“Good, affordable Italian food, just South of town in Punta Gorda, Fl..”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Limoncello - CLOSED

Trattoria Limoncello
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Good, affordable Italian food, just South of town in Punta Gorda, Fl..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Living in a historic "destination point" in a SW Florida waterfront town that has in excess of 100 eating establishments to choose from sometimes makes the choice of "where to go tonight" challenging at best, especially during our "high season" when all of our seasonal residents decide to return. During this busy time of year, unless you want to have an "early bird" dinner, the wait to be seated in our most popular restaurants in town can be excruciating long. Some times the wait is worth the time and sometimes it's not, but that subject is for future revues. This Italian Restaurant, located a little south of the beaten path of the "down town" eateries has been consistently easy to be seated when arriving for dinner and has consistently good Italian fare. Living in Punta Gorda year round, we do have the luxury of picking and choosing both the time of the year and which day and time to go to Limoncello's for our Italian "fix." We have been there for dinner with only minutes to go before closing and the staff welcomes us as they would have during prime time dinner hours, in or out of season. We have found that the food is always consistently good and the portions are most generous, with experienced servers all very accommodating in their attention to detail while serving and during dinner. And we have never felt any pressure to "hurry up" after the meal, as sometimes is the case in season, in most restaurants. It should be noted, the chef is always willing to adjust a particular menu selection to your taste or create something not on the menu. Personally, I happen to enjoy Chicken Francaise, which is not on the menu, but every time I have asked for it to be prepared, the kitchen has been very accommodating and I have not been disappointed with any meal presented. The prices are affordable and some might say very reasonable for what you receive. The restaurant inside is comfortable with good seating and although the location may not draw the crowds it should, simply by the fact that to find Limoncello's you have to know it's there or you have to know that the proper name of the restaurant is Trattoria Limencello. Otherwise, a simple search for "Limoncello's" in either the phone directory or even on a Google search will produce no results, I know, I've tried. Being a small business owner myself, I would make sure that everybody could find my business through my "brand name" or with simple print advertising, even if it meant taking two listings with the second having the abbreviated "Limoncellos" listed with an address and phone number. I've lived here longer that the restaurant has been in operation in Punta Gorda and until recently, when I searched for the phone number for a friend, I never had known this noteworthy restaurant by any other name than Limoncello's. But, now I do, and I strongly recommend that you try this restaurant and be sure to remember it not only by it's good Italian fare, but by it's correct name - Trattoria Limoncello, in Punta Gorda, Florida. It's worth discovering.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Old5anDimer

“Quaint Italian Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

On a whim we stopped in this place last night about 7pm. It sits out of the way on Tamiami Trail. The place was packed but we were able to get a table for 2.

Prices range anywhere from $10 on up. I had the Shrimp Fra Diavolo (17.95). Tasted good but there were only 6 shrimp in the entire dish. Kind of pricey for only 6 shrimp. Spouse had Linguine alla Puttanesca ($11.95) which he said was very good. Tons of olives!

Atmosphere was nice. Once they brought our beverages and bread it took the waitress a long time before she came back to take our food order.

• Visited November 2013
“Great birthday dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had a great birthday dinner at Trattoria Limoncello. My veal marsala was delicious, and my husband loved his lasagna. There was plenty to bring home for leftovers. The bread and dip were delicious, and so was the salad. The service was excellent.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 2012UWMom
Punta Gorda, FL
“Excellent Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We visited Limoncello for the second time and will definitely go back. The menu of Italian staples and house specialties does not disappoint. Two in our party had the sausage-peppers-onion in red sauce over pasta. While I meant to save some for the next day's lunch, I couldn't make myself stop until the plate was clean. Others had veal in limoncello sauce and chicken in same sauce. The limoncello sauce is sweet, maybe too sweet for some, but we loved it. The minestrone comes in a generous portion and is delicious. Service is quite good. In both of our visits, there was live music which was good but a little loud for a dinner scene.

• Visited August 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
“Who knew this place could be so A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have always wanted to try to this restaurant and for the first time, the food did not disappoint my friend and me!

We were originally planning to go to another restaurant in this town but it was closed, so I suggested that we try this Italian restaurant that is situated on Burnt Store Meadows that is south of Punta Gorda.

Not really expecting anything, we ordered the Cozze in Blanco (mussels in white wine), we thought this would be a smaller portion for our late lunch! Were we surprised when the mussels were flavored with garlic, white wine, and fresh oregano. They were steamed just right and were juicy, tender and plump! The pot liquor has so much flavor, you have to take the bread and sop up the juices that was finished with a hint of lemon.

I ordered the Antipasto Freddo that had nice pieces of ham, provolone cheese, onion, romaine lettuce, gardinier, and a good Italian vinaigrette. My friend decided to order the white clam sauce with the linguine but after eating most the mussels, and dipping the bread in the juices, he was full and had to cancel the order.

The food was prepared fresh as our waitress, Giselle, explained to us that food preparation begins once the order is made. I could not even finish my salad and had that packed but you can bet I will eat that for dinner as this was delicious!

The dining experience was worth the time as there are not so many family-owned restaurants here in Charlotte county. The only problem my friend and I agree is the location as this place should be in downtown Punta Gorda that has no pretentiousness, bad attitude and fresh, homemade Italian cooking. This restaurant only makes me wish I was Italian because the food is that good!

• Visited July 2013