't mind sharing a bedroom with another couple, friends, or kids. The living room area is kind of small, but was perfect for us (a couple). Four would also work in the unit but if 8 people occupied the 4 beds in there, it would be way too crowded in the living room. The washer and dryer (full size) are outside, only about 3 steps from the front door. This was a really nice condo and we'd stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ocean_Lover99
New York
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I booked two rooms in this village thru orbitz.com and saw that the price was cheap considering it was supposed to be a nice location. When we got to the check in office the girl at the desk was clueless and had no idea what she was doing. While we waited for 15 minutes for her to register us she went ahead and took care of a customer that came after us. We originally booked two rooms and asked her if we could switch to a 2 bedroom be cause we
Have four children. This threw her off completely. She ended up giving us a room upstairs and placing our kids downstairs. First of all the rooms are tiny second of all there was no water in the upstairs room. Online it says there is a washer/dryer in the villa but it's located outside the room where u have to do the laundry in 95 degree weather. Usually I am not a complainer but this experience was terrible. We had to call to complain, took our luggage and 4 kids to the main office which is a five minute drive away. The young girl offered us an upgrade to a two bedroom. If it were traveling alone I would have gotten a refund and ran away as quickly as possible. This experience reminds me why you shouldn't go for something when it looks too good to be true.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank Eliqum00
Chellval68, Owner at Perfect Drive Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, 9 August 2010
Thank you for your review. The situation you encountered is highly unusual for our property and I sincerely apologize for a less than perfect experience. Please be assured that senior management is looking into the issues you experienced and will take appropriate measures to rectify similar occurences in the future. It is our ultimate goal and usual standard to provide exceptional customer service. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Michelle Valvano, Owner

Travellers are raving about these Port Saint Lucie hotels

Delaware
Reviewed 14 June 2009

We stayed at a 2 bedroom condo in the Perfect Drive Villas for a 3 day golf weekend among friends and were extremely pleased with the entire experience. The condo was up to date, in good condition, clean, had a large flat screen TV, new appliances, a nice screened porch, 3 bathrooms, a large walk in shower, and 2 entrances.

As it was mid June in Florida, we had almost the entire place to ourselves. I can imagine during peak season, the area in the villas can get extremely congested. For us though it was very quiet.

The only minor inconvenience was the check in as it was a 5 minute drive from the grounds. But, other than that, the whole experience was exactly what we needed.

As for those saying there is nothing to do in PSL, it is true that you cannot walk down the street to 5-10 different bars, restaurants, or clubs. But, like most of Florida, if you are willing to drive out to Stuart or Jensen Beach, there are plenty of fun spots. Its not Miami Beach for sure, but there was enough to do for 3 nights

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Chellval68, Owner at Perfect Drive Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, 16 October 2009
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Unfortunately, zoning issues will not allow our rental office on-site, but we are still pursuing the issue.

Michelle Valvano
Owner
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 10 March 2008

We went to the PGA Village just after New Year's day for my son to tune up his game prior to the spring college season. The practice facilities are outstanding, and the Perfect Drive Villas are a very convenient base for golf and practice.
Check-in at the Villas was odd in a strange location, but they were preparing to move to new quarters and it should be much easier to find them now.
The villa was a typical rental condo, like you would find near a ski resort. Everything was pretty well beat-up: holes in walls, stains on carpet. We chose the one-bedroom configuration and my son was supposed to sleep on the sleeper sofa, but it was unusable- a steel support bar pushed right into the middle of his back through the worn-out mattress. Unlike some reviews I wouldn't call it clean; the shower really made me want to wear sandals and I do seem to recall that my wife came down with athlete's foot afterward. And that reminds me- no bathtub. The kitchen was very serviceable with the basic cookware and crockery. The unit had a nice screen porch overlooking one of the golf courses.
All in all, if we were going back to the PGA Village I would still stay there, but I think we will look elsewhere for a better combination of practice facilities and accommodations.

• Liked — Spacious, good kitchen, good location
  • Disliked — Worn out, not very clean, no bathtub, no wifi or direct internet connection,
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chellval68, Michelle Valvano, Owner at Perfect Drive Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, 16 October 2009
Thank you for your review. Please be assured that we have taken many steps since your stay to ensure consistent cleanliness standards in all of our villas. We invite you to come back and enjoy our southern hospitality.
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2007

We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa (Castle Pines section) Sat. - Mon.
Staff was OUTSTANDING from very first call to book with them all the way through our departure. I mean it, these folks were beyond nice.
The villa was clean and well supplied. There was plenty of space for just the two of us. We had two friends over for dinner our first night and there was lots of room for the four of us. Neighborhood was VERY quite. If you're looking for a party atmosphere this isn't the place. Great for family's and couples who are looking to wind-down and relax.
Besides golf there's not a whole lot to do in the area. While my other half spent the day golfing at St. James, I spent the day at The Sanctuary Spa at Tradition (less than 10 mins. from the villa) which was wonderful and also had a friendly, courteous staff.
We really enjoyed our stay here - it's nothing fancy or pretentious. If you're looking for an alternative to a hotel stay I would definitely suggest this place!

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank PamiMiami
Thank you for your review. Hope to see you again soon. Next time try Fusion Salon and Spa only 3 minutes from the villas.