“First Class Hotel - Elegant with Personal Attention”

The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Punta Gorda, Florida
“First Class Hotel - Elegant with Personal Attention”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Wyvern twice in the last few weeks. Service was prompt and attentive. Rooms were well appointed and clean. Nice Restaurant on premises along with rooftop pool and bar with an excellent staff. An Elegant property with a small town feel and a great price. Fantastic New Year's Eve dinner! Will be returning next month.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thanks Alan C for your great review! I am thrilled to hear that you greatly enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff attentive to your needs. I look forward to personally welcoming you back on your next visit to Punta Gorda.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We scheduled one night at this hotel and stayed two. It is the cleanest hotel I've seen in a long while. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The staff are wonderful and I liked the fact that they were there if you needed something but otherwise seemed invisible. The parking is very convenient and security is good for the guests. The elevators don't work without a room key. The beds are comfortable and the linens are nice. Beautiful mosaic floor in the elevator. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel. There's a great little bar almost next door where we enjoyed relaxing and listening to live music.

• Stayed January 2014
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank YOU skysis for your charming 5-star review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed all that our upscale hotel has to offer and found it "one of the cleanest hotels found in a while." We strive for excellence and are glad that is what you received. Please come back and see us again soon next time you're in the Punta Gorda area.

Toronto
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a 63-room boutique hotel just behind Laishley Park Marina, a block from restaurants and shops. Great waterfront views. Room was lovely, huge bathroom and sparkling clean. Quiet and posh. My only regret was the rooftop pool, which was adequate, but not all that charming. Also, there is a Christian connection, with an on-call minister for prayer sessions. This wasn't obtrusive and might be helpful for some folks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear WinsomeTraveller, THANK YOU for your feedback and letting the world know how your experience was at our one-of-a-kind hotel. Your words are very important to let us know what we can improve on. In regards to our pool being "not that charming," I would love to hear additional details that we can improve on to make our guest experience better. Please feel free to email me directly at CHeaxt@TheWyvernHotel.com.

Thanks again for staying with us and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Came just to check out the view, but stayed for a few drinks! The view was really nice & the service was exceptional! They had a DJ, & they played all kinds of music!! I would have liked to check out the rooms.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
MLerario1023, thanks for stopping by to "check us out!" I am glad you enjoyed yourself and our house DJ. Feel free to stop by on your next visit, we are more than happen to show you one of our beautiful and spacious guest rooms anytime!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was so excited when we checked in to this hotel because it was perfect. It was extremely clean, which is what I look for in a hotel. The problem-we asked when the pool closed and was told by the front desk that it closed at 10pm. So at 9pm we let our children swim. Well, I guess the guy performing had a problem with the kids(and yes some of the kids are teenagers and my 10 year old daughter) swimming. The kids were never left without an adult so I know for a fact they were not being disruptive. First, as they got in to the pool, the guy singing said into the microphone "some people pay $200 to swim". The crowd started laughing. I didn't get it. A pool on the rooftop is a pretty attractive feature to teens and kids. The next thing we know the kids are done swimming and as they walk out the singer says into the microphone very sarcastic "thanks for swimming guys". We complained to the front desk and they said they would talk to him. When we checked out the front desk said they talked to him and he denied everything. I am not a liar. It is very rare that my children get to go on a vacation, so for them to be made fun of, especially in front if a crowd with a microphone by an arrogant jerk makes me very mad. This guy is not some kind of celebrity that anybody cares about and the fact that the hotel didn't offer us anything for the embarrassment my kids felt says a lot about their priorities. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Ruehlmanj
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Ruehlmanj,

I would like to apologize for the experience you received at the Rooftop. We do feature live entertainment every Friday and Saturday evening by independent singers/groups that are hired by the hotel and are not employed by us.

The pool area is a featured amenity for hotel guests and any comments regarding that will not be tolerated by our management staff from an independent group or singer. I will further investigate this matter and take the corrective actions necessary.

Since this issue was with the entertainment and not the hotel, I hope that you will return and stay with us again soon. We strive for excellence and will do whatever it takes to win your loyalty.

Please reach out to me via email at CHeaxt@TheWyvernHotel.com if I may be of any further assistance to you or would like me to personally make your next reservation.

All the best and have a Happy New Year!

florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Plenty of free parking. Well within walking distance of all the best places to eat. Good food and music. Good views. Rooms: clean, acceptable, quiet. PG is trying very hard to revive the waterfront area downtown and has done a great job so far.

Room Tip: Stay on 3 or 4. The band on the roof quits @ 10pm if you're early to bed type.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thedoctor2001
Dear thedoctor2001,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated for us to further enhance our service and experience for every guest. Whenever you are in the area again, I hope that you will consider staying with us at the Wyvern Hotel.

Happy New Year!

Toronto
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at The Wyvern hotel and loved. Great rooms, great location and great pool. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My only recommendation would be to bring your own snacks as there are no vending machines with snack food and although they provide mini bar snacks they are very expensive.
I would definitely stay there again. Roof top pool and patio is awesome!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
I have to agree, Stormsam, that the Rooftop terrace is simply breathtaking! Along with our rooms, there is no better place to stay with the service and amenities we offer. We do provide fully-stocked minibars for the convenience of every guest, so you won't have to worry about leaving the comfort of room if you choose to. as always, thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Gorda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda? Share your experiences!