“Great place to stay in Port St Lucie”

SpringHill Suites Port St. Lucie
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The staff was friendly; the room was very spacious and clean. The breakfast was great as well. Don't hesitate staying there. There is also an Outback Steakhouse and Chili's just a few feet away.

Room Tip: My room had a separate area with a couch, chair and flatscreen, in addition to the one in the sleepi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Port St. Lucie

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayted at the SpringHill Marriott in Port St Lucie from April 5-8th, 2012. This hotel was a great! We had a room with 2 double beds and a sofa pull out. It was my husband and I and our 4 kids - the room was spacious and clean!! The front desk and staff were friendly. We enjoyed our stay there very much! It is located in St Lucie West near lots of attractions and food :) We will stay here again!

Room Tip: we called the hotel directly and got a better rate than what was advertised on hotels.com or an of t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I must preface this review by stating that I am involved in the travel business, and spend approximately 100 nights a year in hotels. 90% of my stays are in so-called luxury hotels throughout Europe.
When I was asked to lead a trip to Port St Lucie with a baseball team, I was very concerned. Having never been to PSL, I immediately began my homework with regards to hotels and restaurants.
I never had a choice with regards to which hotel the camp assigned my group, so my homework on the hotel front was very quick. We had been assigned the Springhill Suites. I immediately researched as much as possible about the hotel.
I am a firm follower of TripAdvisor, and after reading some of the reviews, I was a little concerned as to where I was heading. However, not having much choice, I decided to go with an open mind.
I stayed 5 nights at this location and cannot believe some of the reviews previously read. The first plus about the hotel were the staff. I have truly stayed in 5 star hotels throughout the world, but have never been treated so well by an entire group. Due to scheduling, I spent a great deal of time in the lobby area, witnessing a group of employees going above and beyond with/for every single guest.
I have noticed some negative comments about the staff which really confuse me. Dealing with a variety of guests (mainly high school baseball players), not once did I hear them say no to anything. I found them to be courteous, conscientious, and best of all, friendly!
My room was exactly what I expected for the price I paid. The bed was clean, the bathroom was spotless (with a few signs of age), and the general state of the room was in good condition. I have never stayed in a Springhill Suite prior, so was interested to see what determined it being a suite. Similar to previous reviews, there was a small kitchen area that I felt was more than adequate, but not large enough for a family of 4.
I am aware that people of all ages stay at the hotel, and the comment made about the elevator amused me. I know that there are less fortunate people than me that need to take an elevator for health reasons, but I was on the 4th floor, at the end of the corridor. It took me a whole 3 minutes to walk from the reception to my room!
Breakfast was again adequate. Not a full buffet breakfast, but certainly enough to get you started for the day. On my first morning I was late for breakfast. I arrived at 9:35 am not realizing that breakfast finished at 9:30 am. By 9:35 am the breakfast had been cleaned up, almost in it's entirety. A member of the kitchen staff asked me if I would like anything, and then went above and beyond to bring me some breakfast. This was after it had already been put away. There were one or two comments about how quick the breakfast was cleaned up, but I say excellent job done! It was clearly stated that breakfast finished at 9:30 am and people should have been down with time to spare (including me).
I must finish by highly recommending this hotel should you be in PSL. Do not expect 5 star luxury, but be happy with a clean room, an adequate breakfast, and super duper staff.
To the staff: Thank you very much. It makes traveling away from home so much easier dealing with people like yourselves. Please be sure to keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We live in a world of you get what you pay for. This hotel is an absolute bargain for the prices off...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank no818528
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed 8 nights in March 2012. Rates are typical for the area especially since the hotel is so close to the NY Mets spring training stadium. Front desk at 7:15 AM has no cash in a drawer for laundry use until the manager comes in at 8 AM. Close to I 95

Large TV, but barely visible from the king size bed because of the room layout. Rooms are clean and well stocked. Pull out sofa. The only thing making it a suite is a small sink and a microwave and small refrigerator. No utensils. Business center is nothing more than a computer and printer sitting on a counter top.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We spent a night here on the way to a cruise in Fort Lauderdale.
The room was nice and clean; beds were wonderful. I will say that when the soda bed is made out, it is impossible to get to the door, kitchennette, or workdesk.
We arrived about midnight on a Friday night and the parking lot was pretty full. I was apprehensive because there were several signs throughout the lot, at the check in desk, and in the hallway stating the hotel was not responsible for anything left in cars. I have seen ONE such sign posted in hotels, but the fact that there were so many made me worry they had problems and were limiting their liability. Our van was loaded with suitcases for a week long cruise for a family of four and we did not want to drag everything up to the room. We were relieved everything was okay the next morning.
Like I stated, the room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was nice with a large sink and counter area outside the shower and toilet area. Towels were very comfy and large. We did not hear anyone else from our room and slept well.
There was a free breakfast which was very crowded as would be expected with the full parking lot. The breadfast was not great and the worker did not seem motivated to fill anything.
The hotel was very convenient to I-95 and a short drive to the turnpike.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank beckyfromtennessee
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Hello,

I am writing with great disappointment, with your Hotel & Staff friendliness, helpfulness at Check-in and Cleanliness. Is this property a Marriott trade mark? Are these your standards? Is this Quality Assurance? I stayed on the night of 01/10/12 folio # 86541

I want to advise you of my experience at your location for one night. Before I checked into your facilities I had called to inquire about vacancies, I spoke with "Felipe Munoz"which was cooperative and one worded (short) at first. I explained that our home (myself, husband and two children) was flooded everything ruined and that our insurance company would be calling to reserve and pay for the room. Upon walking into your facilities my initial reaction was (DIRTY) the air smelled of urine and Stael. When we walked to the desk "Felipe" did not greet us nor made us feel welcomed. He had asked my Husband for a Credit Card, my Husband thinking that the insurance company was paying for it, questioned it. He explained that the credit card was for incidentals only, I had asked if he can make the exception due to my family staying for the one night. He stated "No! unfortunately we need it in-case you break something in the room!" WOW!!!! (Is this hospitable?) He rudely cut my Husband off and said "I'm just doing my job" and walked away. When he came back my Husband gave him a credit card and Felipe asked for a local address, never asking for my ID. Which the folio does not have my address and says one guest and clerk:ZZZ. Doesn't the hotel require more information such as accurate address, phone number and or email? Do you also require the correct amount of guest per room to determine an accurate number for breakfast and in case of a fire or emergency? He then gave us the room key (dismissing us), I had to ask "where is the elevator?" "where is the luggage cart?" "what time is breakfast served?" "where is your pool and hours?" "where is the laundry room?" Extremely unprofessional!!! The luggage carts are load and old. I thought for a moment that I was somewhere far away from home in a bad Caribbean Island Resort. I was able to take my children to the pool, it was cold. We did enjoy the Hot Tub for about 40 minutes...

Upon our arrival in the room the foul smell continued, my eldest son lay-ed on the pillow (finally after a long horrifying day) says "Mom look at these pillows". The pillow's all four, were yellow and dingy with lint balls (is this a Marriott?) they had one pillow case over them which for the most part in staying at other hotels, the pillows have one case that zips and another over that one which is open. The paint was faded the ceiling looked like it had been repaired by a Mikey Mouse company or some that didn't know what they were doing and the television was old. (I hope you are able to forward this to Pacific Concord Corp. offices to increase your budget for a complete revamp/renovation) I then put my younger son in the shower and noticed that the towels looked like they had been donated, hard as paper with a funny smell. I went to make coffee and the sink made a screeching noise, the phone by the window did not work. I was trying to request a wake-up call, and quickly changed my mind. Finally, as I made up the pull out bed for myself and Husband I noticed the sheet that visibly had been washed way to many times, with small wholes and lint balls. The Carpet was filthy...What a nightmare on top of the nightmare my family had that day.

I must say the next morning, while walking down the hallway, the Housekeeper was friendly. We were ecstatic to leave, but decided to have breakfast, the older Woman in the dinning area was very pleasant and so was this older man dressed as if he worked in the Engineering department. I must say that it was a SHAME that the only nice part of our stay was the breakfast and your line level employee's making my family feel WELCOMED.

It is unfortunate this could have been revenue for your property for three months.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JMunoz1997
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I had a great stopover at this hotel. I was lucky to find this gem by accident. Next time I will go out of my way a bit....and it will be no accident. Lucas at the Front Desk was extremely helpful. Con- 1 elevator and bed a bit hard.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool side if you go to bed before 11 pm.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business