“Good Value, though not perfect as...”

Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Prescott, Arizona
“Good Value, though not perfect as...”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

OK - followers of my travels and reviews know that, well, I expect a lot. I word hard for my money and look for value. I don't expect champagne for the price of a beer. But I do expect value.
The Four Points is relatively new in this location, being erected after Hurricane Charley.

My first concern was booking. I used one of "those " sites, as one of my normal chain stays is not in this area. I was running a little late so I called to verify my res. well, there was no reservation in file. However, the night manager, Erika (sorry if I did not spell it correctly), put me at ease and got me an even better room than I booked at the same price quoted by the site. She was professional, courteous and efficient. Yes, this started off very well.

Upon my arrival she confirmed that the reservation was not logged but took care of me. While not pushy, she signed me up for their reward program with ease and welcomed me to the "club".

When I got to my room, I was pleasantly surprised. Bright, spacious and well appointed. Free water, a coffee maker a nice work space and a clean smell. Yes, this was starting off very well and very welcome after a long two days if business travel.

OK, so why not five stars? Well, let's start at dinner. I asked Erika what was decent and She shared her opinion, which I had pre- chosen anyway. However, neither choices were available. What I did order was choice three which was, well, OK. It consisted of chicken lightly breaded and sautéed, however, some of t&g chicken was not sautéed in sauce and I had to scrape off the coating. The Cesar salad that accompanied the dinner was decent, but had too many croutons. Admittedly, just my preference. Wine was OK, but again, considering the location and price was adequate. Dinner was like $26 including the wine so again, decent value was there. I could have walked to a neighborhood place I had been before for less and it would have been better, but convenience was here and again, so was value. April, the bar tender was friendly, courteous and it worked out fine.

I returned to my room, and used the iron to prepare for my day tomorrow. Great, no issues at all . Then I pulled down the cover on the bed I intended to sleep in. I am certain the sheets were clean from the feel, but there it was - a blood stain right where my shoulder would have been. That killed it - it was real obvious and should have easily been caught. Unless the housekeeper her or hisself cut himself. Either way, it wasn't mine and I wasn't sleeping in it. I changed beds (and therefore caused more sheets to have to be washed ), and it was fine.

The rooms are a little noisy, as I was able to hear my neighbors fairly clearly. Nothing the tv didn't cover for the most part, but I could still hear them. Again, for the price I guess it could be expected although it could be/have been a problem with loud(er) guests.

Would I stay again or recommend it to a friend? With the above qualifications absolutely.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MRMED8R
Four Points by ... P, Front Office Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear MRMED8R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, as well as The Dockside Grill we have on property. I am very happy to hear that Erica was able to help you at the desk with your reservation. As we all know, a smooth check in is the beginning of a smooth stay at a hotel. It's nice to read reviews from people on business because I find most are pleasantly surprised that we can accommodate the various needs of the family, couples, and guests traveling on business. Whether it be from the fast, free wireless internet, free water and coffee in the rooms for a quick departure, or the business center that has two brand new computers, we will make sure your business travel needs are met. Hopefully when you come stay with us again, you will have time to visit The Tiki Bar, relax, put your feet in the sand and take in a beautiful sunset.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Fleming Island, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights. The rooms were stylish and the beds very comfortable. The property itself is very nicely decorated and very clean. The food at the dockside grill was very good. It is located on the harbor walk and you can walk to fishermans village which houses restaurants and shops as well as to the downtown area where they have a farmers market on Saturday. They were very welcoming at this hotel and the quality of service top notch!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beth S
Four Points by ... P, Front Office Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Beth S.

Thank you so much for you wonderful review. It really sounds like you took advantage of some of the great things to do in Punta Gorda. Being that the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside is centrally located, our guests are in walking distance to Fisherman's Village, the Farmer's Market, and the water. We hope that you decide to come back and see us in the next couple months as there will be much more to see and do in Punta Gorda as season approaches.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Only stayed 1 night but rooms were very clean and all staff was extremely friendly. Pool is a little small but we were the only couple that were laying out so no complaints! We would definitely stay again but I think only down fall is that there are no balconies available and that's usually a must for me, since I constantly like to be in the fl weather and I'm in MD where the average temp is 30 degrees!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Britny R.

We here at the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside focus on delivering clean facilities and a relaxing, friendly atmosphere. It's nice to read reviews such as yours to let us know that we are doing our jobs. I agree with you about the Florida weather, I like to be outside as much as possible as well. On your next stay, I recommend one of our Queen Balcony Marina View rooms. They are only on the 5th floor, have a nice balcony and a great view of the water and the marina. Hope to see again soon!

Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I found our room to be tastefully decorated in a blue and white nautical theme. The bathroom was great with wicker baskets for your towels, etc. The beds were most comfortable and I enjoyed having free bottles of water in our room. The outside bar was fabulous - on the water with a great view and a nice mix of people of all ages. We ate dinner several times at the hotel and we were blown away on how great the food was, both breakfast and dinner! The waitresses, especially Crystal and Kelsey, were very friendly and made our visit to Punta Gorda very special. And Brittany, the bartender, makes a great drink and is very accommodating with any special drink request. Everyone at the front desk had a smile and thanked us for our patronage. Loved the hotel! Jo-Ann W.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear JoAnn W,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. We here at the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside strive to give every guest the best experience possible. Our executive chef at The Dockside Grill works very hard to create a unique menu for the guests of the hotel and also residents in our community. I will let Crystal, Kelsey, and Brittany know to keep up great work and I will thank them for being such an important part of your stay. I am happy that you were able to catch some of the breath taking views at The Tiki Bar, especially around sunset, and you are right, it has a very unique mix of people, from local residents to families traveling from out of the country. Please come back and see us soon, there will be many more exciting things unfolding in the months to come.

Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting and must say I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large, comfy, and clean. The front desk staff were friendly and very amenable to our needs and requirements. The outside bar was a perfect place to end a busy day watching the gorgeous sunset enjoying some cocktails and appetizers. YES, I'll definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Gwopilot,

Thank you so much for your review. We here at the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside are no strangers to accommodating guests purely traveling on business. We do have many families and couples come stay with us for pleasure, but many of our amenities are geared to a business person on the go. These amenities include our fast and free wireless internet, our two new computers with printers in the business center, and our free coffee stations waiting for you as you rush out for an early meeting. Then after a long day, come back, have dinner with our execute chef at the Dockside Grill, or unwind at The Tiki Bar with one of those sunsets you spoke about. All within footsteps of your room. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed in a corner king on 2nd floor. Room had beach cottage decor - very untraditional - roomy bathroom had blue and white baskets with rolled bath towels, lighthouse lanterns, nice glass shower with awesome water pressure. The room was comfortable in size with roll up shades (corner room has 3 windows over looking water), very nice linens, firm bed, soft linens. Very clean. Didn't get to experience much on hotel property but did catch sunset at the tiki hut - really nice! Weird part was the bathroom - no privacy - could hear everything! So, make sure you're very familiar with your hotel mate!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melvil2013
Dear Melvil2013,

Thank you for your feedback on your hotel stay. We here at the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside like to read every review and try to build on our successes and learn from our failures. I am happy you enjoyed the King Corner room, it’s definitely a favorite of mine on property. You can't beat the two water views. I would like you encourage you on your next visit to experience more of what the hotel has to offer. Even though we are centrally located around many great restaurants and bars in downtown Punta Gorda, the property holds many great experiences to be had.
On your next visit I highly recommend you try The Dockside Grill, which is on property. Our executive chef has created a very unique menu that keeps guests and residents of Punta Gorda returning. The award winning crab cakes are a must try! Also, on property is The Tiki Bar which has live music, fire pits, and some of the most incredible views of the sunset.

Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We came to Florida for 11 nights to play in the theme parks. The hotel was average. The first morning I woke up there was a cockroach in the bathroom, lovely. It was mainly the cleanliness that put us off. They didn't clean our room at all one day. If you like using the pool then don't stay here. It isn't big enough.

The room was a decent size and it had a TV and coffee facilities albeit they weren't very good.

It was just a disappointment I'm afraid to say.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dani W
Dear Dani C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have forwarded your comments on to housekeeping and the pest control company. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and strive to meet the high standards of our guests. I can assure you that a pest in a guest room is not a normal occurrence, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will give us a chance to prove this to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Gorda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside? Share your experiences!