Arriving at the hotel, we were in awe. The exterior, landscaping and view of the marina was magical. We were so excited to stay here. Upon check in the front desk staff went above and beyond for us - getting us the best room they had available and giving us information about things to do in the area. We got up to our room and that's where the magic started to fizzle. It was SO small. There was hardly room to move around (there were four of us, two adults and two toddlers) And there was only one desk.... no other surfaces to put things down, we had to keep everything on the floor. We were supposed to be staying for a week and we were a little scared to have to stay in such an uncomfortable space for that entire week. The room was not very clean - we found doritos on the floor by the bed, there was a large yellow stain on one of the bed spreads and dirty wine glasses left outside our door (that were never picked up). Luckily, my husband's business trip was cut short and we only stayed one night and we were very relieved to be getting out of there.
We decided to stop in the restaurant for breakfast on our way out. The first table we sat at was filthy. We turned our mugs over and there was lipstick and dried coffee in the bottoms of two of them. We moved to another table, this one was clean and ordered our breakfast. The food itself was terrible. My kids pancakes were overdone and so dry they could hardly eat them. My fruit salad was awful. It tasted like it was canned, or maybe frozen - certainly not fresh. If I'm going to pay 5.00 for two pieces of melon and a grape, I expect it to be a little better than that.
Again - I have to stress how great the staff was. They were the only part of the stay that was bearable and the reason I rated this hotel a three rather than a two. We will NOT be staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside is located on the edge of the Charlotte Harbor waterfront in south Florida. Our hotel is a short drive from Cape Haze and the Gulf of Mexico's shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
- Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside Hotel Punta Gorda
- Four Points Punta Gorda
- Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside Florida