“Best Stay Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
“Best Stay Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is what a hotel should be. The minute you walk into your room, you feel relaxed and comfortable. The bathroom is elegant and large. All the amenities are there, including fee Wi-Fi. Temperature control is perfect. The front desk person, Chris, was extremely friendly and knowledgeable My husband and I would recommend The Wyvern to anyone stay8ing in Punta Gorda. It's well kept, well decorated and extremely clean. It's a great area to be in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joan B
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Joan B,

Thank you for your glowing review, and for choosing to stay at the Wyvern Hotel. We are very much appreciative of your time to write to us and let the world know of your experience at our fine facility. I am glad to hear that you found myself of great enjoyment during your recent visit. We pride ourselves on friendly and efficient service, clean facilities, and upscale amenities like no other in the area; glad to hear that you found those as well!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Wyvern, we're always to here to be of service to YOU!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at the Wyvern Hotel in Punta Gorda last weekend. It was absolutely a wonderful experience! The rooms were clean and spacious, the bathroom was gorgeous and the beds were so comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly, Chris Heaxt and Vanessa were wonderful! Thank you Wyvern for an excellent stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank DianaS340
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear DianaS340,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyvern Hotel. Our staff is pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the we have top offer, from our over-sized rooms to the lush bedding, not to mention the spacious bathrooms. I am glad to hear that you found myself and Vanessa of great joy to your needs.

Once again, I thank YOU for your candid feedback as it will help us grow to better serve our guests, much like yourself.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I have now stayed at the Wyvern about ten days in the last month. I was concerned about some of the other reviews but the service has been awesome! Warm and Southern, so if you're looking for a high-fashion boutique experience look elsewhere. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. My one piece of advice is what others have said about the music from the roof deck on weekends - it is loud on the fifth floor. But the lower floors are quieter and the staff will quickly offer a change of rooms if it's too loud. I found that the music is part of the fun atmosphere but it may not be for everyone. I will be staying here again a few more times in the next month and it's starting to feel like a second home!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie K
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Hi Julie,

I would simply like to say THANK YOU for your review! I am so happy that you enjoy staying here with us and enjoy all that we have to offer. I will be sure to thank the staff personally on your behalf for providing great service that is second-to-none, and what the Wyvern Hotel is known for.

If my self or the staff may be of any further assistance to make your experience one-of-a-kind, please reach out to us directly, it is always our pleasure.

See you soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The Wyvern is an excellent hotel in Punta Gorda. It is a small hotel with elegance that is by far better than some of your well named chains. The rooms are superb and the bathroom is very large with separate tub and shower. The shower is large with a big enough holder for your items. Each room has a sofa and desk area for comfort and space to get work done. The Rooftop bar is a wonderful area to relax and the Resturant is very good. The staff are attentive and very kind. The location is great since it is close a multitude of local restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris H, Front Office Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you tsoard for your comments! We pride ourselves on taking care of each and every guest to create that true, southern hospitality that Punta Gorda is known for. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms spacious and accommodating for your needs.

Thank you once again for your kind review. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Great hotel, clean friendly they are there to take care of your needs. The beds super comfy.the rooms super clean and comfy. Great central location to everything in town. Nice pool on the roof. If you are not staying on the Water side of hotel it can be a little noisy due to bar next to parking lot. Didn't bother me as the beds are really comfy I went right to sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff of the Wyvern Hotel, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us! It is always a great pleasure to be able to take great care of our guests and pride ourselves on that commitment. I am so glad that you found the comfort and cleanliness of our guest rooms of enjoyment as well. In regards to the music at Dean's restaurant behind us, we always recommend an upgrade to one of our Deluxe rooms to be able to view the serene atmosphere that Punta Gorda is known for.

Thanks again for staying with us, I look forward to having you join us again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Wow. The hotel is really elegant. The lighting, decorations, showers are wounderful! & the bed is comfy!
My only compkaint is the service we recieved when we first got here. There was a young man behind the counter, complaining a customer he just finished a phone call with. Then he was snappy towards us. I just didn't feel as if it was professional.
Overall nice, just service could be better.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chris H, Front Office Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Hello dianap2012,

I would like to thank you for staying with us! I am glad to hear that you found our facilities luxurious and of great elegance. In regards to the service you received at the Front Desk, if you could please email me at cheaxt@thewyvernhotel.com with some further details so that I may address them. Thanks again for staying with us, hope to welcome you back again soon!

Regards,

Venice, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying in this hotel to celebrate my 1st anniversary. I couldnt be more pleased that I chose this hotel. It is by far the BEST Punta Gorda has to offer. The roof top bar is so romantic, stunning sunsets, made to order... I have been reading other reviews on here, and would like to add that those of you who have stayed and received poor service should try it again. They have made a few changes in their staff, I think weeding out the bad by the sounds. We had great service especially by the new FD manager Chris, he couldnt do enough to make our anniversary exactly what we were hoping for. Other great staff members id like to mention were Jessica and Richy. Thank you to all for a absolutely outstanding job....

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris H, Front Office Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear bwvenice,
I would like to THANK YOU for choosing to stay with us at The Wyvern Hotel. Also, congratulations to you and your significant other... they say the 1st year is always the hardest!
I am glad to hear that my staff and I were able to be of great assistance to you during your stay, which in turn led to an overall positive experience. As you had mentioned, we have also changed staffing around in the hotel and our service levels are now better than ever!
Thanks again for staying with us and for providing your honest and sincere feedback.
Here's to the future and many more anniversaries to come!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Gorda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda? Share your experiences!