“Dissappointed!”

El Cubanito Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$100
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban, Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Dissappointed!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Finally stopped in for dinner after passing the place for a year. The food was marginal. I ordered the pork dinner and didn't realize it would be "pulled pork" and it was very dry. I commented to the server and she brought it back and when it came back it was moist. It was better, but still nothing to write home about! I order the side of relleno de papa and they were pretty good (not as tasty as Puerto rican ones, I might add!), The plantains were very greasy. My husband' said his Cuban sandwich was of the same quality as Publix. The servers were very nice and the place was clean. I expected more from reading reviews on this place. I will not be back.

• Visited March 2014

“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Great meal with very good service all the family really enjoyed there meal with home made sangria and fresh bread. Authentic Cuban food we loved it.

Fort Pierce, Florida
“Gets better by the day.”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

El Cubanito has shown the power to stay in business delivering Cuban food that gets better by the day. The Kitchen has slowly learned how to cook and present their dishes. The lunch menu is an exceptional value. The food is not up to Miami's hyper tastes of garlic, oregano, msg and salts. However, very satisfying and a great value. The Vaca Frita and Ropa Vieja are a good example of well executed dishes. The Lechon is still hit or miss. The Cuban sandwich is a little disappointing. Not a bad sandwich, but missing the proper Cuban bread, the mustard and the pickles. The waitress just said "well we don't make it that way". This tells me that she does not share customer input with the kitchen staff. This is clearly a restaurant run from the kitchen with no idea what goes in the dining room. The wait staff is always different. Their wait staff offers no consistentcy and lack knowledge of their menu. They do get an A- in effort.

1 Thank Habuylla
Jupiter, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Time Eating Cuban Food”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was my first time eating Cuban Food in a Cuban restaurant. My dinner was delicious. I obviously do not have anything to compare it to because I'm a newbie to Cuban food...However, I know good food when I taste it. The house hot sauce was awesome. Service was great and I thought the prices were good. If I'm in the area again I will definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“worth trying”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Most things on the menu are very well priced. Good food, friendly servers. Definitely a good place for families. I wish the menu better explained what each item was, I'm not very familiar with Cuban food. The flan was awesome.