“We have never walked out before tonight”
Review of Lulu Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lulu Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lulu is located on the first floor and roof of the luxurious Wyvern Hotel. Our first floor dining features a new menu for 2013. Our roof top with the scenic sunset views of the harbor area, trendy drinks, weekend bands and fabulous atmosphere make it the place to be for all.
Columbia, IL
“We have never walked out before tonight”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I checked on line as we were celebrating a memorable moment in our lives and we wanted to return to LuLu since we enjoyed it so much before. Knowing that we are in Florida during the off season we checked the hotel and restaurant menu and called to make sure they were open and even made reservations. Half of the restaurant was blocked off and only about 5 tables were available, we were allowed to choose but there was a noisy rude group of women in there. The water brings over the menu and said it was new and all they offered. I said we called and checked on line and he said they haven't changed it. Now today to get dressed up I wasn't going to go to a place and have the only choices being flat-breads, burgers, and few weird items that all had corn or beans. Maybe 10 things on the menu- we told the waiter how we felt-his name was Nick and we left. I would not recommend it and call and ask specifically how big their menu is and what they have. Sad when a hotel restaurant inside a beautiful Wyvern hotel can't keep things updated. We won't be back

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank susiejc
Chris H, Guest Relations Manager at Lulu Restaurant, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your candid response. I would like you to know that our LuLu Restaurant is currently closed and renovations are underway for us to open in October as a sports bar and grill. The management of LuLu's and The Wyvern Hotel have listened to our guests and have decided it is time for a change. Please stay tuned as we will be reopening soon with an entirely new menu, staff, and atmosphere.! Again, I thank you for your review, and hope to have the opportunity to have you join us again soon!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Forget Everything You've Read Below”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Lulu's has totally changed their operation, although the Executive Chef (who doesn't cook there) remains. The dining room has been closed and the foyer by the bar is the only place to eat. There is no more lunch. The new dinner menu is comprised of mostly sandwiches and burgers, etc. If you liked Lulu's before, you'll probably be disappointed now. While we were there on Wednesday we saw two parties leave before they ordered once they saw the menu. I had shrimp skewers which were basic Sysco fare. The service from Jack the bartender was great.

The menus shown on the Wyvern website are from 2011 (as of 9/3/12) and do not reflect the current offers. Do not rely on the website without checking the menu by phone first. You can totally disregard the lunch menu as there is no lunch anymore.

Wyvern's management is clearly taking the food service outlet here in the wrong direction and the clientele they have built locally, as well as tourists during the winter season, are going to be very, very upset with this change. Someone paying 200-300 per night is not going to be pleased with a burger as the best choice for dinner in the hotel's restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank John K
Punta Gorda
“the best birthday martinis ever!”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My sister and I celebrated on the roof top of the Wyvern, then moved to Lulu's and had the best martinis with dinner. The food was great and the service was too!

Visited July 2012
Venice, Florida
“Always good”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We have stayed at The Wyvern and eaten at LULUs many times. I would recommend if you are looking for a nice quiet good dinner to go to the dining room downstairs. The rooftop is fine for drinks and bar type food but not for a good dinner. The food is all made downstairs and has to travel to the roof. Normally the drinks downstairs are better too. The roof is more of a party place for people 20 years my junior. The habenero scallops are great as are the fish tacos and the bay scallop tacos. Have never had a bad food experience here and the prices are fair. The Creme Brulee is A MUST.

• Visited June 2012
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Great Food and Experience”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I had heard very mixed reviews about Lulu's and was reluctant to try it. I was then given a gift card and decided to try. I loved it - had the Lobster Mac n Cheese - it was awesome, and I am not a big seafood eater, we had a pizza type thing as a starter and that was amazing too. We will go back one day