“Budget Hotel with a Nice Water View”

Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Flat Rock, Michigan
“Budget Hotel with a Nice Water View”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Four Points is in an ideal location with a nice view of the harbor. The downsides were expected for a budget hotel. The rooms are super small, linens on the bed are thin and the mattress pad kept wadding up under our feet, the sliding door on bathroom offers no privacy (you hear EVERYTHING)and there's not much in the way of service. But the price is good, there's a cute little bar/restaurant in the hotel with a nice outdoor area for late-night drinks and we loved being near the water. There's also a Tiki Bar at the far end of the parking lot where locals gather every night. We didn't use the pool, but the water was very warm for December. Ask for a room with a view.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BradandGina
Four Points by ... P, Front Office Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear BradandGina,

The Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside would like to thank you for your feed back about the time you shared with us. I agree with you about the location of the hotel. I couldn't have chosen a more ideal location in the heart of Punta Gorda near the shops and restaurants and right on the water with views of Laishley Marina on one side, views of Charlotte Harbor on the other side, and our very own pier for docking your boat or doing a little fishing. You also mentioned the Dockside Grill in the hotel and The Tiki Bar that is located on the water. I am very pleased to inform you that we have introduced a new menu for both locations. This menu already has people talking about the unique Caribbean touches and the savory seafood dishes.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were on the fifth floor and had a nice water view. Some of the lower floors views may be blocked by condos next door. The hotel is walking distance to a nice downtown area. There is also a dock, beach volleyball, and tiki bar right out from the hotel overlooking the water. The staff was helpful and on top of everything. Coffee was provided on the floor and in the lobby. The rooms were clean and well decorated.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you very much for leaving us a review. we're happy to know you liked our hotel location and found our staff helpful. We hope you come back and visit us again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights over New Year's. The staff was very friendly & helpful. The rooms are nicely decorated and have a nautical theme. Beds are super comfortable. Lots of room. Free bike rentals nearby which are great for riding along the waterfront.

Room Tip: Water view is best although the hotel fronts on a busy road that can be noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Four Points by ... P, Front Office Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear LizMacOttawa,

The Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside thanks you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the hotel and the staff. We work very hard to make sure that every guest knows that their patronage is appreciated. I personally am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of Punta Gorda's free bike rental program. It allows our guests to have the freedom to roam around Punta Gorda and experience things that you might miss in a car. One of which is the Harbor Walk that you mentioned. It is the path that is at the back of our hotel which takes you along the water through many of the great parks here in Punta Gorda, all the way to Fisherman's Village. On your next visit, you may wish to try an excursion in one of the Kayaks that we have on property. This way you will get to experience Punta Gorda by land and sea!

Farmer City, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here one night on a recommendation. It turned out to be a vey nice stay. The location is great. The hotel is clean and well appointed. I loved the nautical theme in the room and the sliding door to the bathroom. Nice view of harbor from most rooms. Loved being able to have fresh hot coffee in the morning near the elevator, Good coffee not the watery stuff from some hotels. We had a nice breakfast in the restaurant very good and reasonable priced. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floor have nice view harbor.
2 Thank Tim S
Dear Tim S,

We here at the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside appreciate you taking the time to write this wonderful review. Being so close to the water here, I think the nautical theme that you mentioned really brings the whole experience together. The complimentary coffee we have fresh every morning in the lobby is Rainforest Alliance coffee and really starts the day off strong. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy many things that the hotel has to offer, including the Dockside Grill, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On your next visit, I recommend that you try our Tiki Bar, especially around sunset, the views are incredible and the fire pits are keeping everyone warm during the winter months!

Vero Beach, FL
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We visit Punta Gorda every few weeks and can't recommend the Four Points enough. The rooms are fresh with lovely views of the marina or harbor and super comfortable beds. We were there this last week and had a 5th floor balcony room. The hallway had just been refurbished and looked sharp. The rooms are spacious with large bathrooms. Ours had a bathtub. Housekeeping is superb. The front desk is incredibly accommodating. They always greet us with a smile and a welcome back. The pool area is well maintained with abundant towels and a great hot HOT tub. The fitness center is well equipped and spotless. We love the restaurant - our only complaint is the breakfast choices (mediocre) and occasionally slow service, Another point, parking can be hard to find on the nights the Tiki bar is rocking. Overall - a fabulous, well managed hotel. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: We like the 5th floor balcony rooms.
2 Thank nys
Four Points by ... P, Front Office Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear nys,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and the vote for" best hotel in Punta Gorda." I am happy to hear that you enjoyed you balcony room on the 5th floor, its a great view of the marina and fun to be able to watch the different boats come and go throughout the day. As you mentioned, yes we did just completely refinish all the floors with new carpet, fresh paint and the doors look amazing. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Very pleased with the cleanliness of this hotel. Very nice views, very quiet. Service was very professional and courteous. I was expecting a business class hotel and was surprised at the atmosphere and cleanliness. Inside bar as well as a tiki bar on the water. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: The east side faced a marina. Very nice view from the fourth floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike M
Four Points by ... P, Front Office Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Mike M,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. We here at the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside strive to give each guest a personalized experience based on their reason for staying. We will do whatever we can to accommodate guests whether it be for business or pleasure. I was happy to read that you were able to enjoy the inside bar at the Dockside Grill with the full menu, as well as the Tiki Bar with the incredible views of the sunset and the fire pits to keep you warm on these slightly chilly nights. I also completely agree with you, the east view from the fourth or fifth floors looking out at Laishley park and the Marina are great! Next time you come, try one of the king corner rooms, they have two magnificent views of the river.

Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

OK - followers of my travels and reviews know that, well, I expect a lot. I word hard for my money and look for value. I don't expect champagne for the price of a beer. But I do expect value.
The Four Points is relatively new in this location, being erected after Hurricane Charley.

My first concern was booking. I used one of "those " sites, as one of my normal chain stays is not in this area. I was running a little late so I called to verify my res. well, there was no reservation in file. However, the night manager, Erika (sorry if I did not spell it correctly), put me at ease and got me an even better room than I booked at the same price quoted by the site. She was professional, courteous and efficient. Yes, this started off very well.

Upon my arrival she confirmed that the reservation was not logged but took care of me. While not pushy, she signed me up for their reward program with ease and welcomed me to the "club".

When I got to my room, I was pleasantly surprised. Bright, spacious and well appointed. Free water, a coffee maker a nice work space and a clean smell. Yes, this was starting off very well and very welcome after a long two days if business travel.

OK, so why not five stars? Well, let's start at dinner. I asked Erika what was decent and She shared her opinion, which I had pre- chosen anyway. However, neither choices were available. What I did order was choice three which was, well, OK. It consisted of chicken lightly breaded and sautéed, however, some of t&g chicken was not sautéed in sauce and I had to scrape off the coating. The Cesar salad that accompanied the dinner was decent, but had too many croutons. Admittedly, just my preference. Wine was OK, but again, considering the location and price was adequate. Dinner was like $26 including the wine so again, decent value was there. I could have walked to a neighborhood place I had been before for less and it would have been better, but convenience was here and again, so was value. April, the bar tender was friendly, courteous and it worked out fine.

I returned to my room, and used the iron to prepare for my day tomorrow. Great, no issues at all . Then I pulled down the cover on the bed I intended to sleep in. I am certain the sheets were clean from the feel, but there it was - a blood stain right where my shoulder would have been. That killed it - it was real obvious and should have easily been caught. Unless the housekeeper her or hisself cut himself. Either way, it wasn't mine and I wasn't sleeping in it. I changed beds (and therefore caused more sheets to have to be washed ), and it was fine.

The rooms are a little noisy, as I was able to hear my neighbors fairly clearly. Nothing the tv didn't cover for the most part, but I could still hear them. Again, for the price I guess it could be expected although it could be/have been a problem with loud(er) guests.

Would I stay again or recommend it to a friend? With the above qualifications absolutely.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MRMED8R
Four Points by ... P, Front Office Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear MRMED8R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, as well as The Dockside Grill we have on property. I am very happy to hear that Erica was able to help you at the desk with your reservation. As we all know, a smooth check in is the beginning of a smooth stay at a hotel. It's nice to read reviews from people on business because I find most are pleasantly surprised that we can accommodate the various needs of the family, couples, and guests traveling on business. Whether it be from the fast, free wireless internet, free water and coffee in the rooms for a quick departure, or the business center that has two brand new computers, we will make sure your business travel needs are met. Hopefully when you come stay with us again, you will have time to visit The Tiki Bar, relax, put your feet in the sand and take in a beautiful sunset.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Gorda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside? Share your experiences!