OK - followers of my travels and reviews know that, well, I expect a lot. I word hard for my money and look for value. I don't expect champagne for the price of a beer. But I do expect value.
The Four Points is relatively new in this location, being erected after Hurricane Charley.
My first concern was booking. I used one of "those " sites, as one of my normal chain stays is not in this area. I was running a little late so I called to verify my res. well, there was no reservation in file. However, the night manager, Erika (sorry if I did not spell it correctly), put me at ease and got me an even better room than I booked at the same price quoted by the site. She was professional, courteous and efficient. Yes, this started off very well.
Upon my arrival she confirmed that the reservation was not logged but took care of me. While not pushy, she signed me up for their reward program with ease and welcomed me to the "club".
When I got to my room, I was pleasantly surprised. Bright, spacious and well appointed. Free water, a coffee maker a nice work space and a clean smell. Yes, this was starting off very well and very welcome after a long two days if business travel.
OK, so why not five stars? Well, let's start at dinner. I asked Erika what was decent and She shared her opinion, which I had pre- chosen anyway. However, neither choices were available. What I did order was choice three which was, well, OK. It consisted of chicken lightly breaded and sautéed, however, some of t&g chicken was not sautéed in sauce and I had to scrape off the coating. The Cesar salad that accompanied the dinner was decent, but had too many croutons. Admittedly, just my preference. Wine was OK, but again, considering the location and price was adequate. Dinner was like $26 including the wine so again, decent value was there. I could have walked to a neighborhood place I had been before for less and it would have been better, but convenience was here and again, so was value. April, the bar tender was friendly, courteous and it worked out fine.
I returned to my room, and used the iron to prepare for my day tomorrow. Great, no issues at all . Then I pulled down the cover on the bed I intended to sleep in. I am certain the sheets were clean from the feel, but there it was - a blood stain right where my shoulder would have been. That killed it - it was real obvious and should have easily been caught. Unless the housekeeper her or hisself cut himself. Either way, it wasn't mine and I wasn't sleeping in it. I changed beds (and therefore caused more sheets to have to be washed ), and it was fine.
The rooms are a little noisy, as I was able to hear my neighbors fairly clearly. Nothing the tv didn't cover for the most part, but I could still hear them. Again, for the price I guess it could be expected although it could be/have been a problem with loud(er) guests.
Would I stay again or recommend it to a friend? With the above qualifications absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside is located on the edge of the Charlotte Harbor waterfront in south Florida. Our hotel is a short drive from Cape Haze and the Gulf of Mexico's shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
- Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside Hotel Punta Gorda
- Four Points Punta Gorda
- Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside Florida