“Bad first impression”

Laishley Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Laishley Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 164 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nesbit St.
Description: Laishley Crab House offers waterfront dining and the freshest seafood available. Feast on Blue Crab direct from Charlotte Harbor and the Peace River Seafood Market, fresh Alaskan King Crab and Snow Crab flown in daily from Dutch Harbor, Alaska, or enjoy your favorite seafood, steaks, and sushi. Pets are welcome on our outdoor dining deck. Check out our menu for everything we offer. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 26 April 2014

As soon as we walked through the door their were about 5 girls standing at the front and none of them said welcome or can we help you. We asked for a table outside and they told us there was a 30 minute wait which didn't make sense because we were the only ones waiting for a table... When we asked we were rudely told they have to hold a certain amount of tables open for reservations an hour away. This wasn't the first time we had a rude welcoming at this restaurant but we tried to give it another chance and they failed miserably. It's a shame because it's views are amazing, but Its also not cheap and I'm not going to pay that money to be treated poorly by the staff.

1  Thank Sonochic67
Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We usually order sushi and it's fantastic! I also love the fried green tomatoes (I can make a meal out of them!) The kids meal were a really great deal before they raised the prices (usually .99 - 2.99) they have raised them to regular restaurant prices for kids (3.99 - 4.99). We liked to come here on Sunday's after church but since they raised the kids, we usually come 1/month.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I went with friends for lunch. We sat outside and the seating and view overlooking Charlotte Harbor were great. My husband ordered a lobster roll dubbed as "Boston" style. We have lived in the Boston area for six decades and have never seen anything like this. There were about three pieces of lobster. The rest was some kind of fill and cilantro. It was very disappointing and certainly not worth the $13 although that price for lobster should have been a dead giveaway. My husband doesn't like to complain, but I would have sent it back. I had the fried grouper sandwich. For some reason grouper is really expensive down here (we are snow birds). First time I've had it and only because we are leaving for the north soon and wanted to see what the hype was about. It was really fishy tasting and not very good. Also, service was very slow although it wasn't that busy. Drinks, however, were reasonably priced and a good sized glass of wine for the money. Might go back for anything else but what we ate, but not sure. Too many good places around here. Maybe just for drinks and viewing the harbor.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I will start with the caveat that we were there on a Saturday night at the height of the tourist season. The restaurant was packed.
We started with some sushi which quite good -- and it was a special order. The salads were good not great, but the entres were a letdown. I had seafood on pasta with a cream sauce. The sauce had little flavor and was way too heavy. One entree came with sauce that wasn't delivered until we tracked down a waitperson who went and brought a container of sauce.
The dessert was fairly good.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Found hair in our food Friday evening at Laishleys. It wasn't one piece of hair it was several and in different pieces and multiple types of Sushi. Waitress was very apologetic and took away the offending food. Still needing to eat we reordered a different type of food. It was mediocre, but after eating hair our taste buds were shot for the night.

A manager came by and apologized and said they had not charged us for the sushi with hair. Oh Thanks.

Place has a great view. The waitress was nice.

1  Thank PGHarborSailor