“Amazing food!!”
Review of The Perfect Caper

The Perfect Caper
Reserve with OpenTable
The Perfect Caper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nesbit St.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Owner is probably one of the only properly trained chefs in the area! Food is fresh....especially the salmon. They also have great happy hours and burgers in town.

1  Thank apifony
There are newer reviews for The Perfect Caper

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Excellent wine list, very nice appetizers. The main course was very nice with many gourmet choices. Scrumptious desserts.

2  Thank Galburt
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The best restaurant experience I have ever had. Tiny cream puff tarts topped with a creamy dollop of butternut squash were served simply as a beginning treat; the goat cheese appetizer was heavenly. The steak literally melted in my mouth. The dessert selection is unique and delicious. Then they brought out another tiny chocolate peanut butter tidbit simply as an ending treat. Don't miss this experience!

2  Thank bsj1965
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Cute little spot, but tucked back on the side of the building so it's not visible from the road. The interior seemed a little dark to me and the decor more contemporary than my own taste would dictate, but there were nice, crisp linens on the tables and friendly, proficient employees. I ordered the duck salad for my lunch. I realized when I tasted the duck that I had always had duckling before. I found it to be a little more fatty than I expected, but really enjoyed the salad part - particularly the cherry vinaigrette dressing. Homemade breads were very nice and I liked being able to see some of the kitchen operations from my table. I find it to be a good sign when a restaurant does not hesitate to let patrons see how the kitchen staff prepares the food. When in the Punta Gorda area in the future, I would not hesitate to return. I may call ahead for a reservation, though, as it's a small place that seems to have a loyal following.

2  Thank MzElaineous
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son and I went to The Perfect Caper for lunch. We ordered the appetizer with the warm goat cheese, etc. and it was excellent. We then ordered sandwiches which were also top notch. The service was excellent and we will definitely go back again for dinner. Punta Gorda needs more upscale restaurants and hopefully, sometime in the near future, we can steer a new one in. Bravo to The Perfect Caper.

2  Thank Authorjanedwards