“Another Perfect Meal”
Review of The Perfect Caper

The Perfect Caper
Reserve with OpenTable
The Perfect Caper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nesbit St.
“Another Perfect Meal”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had my sister in law and neice visiting and decided to go to the Caper. We started with the Pomegranite Flip Martinis which are fantastic. For appetizers we had the Calamari (Best in the world) and the Pork Belly tacos which are delicious. For dinner we had a very nice 2004 Castelgiocondo Brunello di Montalcino which had aged perfectly. Very complex and smooth. I had the Filet Mignon with Lobster Mac and cheese. One of the best Filets I have ever had. My neice had the same. My wife and her sister each had a specialty salad and split the Mussels which are just perfect every time. The service was exceptional as always. Shout out to Gabe. Thanks Gabe for making our meal special.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Stelly3665

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Family 70th Birthday”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

It was my mother in law's 70th birthday. She loves the Caper so we made a last minute reservation for 8 people. They graciously accommodated me. We arrived early and enjoyed very reasonably priced cocktails in their intimate Lounge. Our table was ready. Decor is lovely with interesting Art. We ordered off the fixed price menu which is available monday to thursday. You get a choice of an appetizer and a main course meal. Plus for an additional $10 you get 2 glasses of wine. My son enjoyed a lobster taco appetizer which was wonderful heaping with claw meat! John was our waiter and he was Perfect! some of us got Mama's Chicken which is butttermilk chicken with a corn sauce and cheesy grits with bok choy. I had tempura shrimp served over an Asian style salad and others had filet mignon. Calamari is BEST I ever had. Just a great, fine dining experience. Yes regular menu is pricey but I feel it is worth it. I always am treated like Royalty at the Perfect Caper. Great place to treat yourself or for a special occasion.

• Visited April 2014
Mukilteo, Washington
“Perfect Perfect Caper”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were eight in our party and were seated in the small "private" room at the rear of the restaurant. The food was outstanding and the service too. It was a great location for the group as we could actually talk without distractions.

• Visited March 2014
Port Charlotte, Florida
“best in town....”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

the service is impecable. fabulous selection from burgers to moraccan lamb. the bartender is generous and the drinks are classically made. the atmosphere is warm, comfortable, and inviting. i recommend the warm goat...its a must have. creme bruelle is excellent as well. scallops sweet and unique. enjoy!

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
“Not as "perfect" as before”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

When asked what our favorite Punta Gorda restaurant is, we have always said The Perfect Caper. However, our visit there last week was somewhat disappointing. The service, as usual, was superb. We ordered from the fixed price menu. My appetizer, the lightly fried calamari with Asian sauce was good but not unique. This dish seems to be at many restaurants these days. My husband ordered the steak special which was very small in size. I had the grilled chicken with an apple and beet spinach salad. The salad was so laden with dressing that it was unappetizing to eat. It also had only 3 VERY thin slices of apple and beets. There were tiny pieces of apple in the salad. The chicken was overdone and dry. The lobster mac n cheese was good but not great. For the price, we had hoped for better. Also, while the décor is nice with its copper hues, it is extremely noisy. A few acoustic panels would help immensely.

• Visited March 2014