“Wonderful night on tuesday! Glad to see...”
Review of Santhinos - CLOSED

Santhinos
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Wonderful night on tuesday! Glad to see my favourite restaurant is still serving the best food in punta gorda! Glad to be back for the winter season. Tuesday night I enjoyed the ceviche, mar y tierra which is a spicy steak and seafood combo which was out of this world! Topped the night off with a tableside flambé of creme brûlée! Made a reservation for Friday which can't come soon enough!

Reviewed 15 September 2010

After the wonderful reviews this restaurant received, we chose Santhinos for our anniversary. The atmosphere was wonderful, the service was excellent and menu choices looked great. We began with drinks and ordered a ceviche to share. It was excellent - grouper, red onion, and corn kernels in a tangy lemon-lime marinate. The salads came out nice and crisp; however, our entrees did not meet our expectations. I ordered the Picante de Mariscos - grouper filet on a red pepper sauce, topped with shrimp and scallops. The sauce was actually on top of everything and was excessively salty. The waiter took it back to the kitchen and returned saying the chef said he didn't add any extra salt and they used a packaged seasoning. I only got 1/2 of my original order back with a watered down sauce and only 1 shrimp and 1 scallop back. It was still too salty. I couldn't eat but about 2 bites. My husband ordered Medallions Diane and the glaze was too salty to him also but not to the excess mine was; he did not send his back. We did order dessert - tiramisu to share and it was excellent. So I only have our entreees to complain about. I would like to return to give it another try but couldn't recommend it based on this visit.

1  Thank Jamey107
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Santhino's is a fabulous restaurant. We've dined there several times and have thoroughly enjoyed our meals each time. Located in a strip mall, you will be pleasantly surprised when you open the doors and find such a lovely atmosphere. Service is excellent. Wine list is affordable and the food is fantastic.

1  Thank Helene B
Reviewed 18 November 2009

I have been here 3 times and loved it everytime. I am usually able to find something wrong everywhere I go. My family and I stay at a lot of hotels and eat out twice a week so always enjoy reviewing places we visit.
This place doesnt look like anything from the outside. It is located in a stripmall. But the inside is very formal and cozy. The staff is always pleasant, the food always great and the prices arent any higher than most other places these days. They have early bird specials everyday for $15 which does inc salad and bread. Some evenings they have a genteman playing a guitar and singing. Probably wouldn't want to take your kids but a great place for a romantic date or conversation with a freind. I havent counted the tables but a guess would be around 10, just to give you an idea.
The calamari tossed in Asian sauce is wonderful! They do have lunch as well. Think the special was $13 for a soup or salad, sandwich and beverage. On restaurant.com you can buy a cheap certificate. That site is amazing too!
I feel bad for the place because its so wonderful yet dosnt seem to advertize. I want to help get the word out.

2  Thank wilster006